Climate Controls are terrible - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Climate Controls are terrible in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Mrfoxxy Have you tried adjusting temperature when it's really cold out with gloves on? Doesn't work. . ...
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012

Re: Climate Controls are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfoxxy View Post
    Have you tried adjusting temperature when it's really cold out with gloves on? Doesn't work. . Ditto with the radio
    Bring back the buttons and toggles
    I just take my gloves off and warm my hands on the steering wheel. Wearing gloves makes most things hard to include knobs and buttons. They do make gloves that are designed to work with a touch screen and you can keep them on when you use your touch screen phone. Problem solved.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by render1
    Anyone dissatisfied with the climate controls? Here's my scenario. Turn off auto. Turn off A/C. Set to bi-level. Set temp to 75. Air from vents if hot....hot....hot. Turn temp down to 74. Air from vents is cold....cold....cold. Can't seem to find a happy medium. Cant use touch screen to change settings with gloves on. Had an 09 CTS and controls on that car were excellent. Expected the same quality on the ATS. Combine this with the CUE's inadequacies, t's bad enough to dissuade me from purchasing another ATS.
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one having this problem! I posted several weeks ago with the same issue....for the first 6 months it seemed to work great, then suddenly one day my screen went black and the radio went dead.....eventually came back on but then I noticed the same thing, instead if gradually changing temp it would be hot and I lowered the temp 1 degree and it would blow cold, not the gradual change I was experiencing. And then I noticed one day that even when supposedly synched, I'd have cool air blowing out of one side and hot out of the other! I haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet but next time I'm there I will.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by render1 View Post
    Driving gloves are fine in California. Here in Denver it was well below zero last night. Regular gloves are a necessity at least until the car warms up. Until then you can't change anything without removing the gloves.

----------

Actually you can change things with gloves on! Get yourself an iPhone/iPad rubber tipped pointers. They work and they don't leave marks. Also there has been an HVAC tech bulletin that my help you with temps control problem.

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Actually you can change things with gloves on! Get yourself an iPhone/iPad rubber tipped pointers. They work and they don't leave marks. Also there has been an HVAC tech bulletin that my help you with temps control problem.
    Fly I used your tip and I like it. Thanks

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I use mine on auto and have zero problems. Best HVAC I've used in any car. Not sure what is going on with yours

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I rarely use mine manually, it's set to auto. Heat is usually too hot. I either turn it off or crack a window; the temps here are averaging under 40 now.

I have the cold weather package and its a friggen joke. Already complained to my dealer about it taking forever to heat up and it doesn't even get much past warm on "high" setting. Dealer said they couldn't reproduce the problem and said that it's different than my g8 b/c the caddy has a climate circuit. Sounds like bull to me. When 'high' doesn't get hot, something's up. It takes 10m for me to start to feel heat from my seats on high. My work commute is 15m. Very useful!

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    I rarely use mine manually, it's set to auto. Heat is usually too hot. I either turn it off or crack a window; the temps here are averaging under 40 now.

I have the cold weather package and its a friggen joke. Already complained to my dealer about it taking forever to heat up and it doesn't even get much past warm on "high" setting. Dealer said they couldn't reproduce the problem and said that it's different than my g8 b/c the caddy has a climate circuit. Sounds like bull to me. When 'high' doesn't get hot, something's up. It takes 10m for me to start to feel heat from my seats on high. My work commute is 15m. Very useful!

db, Same for me, long time for seats to heat and they never get warmer on high than the lowest setting temp on my other GM car. I have a similar commute and they are just warming up when I arrive. The heated seat option with remote start has no impact either so setting that to on is of no value. Now the steering wheel heater is the real deal.

khs604 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.5 Luxury

I have the same temperature problem with mine, Temperature fluctutes a lot with no changes to the controls, make a 1 degree change and it varies 4-6 degrees, different temperature air blowing from driver/passenger side with system sync'd. I brought it to the dealer. Unless there is a fault code they cant do anything for you. They called the tech reps and basically the answer you get is run it in "auto mode". It should work better. So if they somehow fix yours please post the solution.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I still get different temperature air from each side even when on auto. I don't, however, have any complaints about warming up.....seems to warm quickly and get plenty hot to me....as far as the seats, I agree, not bad, but not great. The seats in my explorer get much warmer although the truck itself takes like a half hour to warm up! The heated steering wheel is fantastic though.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post

Hello db_outlaw,

I am sorry to hear that the dealership wasn’t able to reproduce the concern you were experiencing with your climate control. I will be sure to document you concern with the vehicle not heating up fast enough and pass it along to the correct group within our organization. If you would like any assistance setting up an appointment for a second opinion from another dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in that regard. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

I have had this problem as well, despite the temperate setting or outside temp sometimes it blows cold no matter what. If I turn off/on enginer then it comes out hot as it should. Yesterday, I had the Drive Side comoing out COLD and the Passenger side coming out Hot. -15F outside and I froze all the way to work in a $50K car, I turned off all driver side vents ande pointed the passenger sides to me. Have not yet taken it to dealer, as I've taken it in before and I get the usual software upgrade response. - PLUS THAT ANNOYING TICK remains, Seriously? GM can't manuf HVAC without the ticking?

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    I have had this problem as well, despite the temperate setting or outside temp sometimes it blows cold no matter what. If I turn off/on enginer then it comes out hot as it should. Yesterday, I had the Drive Side comoing out COLD and the Passenger side coming out Hot. -15F outside and I froze all the way to work in a $50K car, I turned off all driver side vents ande pointed the passenger sides to me. Have not yet taken it to dealer, as I've taken it in before and I get the usual software upgrade response. - PLUS THAT ANNOYING TICK remains, Seriously? GM can't manuf HVAC without the ticking?
    Hav dealer check for HVAC update...worked for me.

Vernon Cooke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I just received all software upgrades last week and was told the upgrade improved HVAC regulation. HVAC still cannot hold a constant heating temperature & requires manual fiddling with settings to maintain +/- 2 degrees in the cabin. I almost think it's worse after the upgrade.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    Hello katz,

I apologize that you experienced this with your HVAC system in the cold weather. Have you had a chance to take your vehicle into the dealership for this concern yet?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.