I'm really starting to regret my ATS....
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, I'm really starting to regret my ATS.... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ATS Issues: HD radio switching poor quality, echo's. Voice Prompt length resets to long. Phone calls do not remember last ...
    Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'm really starting to regret my ATS....

ATS Issues:

HD radio switching poor quality, echo's.

Voice Prompt length resets to long.

Phone calls do not remember last volume setting.

Pandora frequently has problem syncing with iPhone app.
    Workarounds:
    - Launch pandora app on phone
    - Click to radio for a moment, then back to pandora

USB ports in center console don't always activate, no power, no data transfer

HUD frequently resets to higher position, not last position used.

Broken Glove Box

Not happy!
    The dealer seems absolutely unconcerned with my problems as does GM itself. I take in the list above this morning with all the problems I am having with the car and he enters them into the computer, but states that unless GM has a fix for these there is nothing they can do. And on top of it, his entire demeanor is purely unapologetic. He even states that GM may not listen or care as they receive all the problems that are reported and are well aware of any and all issues. He also replied that it may not be financially feasible for GM to address the issues, and stated that he hears these same complaints nearly every day.

Then to ad insult to my growing frustration he tells me that he will need my car for several days, even though he just said there is probably no fix, and yet despite requesting a loaner when I made the appointment, there were no loaners available. At this point, my day is going down hill really fast.

But... He would get me a Hertz rental, and they even have a desk in the dealership. Ok, looking up right? No. Guess what, it took 10 minutes to get the Hertz girl to the desk to help me even after the cashier paged her several times. Then once she came, she had no car to give me, and had to have one delivered. Well that took nearly another hour... I also ended up missing a mtg at work because of this... Not cool at all.

This is NOT the way I've ever been treated by a luxury car brand. I felt like I was in some used economy car dealer herded like cattle, and not at a Cadillac dealership.

This just seems like typical Detroit/American cars all over again. I was dying to have this car, but 9 months in, I'm starting to regret it more with each passing day.

And before the "Its a first year model" comments start, let me say that I can understand that. But the car has been out for over ONE year now! And still NO fixes for basic computer coding issues like memory settings which have been reported by many customers. I have NEVER had a car not remember simple stuff, like radio presets, preferences, and other options. NEVER.

I bought a first year E46 (1999), and the only significant problem was a pesky airbag sensor that took 5-6 visits to diagnose and fix, but it WAS fixed. I also bought a first year E90 2006, and it had NO first year problems. I don't mind if problems come up, just have the parts handy to fix them, and I'm happy.

I could care less about the glove box, it broke, it will be fixed. But I can't say the same for all the other stuff thats wrong with my car. And those things take away so much from the driving pleasure. Twice in this past week, while on my way home, I had to pull over and park, and spend over 5 minutes each time messing with the car just to get Pandora to work. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not, and for no apparent reason. And the work arounds dont always work ether. Crazy.

What I'm unhappy about is the lack of any concern or follow through from GM on this. At this point, I just feel like riding this car out as long as I have to financially until I can get rid of it, then get back to a 335/435.

I'm very unhappy with GM and Cadillac on this.

Thanks for taking a look, now back to your regularly scheduled browsing.
    trimtab81 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: I'm really starting to regret my ATS....

first year or not, the problems ur having is definitely excessive in my opinion. and the dealer is being a POS for treating a cadillac owner like that. fk them. new dealer would be a better choice. as far as your pandora issue goes, its not cuz of the car. i had the EXACT same issue ur talking about with my last 2 phones. after upgrading to my current phone, that problem is completely gone. pandora works every single time.

but yes, even for first year problems these are too many and should be addressed with moer care than what that guy showed lol. i think you should give another dealer a chance before completely hating the ATS. i mean its an awesome car aside from those issues ur having, which i think is more of a dealer fault than the car, because if the dealer addresses them properly, i think ull be happy.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Find another dealer. Yours is VERY substandard. And that dealer could be the cause of Cadillac's lack of interest. The dealer is GM's eyes and ears. If the dealer is talking smack about you behind your back that could be why GM isn't acting.

I talked to the guy this afternoon, and only told me was he would check to see if there are any service bulletins that match the issues I described, if there are not, he doesn't seem to have any motivation to pursue it further and all. This is very disheartening.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    I talked to the guy this afternoon, and only told me was he would check to see if there are any service bulletins that match the issues I described, if there are not, he doesn't seem to have any motivation to pursue it further and all. This is very disheartening.

Fraggy, I share some of the issues you are having and your frustration. My dealer does seem to care but without a GM fix there is not much they can do. I too have no issue with a first year car having issues but my past experience with other car makers is they seem to be far more aggressive in finding resolutions. This is an area I find very disappointing.

Donavo, what phone do you have? I had the issue with my 4s and now my 5s and iOS 6 and 7.

Neuroleptic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo manual

I agree with Donavo; get another dealer. I recently moved and found the dealer closest to me now completely disappointing compared to the one I bought the car from. I called the new dealer the other day, and my phone call was greeted with an "EH?" and the guy made it seem like I was bothering him by asking some questions about wheel locks. Maybe it's because this dealer shares space with Chevy too. Is there another dealer in your area?

CaddySTS07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I had an issue with a cadillac dealer in the Philly area, rather than dealing with them I went directly to a Chevy dealership, which immediately addressed my issues and even fixed my car for way cheaper. I wouldn't knock Chevy, they have better service than cadillac

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Donavo, what phone do you have? I had the issue with my 4s and now my 5s and iOS 6 and 7.
    The phones that failed with Pandora from time to time were nexus 4, oppo finder. The phone I have now that works just fine with Pandora is note 3. I even tried to make it not work by restarting the phone so that there is no Pandora at all in the memory and even with that, starting Pandora from the car easily worked. Also the other phones didn't send music titles and stuff when regular bt streaming was on. Note 3 does. I think it's because of the upgraded bt hardware? Idk

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    The nexus 4/5 send Bluetooth artist/info now. It had to do with stock Android not supporting AVRCP 1.3 (I believe that's the #). It is now included in current versions I believe since Android 4.3.
    I will also say I've been through a lot of phones with CUE (3 myself) and the newest version of Android with the new Bluetooth stack work very well, haven't had the issues I used to have for quite a while now.

----------

HUD frequently resets to higher position, not last position used.
    This drives me nuts too!.. I've never filed a complaint though, just readjust it when it happens.. I'm glad (sorry) that it's not just me.

jemcs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Same issues with pandora on iPhone4 and 5. I also had problem with broken glovebox and had to wait a couple if days to get one in. My dealer seams to work with me on what they can but some of the issues seem to be out of their control. They don't seem to have the same passion to fix it as much as they did to sell it. It's more of an over promise and under deliver situation with Cadillac it self

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Man, this sucks to hear, brings back memories......all i can say is Dealer, Dealer, Dealer.....makes all the difference in the world.....nice, profitable and cool dealers have great relationships with their reps and a good flow of communication with GM.......they don't mind you being a fly in their ointment, and in turn become a fly in GM's ointment on your behalf......mine even became my counselor.......when i said i'm starting to feel bad and guilty complaining all the time..... my service adviser told me not to worry about it and i shouldn't feel bad....the only thing that i was guilty of is buying a nice car and it sucks this is happening to you....she even said to me she was more persistent than i was when she had a rattle in her new trucks door and understands completely......when my turbo failed she was eager to see the video i took, and even called a couple technicians and service mgr up to the showroom so they could have a look at the video......right after i got my car, i knew i needed to replace my wives Malibu, but i wanted 6 months to a year offset between leases so we weren't buying cars two at a time from then on, and decided to treat my wife to some dressing up of her car, she needed tires, so i got her sweet new wheels and tires, i tinted her windows had her car detailed, and her headlights were yellowing a little so i took it to a local performance shop for HID/projector headlight upgrade and plasti dip her grill.....well the performance shop gave the car back with a non operable sunroof, XM, and dash lights, and the dome headlight sensor on the dash was pushed in.......i took my car to my dealer and my service advisor, and her service mgr call the performance shop, and got them to pay for the repairs......so i tell ya it's all about the dealer, todays cars are mostly all really good in one way or another, its the dealer that makes the difference, so much so that when i got a mail offer for an SRX lease from them my wife and i looked at each other and said why not, found the one she liked online that night and i took it to her sight unseen the next day, she never drove it i just bought it......its the dealer
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic
    I agree with Donavo; get another dealer. I recently moved and found the dealer closest to me now completely disappointing compared to the one I bought the car from. I called the new dealer the other day, and my phone call was greeted with an "EH?" and the guy made it seem like I was bothering him by asking some questions about wheel locks. Maybe it's because this dealer shares space with Chevy too. Is there another dealer in your area?
    That's about how I felt today...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by donavo
    The phones that failed with Pandora from time to time were nexus 4, oppo finder. The phone I have now that works just fine with Pandora is note 3. I even tried to make it not work by restarting the phone so that there is no Pandora at all in the memory and even with that, starting Pandora from the car easily worked. Also the other phones didn't send music titles and stuff when regular bt streaming was on. Note 3 does. I think it's because of the upgraded bt hardware? Idk
    BT is about the only way I can consistently play pandora, but the sound quality is not as good, and when it's not plugged in, I don't get to hear phone sounds like incoming txts, reminders, and emails. Ugh!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91
    The nexus 4/5 send Bluetooth artist/info now. It had to do with stock Android not supporting AVRCP 1.3 (I believe that's the #). It is now included in current versions I believe since Android 4.3. I will also say I've been through a lot of phones with CUE (3 myself) and the newest version of Android with the new Bluetooth stack work very well, haven't had the issues I used to have for quite a while now. ---------- This drives me nuts too!.. I've never filed a complaint though, just readjust it when it happens.. I'm glad (sorry) that it's not just me.
    Lol, not just you. I've not complained either, but after nearly 20,000 miles, enough's enough. It's the smallest of my worries.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jemcs
    They don't seem to have the same passion to fix it as much as they did to sell it. It's more of an over promise and under deliver situation with Cadillac it self
    That's what I'm starting to feel.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    Man, this sucks to hear, brings back memories......all i can say is Dealer, Dealer, Dealer.....makes all the difference in the world.....nice, profitable and cool dealers have great relationships with their reps and a good flow of communication with GM.......they don't mind you being a fly in their ointment, and in turn become a fly in GM's ointment on your behalf......mine even became my counselor.......when i said i'm starting to feel bad and guilty complaining all the time..... my service adviser told me not to worry about it and i shouldn't feel bad....the only thing that i was guilty of is buying a nice car and it sucks this is happening to you....she even said to me she was more persistent than i was when she had a rattle in her new trucks door and understands completely......when my turbo failed she was eager to see the video i took, and even called a couple technicians and service mgr up to the showroom so they could have a look at the video......right after i got my car, i knew i needed to replace my wives Malibu, but i wanted 6 months to a year offset between leases so we weren't buying cars two at a time from then on, and decided to treat my wife to some dressing up of her car, she needed tires, so i got her sweet new wheels and tires, i tinted her windows had her car detailed, and her headlights were yellowing a little so i took it to a local performance shop for HID/projector headlight upgrade and plasti dip her grill.....well the performance shop gave the car back with a non operable sunroof, XM, and dash lights, and the dome headlight sensor on the dash was pushed in.......i took my car to my dealer and my service advisor, and her service mgr call the performance shop, and got them to pay for the repairs......so i tell ya it's all about the dealer, todays cars are mostly all really good in one way or another, its the dealer that makes the difference, so much so that when i got a mail offer for an SRX lease from them my wife and i looked at each other and said why not, found the one she liked online that night and i took it to her sight unseen the next day, she never drove it i just bought it......its the dealer
    I'll be heading to the dealer I bought it from next time. They are just waaaay out of the way.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

by the sound the last line it sounds like your dealer is my dealer...... to which I say amber is her name, sometimes it takes a bit to see her, because with service like hers she's popular, hutch and Todd too, just stay on that side of service, good folks
    Pie R Squared likes this.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I'll be heading to the dealer I bought it from next time. They are just waaaay out of the way.

Fraggy, if you shopped around for the ATS there is a reason you purchased from that dealer and more often than not it was because you felt comfortable with them along with the price. That said, it is usually the sign of a well run dealer that gets customers and repeat business which carries over into their service department. I leave the Oil changes and tire rotations to my nearby dealer and the difficult stuff goes to where I purchased the car. Look at the bright side you get to drive the ATS there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.