CTS tune for 35 LB/TF more torque
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, CTS tune for 35 LB/TF more torque in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Have been reading that the same 2.0 Engine in the CTS has a revised program that gives 295 LB/FT torque. ...
    Indyblue98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V

CTS tune for 35 LB/TF more torque

Have been reading that the same 2.0 Engine in the CTS has a revised program that gives 295 LB/FT torque.
    Through creative advertising and maybe boost limiting programming they still show the HP at only 272,
    If the torque continued to 5500 like in the ATS it would be 308 hp.

2nd thought :
    Just wondering if anyone has put on the Intake and Downpipe without doing the tune as well?
    Only had the car for a few days , but never satisfied.
    Looking for warantee freindly choices.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ragtop 99 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD
    In the event of a major powertrain failure, I doubt GM would ignore a downpipe, especially a cat free one. Although you could pull it off before towing to the dealer.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Re: CTS tune for 35 LB/TF more torque

In stock form, just like the LNF before it, the LTG calculates it's output and limits that to the factory levels. If you slap on mods and then drive around power might spike when they first go on, but it'll soon top out at the same as stock once the ECU "learns down".

Makes it tough without voiding the warranty with a tune. Even an intake won't do much of anything .

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I had an intake on w/o tune for over a week and noticed 0 power gains. All it did was change how the car sounded upon cold startup and at WOT.
    I drove with both an intake and catted downpipe tuneless for only a few short miles and at relatively low speeds. I didn't notice any performance gains. Almost felt like there was a slight performance loss.
    Based of my experiences, it isn't worth it to add parts w/o a tune. After the tune my car was night and day different.
    Regarding warranty, my dealer installed my downpipe and mentioned nothing about it voiding the warranty but I'm sure if there were a drivetrain problem, the aftermarket downpipe would be a point of contention.

DiabloMike is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

When we get back from SEMA, I'm hoping to begin tune development on our ATS turbos. Our tools work a little differently than the rest in that we are not detectable by the factory tools. The method GM advises tech to use to see if a PCM has been tuned will show nothing after using one of our tuning devices, even if the tune is still in place.

Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

cadillacownersgroup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Premium

No tune is undetectable period.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    When we get back from SEMA, I'm hoping to begin tune development on our ATS turbos. Our tools work a little differently than the rest in that we are not detectable by the factory tools. The method GM advises tech to use to see if a PCM has been tuned will show nothing after using one of our tuning devices, even if the tune is still in place.

That claim is a ridiculous lie. No tune is undetectable period. All the dealer has to do is to drive the vehicle, or if there is already a part failure they will send off the ECM to GM where a bit by bit comparison will be done.

And no aftermarket company should be condoning warranty fraud. Pay to play.

Ragtop 99 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    Regarding warranty, my dealer installed my downpipe and mentioned nothing about it voiding the warranty but I'm sure if there were a drivetrain problem, the aftermarket downpipe would be a point of contention.
    Not many dealers will remove with a part required for federal emissions compliance. Even if dealer installed, GM can still void the warranty if they dig their heels in on the issue.

Indyblue98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V

What I am hoping for is a GM "Authorized" Upgrade.
    Similar to what was done with the Redline Sky and Solstice cars a few years back.
    You could have GM mechanics install the upgrade and boost the 250ish engine to over 300, with the warranty still intact.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I gotta do something my car seems slow .

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post
    Those girls are going to get nose bleeds in those shoes especially jumping around like that.

Oh ... yeah ... nice hp gains, too.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: No tune is undetectable period.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacownersgroup View Post
    That claim is a ridiculous lie. No tune is undetectable period. All the dealer has to do is to drive the vehicle, or if there is already a part failure they will send off the ECM to GM where a bit by bit comparison will be done.

The tune detection is looking into the PCM/ECM with the diagnostic tool and then it is looking at flash counts, nothing else. Some tunes are able to reset the count to where it was to begin. Mike does not lie.....in fact he is one of the pioneers in modern PCM tuning solutions, so I don't doubt for a second that he can do as he claims.

Every time a PCM is flashed, it records this in the flash-counter parameter, which is a non volatile memory (is not lost when power is disconnected) so it is just a matter of cracking that table and the re-flash keeping it as it was (say there were 2 TSB re-flashes done and recorded on that VIN, it would need to show those 2 updates, but not say a 3rd that was the tune flash).

Just drove a 2014 yesterday....awesome for a 2.0L engine! A tune should really wake this thing up.

----------

That Pfadt upgrade is unreal.....over 400 to the wheels from that engine!
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

DiabloMike is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: No tune is undetectable period.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacownersgroup View Post

Care to offer some facts to prove your case, or will this go down as 'some guy in the web said its a lie, so it must be'?
    LOL

Do you understand what GM does to look for a tune? Do you understand that we have former GM calibrators on staff, who were part of the process that developed the CVN system, and that we were able to get around it easily? If not, all you had to do was ask, but stating that I am lying while you have no facts to back it up is rather irresponsible

We have been offering tunes that are not detectable by the normal means for years, on all GM applications from CTSVs and Vettes to Colorados and Sierras. Nobody is condoning any sort of fraud...do you feel that tyouy should honestly lose your powertrain warranty because you used a flash device to correct your speedo for different sized tires, or to correct the stalling issue in GMs manual cals that they can;t seem to correct? All we do is make it so there is no giant red flag waving to the dealer to say you used a tuner. if you go to the dealer with the tune installed, and they manage to read it or send it to GM to be read out, sure, they can see the tune, it would be ignorant to assume otherwise. All we offer is the ability to hide the fact that you have flashed it and returned to stock. Nothing we offer can or will cause any damage that should lead to denial of coverage by any means, so why give them some blanket ammo to do so?

I'm glad I got a reply from you, as your 3 post count shows you only post when its important
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Good reply Mike.

And the "I heard it on the internet so it must be true" is such a double edged sword for those that have an ulterior motive behind their posts. We battle it daily as well.

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

JoeC1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Diablo is one of the few companies i trust to provide a safe tune with improved drivability. These guys know what they are doing and wouldn't sacrifice safety just to beat somebody else's dyno number (even though they probably will beat it and be safe).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.