I'm really starting to regret my ATS.... - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, I'm really starting to regret my ATS.... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Fraggy- I'll let you know how the meeting with the Lemon Lawyer goes if your interested, it should be sometime ...
    Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Re: I'm really starting to regret my ATS....

Fraggy-
    I'll let you know how the meeting with the Lemon Lawyer goes if your interested, it should be sometime next week!

Hanks13ats is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sorry to hear about your problems both with your car and your dealer Fraggy. I am happy to say that we have had zero problems with our 2013 AWD Performance ATS. There has been one reprogramming issue that we were contacted about and our Cadillac dealer comes to pick up our car leaves us another ATS to drive and then returns our car once the service was complete. They do the same with oil changes. We couldn't ask for anything better.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanks13ats
    Sorry to hear about your problems both with your car and your dealer Fraggy. I am happy to say that we have had zero problems with our 2013 AWD Performance ATS. There has been one reprogramming issue that we were contacted about and our Cadillac dealer comes to pick up our car leaves us another ATS to drive and then returns our car once the service was complete. They do the same with oil changes. We couldn't ask for anything better.
    Wow, that's awesome, and 10x more than I'd expect. Enjoy!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619
    Fraggy- I'll let you know how the meeting with the Lemon Lawyer goes if your interested, it should be sometime next week!
    I don't suspect mine lemonable, but who knows. Please do keep me posted.

USNdfw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I want to thank you for this post. I haven't logged in here in quite a while and I received an email with this topic as one of the latest posts. I had a CTS-V years ago and an STS-V that I sold only a year ago. When I sold it, I swore off Cadillac products. Not because it broke down...it was reliable (for the most part)...but because it just wasn't up to the build quality and integration of my previous BMWs. Supposedly GM had spent a ton of engineering that STS platform, but it without a doubt down the chain from what BMW brings out. It was just not quality. I thank you because I was tempted by the new CTS Vsport. Looks great, performs great, "drives better than a beemer", etc. But I was reminded of how when I took the Caddy in to the dealer to let them know of a few issues, like the center console squeaked when you put your arm on it, they just said that is normal. BMW dealers would never say that. They would at least try to remedy the problem. I took for granted how well the BMW dealers treated me. And I was reminded of how the thing sort of felt cheap. And how and why I swore off Caddy's maybe forever. Hey, that CTS might be the Shizzle, but your post reminded of how I felt as a Caddy owner and I want no part of that again! Thanks and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by USNdfw
    I want to thank you for this post. I haven't logged in here in quite a while and I received an email with this topic as one of the latest posts. I had a CTS-V years ago and an STS-V that I sold only a year ago. When I sold it, I swore off Cadillac products. Not because it broke down...it was reliable (for the most part)...but because it just wasn't up to the build quality and integration of my previous BMWs. Supposedly GM had spent a ton of engineering that STS platform, but it without a doubt down the chain from what BMW brings out. It was just not quality. I thank you because I was tempted by the new CTS Vsport. Looks great, performs great, "drives better than a beemer", etc. But I was reminded of how when I took the Caddy in to the dealer to let them know of a few issues, like the center console squeaked when you put your arm on it, they just said that is normal. BMW dealers would never say that. They would at least try to remedy the problem. I took for granted how well the BMW dealers treated me. And I was reminded of how the thing sort of felt cheap. And how and why I swore off Caddy's maybe forever. Hey, that CTS might be the Shizzle, but your post reminded of how I felt as a Caddy owner and I want no part of that again! Thanks and good luck.
    Glad to know I'm not "crazy". I've been driving BMWs exclusively since 1994, and I guess I took the build quality and support system for granted.

I have to say the cars interior build quality is top notch, on par with anyone as is the suspension and steering. But the drivetrain is years behind.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Glad to know I'm not "crazy". I've been driving BMWs exclusively since 1994, and I guess I took the build quality and support system for granted.

I have to say the cars interior build quality is top notch, on par with anyone as is the suspension and steering. But the drivetrain is years behind.
    Fraggy, most of your issues sound like they might be or could be fixed with a future software update. I hope so. How did you break your glove box? (My only complaint about the glove box is there is a CD player in there I wish I could take out! Ha!)

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    Fraggy, most of your issues sound like they might be or could be fixed with a future software update. I hope so. How did you break your glove box? (My only complaint about the glove box is there is a CD player in there I wish I could take out! Ha!)
    Max CD player slides out with the removal of 1 screw. But....when I did it CUE screen powered but no content. I'm sure there is a cover/cap for the wiring harness because there are ATS w/o CD player.

Quote Originally Posted by USNdfw

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot
    Fraggy, most of your issues sound like they might be or could be fixed with a future software update. I hope so.
    That's what I've been hoping for a long time, hence my frustration. They released the ATS like 15 months ago and still no help.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

That's what I've been hoping for a long time, hence my frustration. They released the ATS like 15 months ago and still no help.
    Ok... how did you break your glove box?

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post

He doesn't like to talk about it. But from what I picked up so far, things were getting steamy in the back seat and he violently reached for the condoms in the glove box.
    Rozay619 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot
    Sadly, I don't know... I just went to open it one day and handle didn't unlatch it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by donavo
    He doesn't like to talk about it. But from what I picked up so far, things were getting steamy in the back seat and he violently reached for the condoms in the glove box.
    Actually… This version sounds a lot better than mine, I'm going with this one!!!

Jerzeyboy730 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Some cars are gonna have problems, sounds more like a dealership issue. And as for other cars, they have problems as well, I had a lemon and a half, (Audi s4) took car back, and beloved BMW you speak so highly of was compensated nicely, but still didn't make up for time and frustration. Understand your frustration. Cadillac/GM will make sure your happy. I don't see a lemon case for a glove box latch which I don't understand how it broke as was never explained, just to be honest, posting how your upside down in your finance, then screaming lemon in a blog will never help from a legal standpoint.

JSATS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I owned a couple Audi A4's and would never say that my Caddy felt cheap compared to them. A good friend of mine owned back to back BMW's from 04 to 06 and hated them. He was a CEO and chose the BMW's as his company cars but had nothing but problems one after another. He then went to Audi because he liked my car and swore it was a far better car than either of his Beamers. I personally think the issues he had with the Beamers were not the norm but it still didn't change his opinion of them. The bottom line is you can have problems with any of these cars and a good or bad dealer can be the difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzeyboy730
    Some cars are gonna have problems, sounds more like a dealership issue. And as for other cars, they have problems as well, I had a lemon and a half, (Audi s4) took car back, and beloved BMW you speak so highly of was compensated nicely, but still didn't make up for time and frustration. Understand your frustration. Cadillac/GM will make sure your happy. I don't see a lemon case for a glove box latch which I don't understand how it broke as was never explained, just to be honest, posting how your upside down in your finance, then screaming lemon in a blog will never help from a legal standpoint.
    Hello Sir, I take it from your response that diligence escaped you when reading my posts and you instead chose indolence prior to posting.

JSATS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Hello Sir, I take it from your response that diligence escaped you when reading my posts and you instead chose indolence prior to posting.
    I see you must have taken a few long breaths and counted to ten a couple times after your first response Fraggy. Or maybe you watched the movie Anger Management right after you posted? LOL!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.