Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Maxplot Duh! Point was the fact that it is illegal it's something that would almost never happen ...
    carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Re: Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    Duh!
    Point was the fact that it is illegal it's something that would almost never happen at all especially today (if ever, as sometimes stories like to get told that have little truth) Something like that just isn't a concern and sans some crazy anomaly what octane you are pumping is what you are getting. The industry is highly regulated with monster fines. The odds of getting the wrong octane are incredibly slim. The one caveat to that would be water in the gas.

PBGelber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD Prem

Do you know what service bulletin or TSB or campaign your dealer used? My car is currently at the Dealer (3.6 awd also) and they have no fix or update for the rough idle??

jason75070 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD
    Picked up car today from a service and they applied the updates at the same time they were applying a patch for Cue. I would say the idle issue is a almost entirely gone (still a very subtle occasional quiver). I would also say it seems to be more eager.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by jason75070 View Post
    Picked up car today from a service and they applied the updates at the same time they were applying a patch for Cue. I would say the idle issue is a almost entirely gone (still a very subtle occasional quiver). I would also say it seems to be more eager.
    Great to hear. Please post any TSB details you can about the Cue patch and idle.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

I had a check engine light that flashed , it was a misfire on number 3 cylindre. THe light came off, after one minute. So they applied the upgrade for ECM and fuel pump. I didn't notice a big difference for the rough idle.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I had the update here in CT a month back. But at that time the rough idle wasn't bad. Back when I first got it would want to stall at a stop. Mystery oil seemed to help it some. After service ,oil change,and update I only get a tremble once in awhile. Car is smooth now at 11,000 miles. And after the update I swear the car pulled a lot harder as well.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jason75070 View Post

Mine was done yesterday and I have the same results as you. VERY subtle vibration once in a while. 100X better than it was.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Mine was done yesterday and I have the same results as you. VERY subtle vibration once in a while. 100X better than it was.
    Hello carpenter,

I am very glad to hear that you had this updated performed as well and I see that your vehicle is performing better as well. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me via private message if you have any future concerns with your vehicle. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    I had the update here in CT a month back. But at that time the rough idle wasn't bad. Back when I first got it would want to stall at a stop. Mystery oil seemed to help it some. After service ,oil change,and update I only get a tremble once in awhile. Car is smooth now at 11,000 miles. And after the update I swear the car pulled a lot harder as well.
    Hello duneless,

Thanks for taking the time to update this thread! I am glad to hear that your car is smooth now at 11,000 miles. Do you have any information of what update was performed on your vehicle? Please feel free to reach out to me via private message if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I don't know the update they provided. They just said software was updated. And the car felt different as soon as I got it on the road. My front vents weren't working and they did an update with that and all was well. I am very happy with Scranton Motors in Vernon CT. My parents have bought more than 6 cars from them when I was growing up. Dealer is still running strong. I love the wash and vacuum when they return my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello carpenter,

I am very glad to hear that you had this updated performed as well and I see that your vehicle is performing better as well. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me via private message if you have any future concerns with your vehicle. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello duneless,

Thanks for taking the time to update this thread! I am glad to hear that your car is smooth now at 11,000 miles. Do you have any information of what update was performed on your vehicle? Please feel free to reach out to me via private message if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    I don't know the update they provided. They just said software was updated. And the car felt different as soon as I got it on the road. My front vents weren't working and they did an update with that and all was well. I am very happy with Scranton Motors in Vernon CT. My parents have bought more than 6 cars from them when I was growing up. Dealer is still running strong. I love the wash and vacuum when they return my car.
    Hello duneless,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am very glad to hear that you have had a very good experience with your dealership and with your vehicle after the updates. I will be sure to be on the lookout for any future updates or messages from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Zander123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 3.6

Took my 2013 3.6 Performance ATS into my dealer in California yesterday to get the rough idle fixed like a lot of people on this thread and they told my that there is no fix for this, and the ATS 3.6's "just do that". No no no a $40+ thousand dollar car should be able to idle correctly. I see a lot of people are getting this same issue fixed at other dealerships. I even printed out and brought Bulletin No: PI-1092 that Joewins posted a couple of weeks ago and my dealer said that was for the 2.5 liter only.

So my question is does anybody who has had this same rough idle issue solved have any Bulletin No or more specific information that I can bring to my dealer so I can get this fixed? And is Bulletin No: PI-1092 from January 6th 2014 really only for the 4 cylinder or is my dealership mistaken? Thanks for any help!

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Zander123 View Post
    Took my 2013 3.6 Performance ATS into my dealer in California yesterday to get the rough idle fixed like a lot of people on this thread and they told my that there is no fix for this, and the ATS 3.6's "just do that". No no no a $40+ thousand dollar car should be able to idle correctly. I see a lot of people are getting this same issue fixed at other dealerships. I even printed out and brought Bulletin No: PI-1092 that Joewins posted a couple of weeks ago and my dealer said that was for the 2.5 liter only.

So my question is does anybody who has had this same rough idle issue solved have any Bulletin No or more specific information that I can bring to my dealer so I can get this fixed? And is Bulletin No: PI-1092 from January 6th 2014 really only for the 4 cylinder or is my dealership mistaken? Thanks for any help!
    Z exact same thing happened to me yesterday and I was told the same thing by the dealer and I'm on the opposite coast. How frustrating.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

as i said i have had something done due to misfire , that was suppose to fix also the shake, but not a great improvement, almost nothing. Sometimes it shakes sometime no. I don't have any number to provide

I don't know what was done to mine. But they said some updates were done and no more shaking. What are the miles on some of your cars here? This happened after around 9,000 miles that it stopped for my car. And I don't think it just happened to stop after an oil change by chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebounet View Post
    as i said i have had something done due to misfire , that was suppose to fix also the shake, but not a great improvement, almost nothing. Sometimes it shakes sometime no. I don't have any number to provide

Savoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I just had my2014 3.6 in for service a few days ago and was told the same thing. No updates available and the ones that are were for 2013's. I explained how sometimes the car idles so smooth toy can't even tell it's running and others it's rough and seems as if it wants to stall but doesn't. Odd.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.