Can low tire pressure warning on drivers info screen be disabled?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Can low tire pressure warning on drivers info screen be disabled? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Posted in wrong forum... I had some new snows and rims put on my 2.0 AWD and did not bother ...
    Johnsazzr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.9 awd

Can low tire pressure warning on drivers info screen be disabled?

Posted in wrong forum...

I had some new snows and rims put on my 2.0 AWD and did not bother with pressure monitors for the winter rims. Every time I start the car the main drivers info screen cycles through each tire with a low pressure warning and it won't stop unless I press dismiss for each tire every tome I start the car...can this be re-programmed to ignore the lack of tire pressure monitors?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Anz
    Anz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I also did not put sensors in my winter rims but I am only getting one warning that there is a problem with the TPMS - am able to just do 1 dismiss - sorry.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Re: Can low tire pressure warning on drivers info screen be disabled?

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

I have a feeling since its a required safety feature on all 2008+ vehicles, I doubt its something you're going to be able to do easily and legally. Cadillac's not going to make it a simple button push...

duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I also just dismiss one time. Orange low pressure light stays on though. I put stock back on for winter now. All tires on same corners as before and it remembered the tires. No faults now until aftermarkets go back on. Or I get TPMS's in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anz View Post
    I also did not put sensors in my winter rims but I am only getting one warning that there is a problem with the TPMS - am able to just do 1 dismiss - sorry.

----------

I really don't want a bomb in my trunk but I just might do it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I could get away with making it smaller? Just a little to big where I would put it. Long anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post

----------

I asked my dealer and they said it could be done but they didn't want to do it for safety reasons. They said that I could find someone that knows how to do it. But they didn't want to know anything about it. Another tech I talked to said that he doesn't know how to do it yet. He could do a CTS for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsazzr View Post
    Posted in wrong forum...

I had some new snows and rims put on my 2.0 AWD and did not bother with pressure monitors for the winter rims. Every time I start the car the main drivers info screen cycles through each tire with a low pressure warning and it won't stop unless I press dismiss for each tire every tome I start the car...can this be re-programmed to ignore the lack of tire pressure monitors?

----------

I asked my dealer and they said it could be done but they didn't want to do it for safety reasons. They said that I could find someone that knows how to do it. But they didn't want to know anything about it. Another tech I talked to said that he doesn't know how to do it yet. He could do a CTS for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsazzr View Post
    Posted in wrong forum...

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I really don't want a bomb in my trunk but I just might do it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I could get away with making it smaller? Just a little to big where I would put it. Long anyway.
    I've seen the pressure chambered done about half that size. just take a sensor with you to the hardware store and get a PVC pipe just wide enough to fit.

Johnsazzr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.9 awd

Interestingly, after approx 24 hrs the display stopped the cycle of warning for each tire requiring 4 "dismissals" to just one warning to service the TPMS.....I can live with that!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.