ATS Aftermarket Suspension Guide (aftermarket options list)
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS Aftermarket Suspension Guide (aftermarket options list) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; As a lot of us have been looking for suspension upgrades for the ATS searching all over the internet and ...
    Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ATS Aftermarket Suspension Guide (aftermarket options list)

As a lot of us have been looking for suspension upgrades for the ATS searching all over the internet and calling different manufacturers and vendors trying to get any information
    I thought it would make sense to create a thread where we could amalgamate all the information (speculations) we are finding about suspension options and create a Sticky where everybody can find out whats coming and when its available

Here is what I could find so far
    please feel free to add up any information you may have

H&R:
    Nothing in the works for now , however their plans for 2013/2014 vehicles will be released beginning of next year so you might want to monitor their website

FK and ST Coilovers
    No plans for this vehicle

Bilstein
    Monitoring their website for demand and interest nothing planned as of yet

D3
    They have a full race coilover system available but its a full race system for the track junkie price over $3K (looks amazing)
    Cadillac-D3-Competition-Coilover-System_small.jpg

They are also working on a spring set that is supposed to be available in time for Xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,

Our production schedule is currently on target. We will have new products rolling out in time for Xmas.

Thank you,
    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Eibach:

Eibach PRO-KIT Performance Springs (2013 ATS 3.6L V6) but should also fit 2.0 as its the same suspension

Part Number: 38163.140 (http://www.coloradospeed.com/eibach-...6-p-28691.html)
    These have been in the catalog since July 2013 but with no official availability dates

Standard Suspension http://www.standardsuspension.com/suspension_r1.php
    DSCF0475.jpg

I spoke with the owner this week and he tells me demand has been fairly high lately for the ATS and that they plan to release the ATS version of their R1 coilovers early next year in the spring or before if demand continues to be high , This one is very interesting as the product is first class and their pricing is usually very good

FMSR Performance
    http://www.fmsrperformance.com/test/...product_id=133
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...le-though.html

These performancesprings have supposedly been available since June 2013 , but if your read the attach thread they have a weird pricing structure and we can`t find anybody who has tried them yet They are base in Easton, PA so it would be cool if someone could check them out

BWoody Performance
    BWoody Performance Cadillac ATS upgraded rear sway bar links $100

From their website :http://bwoodyperformance.com/product...roducts_id=613
    "The weakest link of the Cadillac ATS'S suspension is the sway bar links due to the lack of diameter and lack of strength, significant improvments in handling were felt on the test vehicle. Adding these to your vehicle will make your ATS handle like it should!! These are a great uprade to the Independant rear suspension"

Pfadt Race engineering
    Spoke with Eric at Pfadt on October 28th and he tell me that engineering is almost done and the figure that they're about 6 weeks out to make their systems available ,
    they will offer 2 kits 1 for standard suspensions and 1 for MRC , no pricing for now but the MRC system will be expensive

BC Racing http://www.bcracing-na.com/
    They are working on a version of their BR Type coilovers for ATS 6-8 weeks out at this time , (will definitely be out for spring)
    will sell for about 1K

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: ATS Aftermarket Suspension Guide (aftermarket options list)

updated

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

The BWoody end links should come standard on the ATS. They are that good.

JoeC1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    Really? I have a set here and am on the fence about installing them. Next upgrades are the catch can and intake from Buscher Racing and Diablo or Buscher/HP tune.

Raven6m is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Question, is there a schematic or visual breakdown of the two stock suspension setups; the standard & the MRC?

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    any noise or other side effects from using them?

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Other than more planted cornering and more responsive feel they could be stock.

Will be ordeing a set myself of the Bwoody links

(I updated the OP with an update from BC Racing)

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Despite what the forum reviewers say about BCs, they are crap. If your budget is $1000.00, I would wait for a set of springs and Konis.

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

The BC Racing coilovers are decent. I had a set on my GTO, there is a company that will revalve and install different spring (rates) for ya. I'd go for the BCs, for cost, and adjustability.

SLA

I put a set of BCs on my Legacy bc there was no other suspension options for it at the time and the forums all claimed they were awesome. Later, I sampled a good set of coilovers and was blown away by the difference. Then when Konis came out for the Legacy and I drove on them, I was again surprised how comfortable, but how well the car performed.

The damping on the BCs are pretty awful and the adjustments are non linear. The lack of travel is also a big issue. No BC vendor has ever been able to produce a dyno for them. As far as height adjustability goes, once the collars start to corrode after a year in most climates, you'll have to get in there with a wire brush if you want to free those lock rings. That might mean removing the entire coilover from the car.

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Most coilovers that have 30 diff adjustments, are equivalent to ones with 15 way adjustables. 2 clicks=1. The seizure on the collars, that's just lack of proper maintenance. Most will slap some marine grease on threads to prevent that. Even on high end coils. I've had SS coilovers sieze, bought a car with them on there, and was a bitch on getting them to move. Like i said, i'll find the site, they actually dynoed the BC amongst others like Ksport, Raceland, and other lower end Coilovers. Even Pedders for other platforms were based off BC Racing.

JoeC1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb View Post
    Will be ordeing a set myself of the Bwoody links

(I updated the OP with an update from BC Racing)
    got a set for sale if you want them

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
    got a set for sale if you want them
    send me info by PM

SLA

Quote Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk View Post
    Most coilovers that have 30 diff adjustments, are equivalent to ones with 15 way adjustables. 2 clicks=1. The seizure on the collars, that's just lack of proper maintenance. Most will slap some marine grease on threads to prevent that. Even on high end coils. I've had SS coilovers sieze, bought a car with them on there, and was a bitch on getting them to move. Like i said, i'll find the site, they actually dynoed the BC amongst others like Ksport, Raceland, and other lower end Coilovers. Even Pedders for other platforms were based off BC Racing.
    Testing BCs against other horrible dampers is like testing McDonald's, BK, & Wendy's to see who has the healthiest bacon double cheeseburger. You might have found the best of the bunch, but you still have a bottom of the barrel product.

There's only a handful of companies out there that build a good shock. Off the top of my head: Bilstein, Koni, Penske, Moton, Ohlins, Sachs, Dynamic Suspension, & Motion Control. I've seen mixed data on JRZ and AST, mostly due to (un)reliability. Allegedly the ASTs are better now with the later runs of the 4200 series.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.