I'm really starting to regret my ATS.... - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, I'm really starting to regret my ATS.... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by GJB Fraggy, if you shopped around for the ATS there is a reason you purchased from that ...
    Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB
    Fraggy, if you shopped around for the ATS there is a reason you purchased from that dealer and more often than not it was because you felt comfortable with them along with the price. That said, it is usually the sign of a well run dealer that gets customers and repeat business which carries over into their service department. I leave the Oil changes and tire rotations to my nearby dealer and the difficult stuff goes to where I purchased the car. Look at the bright side you get to drive the ATS there.
    You are wise beyond your years. You are correct, at purchase time this dealer was atrocious. The dealer where I did purchase was fantastic. I called one day, and drove away the next with no hassles at all. Like I said they are a bit out of the way but it may be well worth it.
    GJB likes this.

Ugh! It just gets worse and worse. The glove box is fixed, but.... Now there is a huge friggin rattle from the area. I'm livid. I had a near perfectly quiet car until now. Now it sounds like crap. Every little bump or lane marker causes the rattle. I'm so over all of this. How does GM allow this???

So where is the gang? I've always wanted my own "I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your ATS" post, lol. F-it, I'm not really laughing at all.

It's gonna be a long time before I can afford to get out of this car. KBB says it's only worth low $30's. I must owe well over $40k. Ugh.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Ugh! It just gets worse and worse. The glove box is fixed, but.... Now there is a huge friggin rattle from the area. I'm livid. I had a near perfectly quiet car until now. Now it sounds like crap. Every little bump or lane marker causes the rattle. I'm so over all of this. How does GM allow this???

So where is the gang? I've always wanted my own "I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your ATS" post, lol. F-it, I'm not really laughing at all.

It's gonna be a long time before I can afford to get out of this car. KBB says it's only worth low $30's. I must owe well over $40k. Ugh.
    Dam rattles are annoying. .. If I were you I would do my best to find it and fix it. I had a rattle like that and fixed it. It was under the front passenger seat. I really hope the car gets better man.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: I'm really starting to regret my ATS....

If the rattle is evident, the dealer should not have returned the car that way. If it's not evident but they didn't fix it immediately and first try when you reported it they are NOT a good place to take your car. If either is the case, take it to a better dealer. If there isn't a good way to tell if another dealer is better, pick another at random. The one you used is not competent if they create new problems when they fix old ones.

GM "lets it happen", the same way laws against theft, murder, "fill in the blanks" don't stop those from ever happening. If anyone relies on "the system" as their only protection they will be victims at some point. Sometimes people have to protect themselves; in cases like this that means don't keep walking down that dark alley with hundred dollar bills hanging out your pocket, I mean don't keep going back to dealers that do you wrong.

I think GM could do a LOT better job fixing or eliminating bad dealers based on nothing else than some other brands do a better job. Until that happens, starve the bad dealers by going somewhere else.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Fraggy, Have you considered trying a Buick or Chevy dealer near by since a better Caddi dealer is so far away? It may be worth it, a good dealer is a good dealer regardless of the GM badge. I take my trollblazer (Saab 97 X) to a Chevy dealer and they did not blink and their work is great.

Thanks guys, I will never be going back to that dealer, I appreciate the feedback! And yes, I will "starve" the bad dealer. I can't wait to get my survey so that I can really share my experience.

One of these days, Katie, Laura, or Greg, hopefully will appear and pass my experience directly to Cadillac.

GLB, i'm a bit confused, do you mean I can take my car to a Chevy dealer and they will work on my car? Even though it's not their brand? Sadly, the dealer I used is also a Buick dealer.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Sounds like a crappy situation Fraggy. I hope they can make you happy and not leave you feeling like you do right now. The dealer is the best friend you have right now and unfortunately he can also be your biggest enemy. Too bad you owe so much still on your car because that will keep you in it longer than you want. I can't understand why you owe so much on it still after a year of ownership.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Fraggy, all I can say is find the manager ask them and tell them why. Getting your business and potential future sales (e.g. Stingray) is worth their effort . The mechanics are GM trained so I do not see why not. My Caddie Dealer works on anything GM and they have it posted in the service department. Remember good dealers have happy mechanics and if you look at the components like engine they are pretty common amongst the different GM platforms.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

ATS Issues:

HD radio switching poor quality, echo's.

Voice Prompt length resets to long.

Phone calls do not remember last volume setting.

Pandora frequently has problem syncing with iPhone app.
    Workarounds:
    - Launch pandora app on phone
    - Click to radio for a moment, then back to pandora

USB ports in center console don't always activate, no power, no data transfer

HUD frequently resets to higher position, not last position used.

Broken Glove Box

Not happy!
    The dealer seems absolutely unconcerned with my problems as does GM itself. I take in the list above this morning with all the problems I am having with the car and he enters them into the computer, but states that unless GM has a fix for these there is nothing they can do. And on top of it, his entire demeanor is purely unapologetic. He even states that GM may not listen or care as they receive all the problems that are reported and are well aware of any and all issues. He also replied that it may not be financially feasible for GM to address the issues, and stated that he hears these same complaints nearly every day.

Then to ad insult to my growing frustration he tells me that he will need my car for several days, even though he just said there is probably no fix, and yet despite requesting a loaner when I made the appointment, there were no loaners available. At this point, my day is going down hill really fast.

But... He would get me a Hertz rental, and they even have a desk in the dealership. Ok, looking up right? No. Guess what, it took 10 minutes to get the Hertz girl to the desk to help me even after the cashier paged her several times. Then once she came, she had no car to give me, and had to have one delivered. Well that took nearly another hour... I also ended up missing a mtg at work because of this... Not cool at all.

This is NOT the way I've ever been treated by a luxury car brand. I felt like I was in some used economy car dealer herded like cattle, and not at a Cadillac dealership.

This just seems like typical Detroit/American cars all over again. I was dying to have this car, but 9 months in, I'm starting to regret it more with each passing day.

And before the "Its a first year model" comments start, let me say that I can understand that. But the car has been out for over ONE year now! And still NO fixes for basic computer coding issues like memory settings which have been reported by many customers. I have NEVER had a car not remember simple stuff, like radio presets, preferences, and other options. NEVER.

I bought a first year E46 (1999), and the only significant problem was a pesky airbag sensor that took 5-6 visits to diagnose and fix, but it WAS fixed. I also bought a first year E90 2006, and it had NO first year problems. I don't mind if problems come up, just have the parts handy to fix them, and I'm happy.

I could care less about the glove box, it broke, it will be fixed. But I can't say the same for all the other stuff thats wrong with my car. And those things take away so much from the driving pleasure. Twice in this past week, while on my way home, I had to pull over and park, and spend over 5 minutes each time messing with the car just to get Pandora to work. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not, and for no apparent reason. And the work arounds dont always work ether. Crazy.

What I'm unhappy about is the lack of any concern or follow through from GM on this. At this point, I just feel like riding this car out as long as I have to financially until I can get rid of it, then get back to a 335/435.

I'm very unhappy with GM and Cadillac on this.

Thanks for taking a look, now back to your regularly scheduled browsing.
    Hello Fraggy,

I definitely apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your ATS and for your experience at the dealership. I would be more than happy to document your concerns and forward them to the correct group to make them aware of the concerns you are experiencing. I can contact the dealership closest to you and explain the situation to them regarding that you are not having a good experience at the Cadillac dealership you are working with and it is very inconvenient for you to drive to them to see if they would be capable to work on your vehicle. Please feel free to private message me if you would like me to look further into your concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you Greg, but I think I'm okay for now.

I found the source of the rattle, it was the end cap On the side of the dash. I guess they needed to take it off and when it was replaced, it doesn't fit very well and can rattle over bumps. I shoved a piece of something between the gap and now it doesn't rattle. It's pretty lame that they didn't take the time to make it fit correctly, but at least it was something relatively easy to fix.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Unfortunately, dealers run the gamut. I changed from the one I bought my car at to another one. Night and day better.

Good luck, Fraggy. I'm sure they'll do right by you.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

LEGACY_GN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National

My ctsv and stsv were both junk as we're my friends. I thought it was just accepted. My escalade not one problem though. Of course it's a Chevy suburban, lol. Cadillac builds awesome unreliable cars. Just how it goes. I've accepted that.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thank you Greg, but I think I'm okay for now.

I found the source of the rattle, it was the end cap On the side of the dash. I guess they needed to take it off and when it was replaced, it doesn't fit very well and can rattle over bumps. I shoved a piece of something between the gap and now it doesn't rattle. It's pretty lame that they didn't take the time to make it fit correctly, but at least it was something relatively easy to fix.
    Hello Fraggy,

I am glad that you found the source of the rattle, but I do apologize that they didn’t address this before they returned your vehicle to you. Please don’t hesitate to private message Laura or myself if you experience any further concerns with your vehicle, or if there is anything additional you would like us to look into. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

barlowc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD 6AT

Fraggy, I feel for you and have experienced much of the same with my 2013 ATS Standard RWD 6AT. As others have said, find another dealer. That's what I did and things started improving. In hindsight, my situation was made much worse when the first dealer gave me the run-around, didn't communicate well, and didn't seem to know much about how the vehicle was supposed to behave. Example: I took it in for a scheduled service visit to have some well-documented concerns looked at. After three days they hadn't yet even had a technician look at the vehicle because they were "busy". In the end, my vehicle was there for two weeks, they did nothing, and made me pick it up saying the issues were not reproducible. And they were issues that I drove to the dealer and showed them when they were happening but they couldn't/wouldn't look at them at the time. I visited a different local dealer, explained my issues and how I'd been treated, explained how I expected to be treated, and have received great help and service from them since. My take-away... don't let a single dealer's incompetence and lack of customer service taint your view of Cadillac and your ATS.

There ARE people at GM/Cadillac who care about your problems and want to get them resolved. They DO want you to be satisfied and frankly, they NEED to get all the issues fixed if the model is going to be successful. If you haven't already, call Customer Assistance at 800-222-1020 and get a case opened and a representative assigned to help you. Also reach out to Laura, Greg, and the "Cadillac Cust Svc" team that monitors this forum via a Private Message or e-mail them at socialmedia@gm.com. They've helped me along the way by getting things escalated, inquiring with internal resources, etc. It's important to get the GM/Cadillac folks involved because they know a lot more about the vehicle than any dealer does and they can intervene as necessary.

Let me give you another example: I reported a steering concern four different times to two different dealers. The first dismissed it entirely. The second looked into but couldn't find anything. But I knew something was a bit "off". When the "right" GM/Cadillac folks heard of the issue, they had me take the car to my dealer, came over there to look at it themselves, got a certified steering gear from the manufacturer, and installed it. Problem solved!

Like you, I was dying to have the ATS and chose it over a 3-Series for a number of reason. I then started regretting my decision and even had buy-back / lemon law claim discussions. Fortunately, things have turned around and although I've had the car 6 months, I'm just getting to the point where I'm enjoying it more and more every day. Don't give up; keep fighting.
    GJB and JavaGirl like this.

Medic14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Catera

First let me say that my main car is a 2013 Chevy Volt, and I take it to my local Chevy dealer who takes good care of me. I bought a 2000 Cadillac Catera as a "daily driver" type of vehicle so as not to put so many miles on the Volt. Even though the Catera is 13 years old, it only had 45000 miles, verified by Carfax, when I bought it. The local Cadillac dealer treats me the same as if I owned the newest, most expensive model available when I bring this car in for service. They also have always given me a new loaner car when I've had to leave mine. It's all in the dealers customer philosophy.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.