Help with HID and weird sound/ Anti Flicker needed?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Help with HID and weird sound/ Anti Flicker needed? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi guys, I could use your help. My car's HID"s stopped working recently so I went back to the shop ...
    matthewmugar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Luxury 2.0 Turbo

Help with HID and weird sound/ Anti Flicker needed?

Hi guys,

I could use your help. My car's HID"s stopped working recently so I went back to the shop that did them. It's been 3 times so far and they can't seem to get it right. They replaced the HID kit with a DDM Tuning. From what i can tell it looks like there is an issue with the car having the "auto" lights on...I hear a buzzing through out the whole car when the "auto" is on...and I noticed that the lights do this weird flickering. Am I assuming that this is where we need an anti-flicker device installed? The lights work fine but only in the standard light format and not within the "auto" format. If I must put in anti flickering devices with this kit...Where can I buy them? is it hard to install?

Sorry for the hassle as I am sure this answer is somewhere on this forum...but i have searched for an hour and can't seem to find it. Any help would be graciously accepted...I am super frustrated over the last 2 weeks.

thanks

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Re: Help with HID and weird sound/ Anti Flicker needed?

you need to purchase anti flicker resistors

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Where can we get these. What brand do we get? Thanks for any help on this. My HID'S ARE ON THE WAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    you need to purchase anti flicker resistors

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

they are on ebay I purchased mine long time ago I don't remember from who but in search type in anti flicker resistors

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    they are on ebay I purchased mine long time ago I don't remember from who but in search type in anti flicker resistors

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.