Trifecta Tune and Warranty?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trifecta Tune and Warranty? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    Johnm05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Trifecta Tune and Warranty?

Hi,

I just got a new 14 ATS 2.0T and couldn’t be any more excited, It is our first Cadillac!!! I am looking to get the trifecta tune. Does anybody have experience with it? And how does it affect the warranty? Will the dealer be able to see it when I take it in for maintenance? And will OnStar diagnostics detect the tune? Or is there any other better tune?
    Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnm05 View Post
    Hi,

I just got a new 14 ATS 2.0T and couldn’t be any more excited, It is our first Cadillac!!! I am looking to get the trifecta tune. Does anybody have experience with it? And how does it affect the warranty? Will the dealer be able to see it when I take it in for maintenance? And will OnStar diagnostics detect the tune? Or is there any other better tune?
    Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

I'm running that tune. I've been to service several times and they never detect it. As far as how effective the tune is, I really can't tell the difference. Right now I'm having them analyze my data logs one more time and make sure I'm getting good gains. Hopefully that goes well. But other than that it's the only tune that you can turn on and off from the cockpit. The only warranty concern you should have is if something breaks, you don't want them to link it to the tune. If nothing breaks, no one will care.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Trifecta Tune and Warranty?

Non-GM tune and warranty will never be uttered in the same breath unless the words "void" or "no" are included. That said, broken parts that can be blamed on the aftermarket tune itself will not be covered under warranty. The amount of headache you'll get when trying to prove/disprove warranty items will be up to the dealer.

My service rep is fairly mod-friendly. I've already had the car in trying to find a vacuum leak as a result of my aftermarket goodies. They didn't hem or haw prior to me taking it in with regards to the aftermarket parts. Unfortunately they couldn't find any leaks but luckily they didn't charge me either.

I recommend you get a feel for how mod-friendly your service shop is and make a decision based on that. Mine service rep was very interested/excited in all flavors of Cadillacs and any mod plans. Hell, she even drives a CTS-V; your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    Non-GM tune and warranty will never be uttered in the same breath unless the words "void" or "no" are included. That said, broken parts that can be blamed on the aftermarket tune itself will not be covered under warranty. The amount of headache you'll get when trying to prove/disprove warranty items will be up to the dealer.

My service rep is fairly mod-friendly. I've already had the car in trying to find a vacuum leak as a result of my aftermarket goodies. They didn't hem or haw prior to me taking it in with regards to the aftermarket parts. Unfortunately they couldn't find any leaks but luckily they didn't charge me either.

I recommend you get a feel for how mod-friendly your service shop is and make a decision based on that. Mine service rep was very interested/excited in all flavors of Cadillacs and any mod plans. Hell, she even drives a CTS-V; your mileage may vary.
    u already had a vacuum leak on ur ATS? what mod was the reason? CAI?

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    I'm running that tune... As far as how effective the tune is, I really can't tell the difference. Right now I'm having them analyze my data logs one more time and make sure I'm getting good gains. Hopefully that goes well.
    what did they do? Some of the dynos posted by other tuners show roughly 20% gains (or more) in HP and TQ at the wheels. That should easily be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    what did they do? Some of the dynos posted by other tuners show roughly 20% gains (or more) in HP and TQ at the wheels. That should easily be felt.
    i think the other guys are mainly automatics and i think the tune program on the automatic is what makes them feel most of that difference. i dont know how legit that 20% is but i dont feel it. the first time i sent them my data logs, they said everything was fine and i was making a really high ammount of HP. call me retarted but if there was no indication that the tune was on, i would have thought it was off. maybe its just me. i hope it is. maybe those other tuners u saw have those gains. i sure dont feel it.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

CA also has crap gas

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    CA also has crap gas
    for that reason, before i sent the latest log, i ran a 60-40 mix of 91 to 100 to get a roughly 94 octane gas. after i get the new tune, i plan to only run half and half whenever i activate the tune. im hoping that gives me a better tune in return

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    for that reason, before i sent the latest log, i ran a 60-40 mix of 91 to 100 to get a roughly 94 octane gas. after i get the new tune, i plan to only run half and half whenever i activate the tune. im hoping that gives me a better tune in return
    If its readily available out there in CA get the E85 conversion from Vtuner. That should give you a boost. Only negative is a loss of mpg. I am seeing around 4 mpg loss around town.

General Lee 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T, MT, RWD, BNR TUNE, WHITE DIAMOND
    I have the trifecta tune in my 2.0T manual. There is a HUGE and very noticeable difference in my car with this tune. I have always hooked up the laptop and flashed back to stock before taking in for any service. No issues there. I actually cant stand driving it to service and back without the tune because it feels so gutless without it.

Johnm05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Thats Awesome. I am going to get it!!! any knowledge of expected power output numbers?

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee 01 View Post
    I have the trifecta tune in my 2.0T manual.
    Do you have BNR or Trifecta or are they one and the same?

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    http://store.badnewsracing.net/Trife...rged_p_60.html

General Lee 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
    BNR sells the Trifecta tune. They are the distributor.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Johnm05
    Thats Awesome. I am going to get it!!! any knowledge of expected power output numbers?
    I am not a dyno kind of guy, but I can tell you the difference is incredible. If 15 hp gain is just noticeable, I would guess 30-45 hp gain in this tune with no other mods depending on the weather of the day. Other people on this forum will argue dyno numbers, but I just go with feel since that other argument will go on forever. Cool days much better than hot days. I also run 93 octane all the time. My car went from impressive acceleration for a 4banger to near-violent acceleration, and people who ride with me can't believe it. I smoked an Audi S4 (4.2L V8) from light to light with this tune.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee 01
    BNR sells the Trifecta tune. They are the distributor. ---------- I am not a dyno kind of guy, but I can tell you the difference is incredible. If 15 hp gain is just noticeable, I would guess 30-45 hp gain in this tune with no other mods depending on the weather of the day. Other people on this forum will argue dyno numbers, but I just go with feel since that other argument will go on forever. Cool days much better than hot days. I also run 93 octane all the time. My car went from impressive acceleration for a 4banger to near-violent acceleration, and people who ride with me can't believe it. I smoked an Audi S4 (4.2L V8) from light to light with this tune.
    4.2l V-8... Not sure why that smiley face popped in there? Weird phone.

How on earth are you people getting these results? I'll just have to race on of you to confirm all this. .. somebody near la please race me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.