OnStar Update
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, OnStar Update in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS

OnStar Update

Received this in an email today:

Get connected:

A software update to the Adaptive Forward Lighting system of your 2013 Cadillac ATS is available. The update will prevent a false illumination of the "AFL (Adaptive Forward Lighting) Lamps Need Service" message on the Driver Information Center (DIC). The false illumination message may occur intermittently even though the AFL lamps are functioning properly.

If you affirmatively accept, the update to the headlamp control module in your ATS will be done remotely via OnStar¹. The update will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and will occur during the overnight hours when the vehicle is not being operated (the ignition switch must be "off" during the update). Lights on the radio stack will illuminate during the update. Upon successful completion, your vehicle will be fully operational.

To accept this update, please click to Opt In.

If you have any questions, please call 1.866.297.1456.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by rspitler
    Received this in an email today: Get connected: A software update to the Adaptive Forward Lighting system of your 2013 Cadillac ATS is available. The update will prevent a false illumination of the "AFL (Adaptive Forward Lighting) Lamps Need Service" message on the Driver Information Center (DIC). The false illumination message may occur intermittently even though the AFL lamps are functioning properly. If you affirmatively accept, the update to the headlamp control module in your ATS will be done remotely via OnStar¹. The update will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and will occur during the overnight hours when the vehicle is not being operated (the ignition switch must be "off" during the update). Lights on the radio stack will illuminate during the update. Upon successful completion, your vehicle will be fully operational. To accept this update, please click to Opt In. If you have any questions, please call 1.866.297.1456.
    Me too! I just accepted the update. I didn't know Onstar could perform software updates to the CUE system. It sure saves a visit to the dealership right.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: OnStar Update

Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    Received this in an email today:

Get connected:

A software update to the Adaptive Forward Lighting system of your 2013 Cadillac ATS is available. The update will prevent a false illumination of the "AFL (Adaptive Forward Lighting) Lamps Need Service" message on the Driver Information Center (DIC). The false illumination message may occur intermittently even though the AFL lamps are functioning properly.

If you affirmatively accept, the update to the headlamp control module in your ATS will be done remotely via OnStar¹. The update will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and will occur during the overnight hours when the vehicle is not being operated (the ignition switch must be "off" during the update). Lights on the radio stack will illuminate during the update. Upon successful completion, your vehicle will be fully operational.

To accept this update, please click to Opt In.

If you have any questions, please call 1.866.297.1456.
    Thanks for sharing this, rspitler. Did you update your ATS via OnStar? If so, how did it go?

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    Me too! I just accepted the update. I didn't know Onstar could perform software updates to the CUE system. It sure saves a visit to the dealership right.
    Hi ATSigma,

Let me know how the update went. Pretty neat that OnStar can perform a software update to your vehicle. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Thanks for sharing this, rspitler. Did you update your ATS via OnStar? If so, how did it go? Laura M. Cadillac Customer Care ---------- Hi ATSigma, Let me know how the update went. Pretty neat that OnStar can perform a software update to your vehicle. If you have any questions, please let me know. Sincerely, Laura M. Cadillac Customer Care
    Don't know if it completed or not. Supposed to happen over night. But my car is garage kept so not so sure.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Would be nice if this updated the right headlight calibrating higher than the left issue.

Don't know if it completed or not. Supposed to happen over night. But my car is garage kept so not so sure.
    Hello rspitler,

If you find out, please let us know.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Mine is garage kept also. Received and accepted the offer, now I am wondering if I have to leave it outside. Will it update during the day if I do???

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just push the onstar button while it is in your garage and make sure it works. I would bet it does get reception, even in your garage.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

I just accepted mine as well. I got that error once so far sense March so not that worried about it. Nice to see they can push updates. Pretty cool.

Just spoke to my Service Dept (Mike Erdman on Merritt Island, Fl) about the update. He checked with his techs and they never heard of such an update happening via OnStar. He was concerned about things getting screwed up but we did talk about the update. It just might be for OnStar so their software doesn't report the false error codes. I also called OnStar and asked how do I know if the update was successful. The lady told me that if the update is accepted, I should get an email stating it was completed

Just spoke to my Service Dept (Mike Erdman on Merritt Island, Fl) about the update. He checked with his techs and they never heard of such an update happening via OnStar. He was concerned about things getting screwed up but we did talk about the update. It just might be for OnStar so their software doesn't report the false error codes. I also called OnStar and asked how do I know if the update was successful. The lady told me that if the update is accepted, I should get an email stating it was completed
    Hello rspitler,

Thank you for updating the thread. I appreciate it, as I was also curious. If you notice any concerns that arise, please let me know.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Hope this is not a trojan horse hack into our ECU's.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

I had never had the message, but accepted the On-Star service; it was done last night, and all seems well today.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Just received the email today.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I had never had the message, but accepted the On-Star service; it was done last night, and all seems well today.
    Glad all seems to be well after the update, David. If you notice any vehicle trouble, please contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.