HVAC Issue
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HVAC Issue in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Leased a 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium 1/2013. When using the heat, began getting a creaking sound while system is ...
    Cadillac2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013. ATS 4 Premium 3.6

Question HVAC Issue

Leased a 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium 1/2013. When using the heat, began getting a creaking sound while system is on. Brought to the attention of Cadillac dealer, was told the issue was being worked on. Took the vehicle in for 1st oil change 5/2013, and was told there was a software update they would perform to rectify the issue. No problems during summer and early fall using A/C, but issue is still there when using heat.Contacted my dealer, and was told that my vehicle has the update,and at this point, no other fix. Anyone have the same issue, or taken further actions beyond the dealer? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    no on the noise...yes on the "we have a software upgrade that will fix that" many times

Re: HVAC Issue

Thanks! Frustrating issue.......had many issues with my previous BMW's, and was hoping to have left issues behind with Cadillac......

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    Hers the frustrating thing, most (people on here) have very few from what I can see. I have a lil over 2k and have been in 3 times for most of my stuff and I am not getting into the paint issues... I love what this car can be, I just do not know if I have the patience to wait.....then again...why should I have to?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Cadillac2013,

Our Customer Service department would be happy to assist you further! I am truly sorry to hear this has become an ongoing issue with your vehicle. You may send us a private message at any time with your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of preferred dealership so we may discuss a resolution with the dealership. We look forward to assisting.

Jessica (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac2013 View Post
    Leased a 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium 1/2013. When using the heat, began getting a creaking sound while system is on. Brought to the attention of Cadillac dealer, was told the issue was being worked on. Took the vehicle in for 1st oil change 5/2013, and was told there was a software update they would perform to rectify the issue. No problems during summer and early fall using A/C, but issue is still there when using heat.Contacted my dealer, and was told that my vehicle has the update,and at this point, no other fix. Anyone have the same issue, or taken further actions beyond the dealer? Thanks!

RSN
    RSN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I am also dealing with this issue. My dealer has installed the update but the sound is still there. Ditto on the rough idle issue. It seems like these are common and widespread issues with the 2013 ATS. Even the loaner they gave me has both problems, albeit to a lesser degree than my new ATS. 'Frustrated' doesn't adequately describe how I feel at this point. If you spend this much on a vehicle that is supposed to be in a different class than 90 percent of the cars out there, you expect there to be no issues when the car is still relatively new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Cadillac2013,

Our Customer Service department would be happy to assist you further! I am truly sorry to hear this has become an ongoing issue with your vehicle. You may send us a private message at any time with your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of preferred dealership so we may discuss a resolution with the dealership. We look forward to assisting.

Jessica (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hi Jessica and Laura,
    Thank you for replying to my issue. I want to make it perfectly clear that I have NO issue with my dealer and service,they have been outstanding! They are just as frustrated as I am that GM does not have a fix (or one that works) for the HVAC issue
    My contact information is as follows:
    John Reilly
    VIN#1g6al5s38do139950
    Dealer: Armen Cadillac zip code 19462
    Mileage 5178
    Email creillyyy@aol.com
    n

----------

I agree, should be no major issues for a new vehicle. My only comfort is that my ATS has significantly less issues than my previous BMW's in the 1st year. Additionally,so far, have received excellent service from my dealer...they're stuck also because GM does not have a solution for the issue(s) that works!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac2013 View Post
    Hi Jessica and Laura,
    Thank you for replying to my issue. I want to make it perfectly clear that I have NO issue with my dealer and service,they have been outstanding! They are just as frustrated as I am that GM does not have a fix (or one that works) for the HVAC issue
    My contact information is as follows:
    John Reilly
    VIN#1g6al5s38do139950
    Dealer: Armen Cadillac zip code 19462
    Mileage 5178
    Email creillyyy@aol.com
    n

----------

I agree, should be no major issues for a new vehicle. My only comfort is that my ATS has significantly less issues than my previous BMW's in the 1st year. Additionally,so far, have received excellent service from my dealer...they're stuck also because GM does not have a solution for the issue(s) that works!
    Hello John,

Thank you for your response. I am glad you are satisfied with your dealer and their service and I understand this is frustrating on both ends. I would like to create a case file for you in our system which documents your current concerns and has your personal information up to date. With this being said, can you please private message us or send an email to socialmedia@gm.com that includes your phone number and home address? I would greatly appreciate it. We would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by RSN View Post
    I am also dealing with this issue. My dealer has installed the update but the sound is still there. Ditto on the rough idle issue. It seems like these are common and widespread issues with the 2013 ATS. Even the loaner they gave me has both problems, albeit to a lesser degree than my new ATS. 'Frustrated' doesn't adequately describe how I feel at this point. If you spend this much on a vehicle that is supposed to be in a different class than 90 percent of the cars out there, you expect there to be no issues when the car is still relatively new.
    Hello RSN,

I apologize that this experience with your ATS has been a frustrating one. Have you set up a file with our Customer Care team yet? If not, I would be more than happy to start a file for you in regard to these concerns. Please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with. If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.