2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 9
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JimmyH I'd switch to a different car before I'd go auto. I mainly agree with you, however ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post

I'd switch to a different car before I'd go auto.
    I mainly agree with you, however it wouldn't be the better financial option for me.
    If they buy my car out there will still be some depreciation figured in, so roughly a $7k loss from purchase price, which isn't a problem as I owe much less than that.
    However if I'm willing to switch to a fully loaded (mine basically is) automatic, then I not only have a higher sticker priced car, it also will be new and have (basically) zero miles. Then if I keep it for a year or two and trade it in/whatever I'd still make out better overall. IDK, it's hard to be practical, I like manual vehicles very much, and prefer it on my daily driver.

My ATS looks to be at the dealership for quite a while!.. The tech center is closed until after the holidays and the engineers can't currently get the calibration installed on my car.
    I swapped my loaner to a CTS today, and it's okay I suppose. I wanted to check it out, however I wouldn't choose it over the ATS for my own personal vehicle.

mrasmussen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 premium 2.0t manual trans - white

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

SOOOO, I just test drove and bought a 2013 2.0t premium tonight, 6-speed of course. While driving, for maybe an hour, the car did that to me twice. I pick up the car tomorrow at 10am. Should I NOT pick up the car and tell them to forget the deal?

Since I read in this thread that it is reproducible when driving a certain way, I wonder if my driving style causes that to happen more often than most. Like I said, I had it happen twice in an hour.

Considering there is currently no fix released for this it is ultimately your choice. Will it be fixed?... I would say yes, as it is certainly being worked on within GM. Even more so is that my car is supposed to be getting this fix very soon if all gets worked out with loading it onto the vehicle.
    I don't believe your driving style should be the issue unless you are doing something that odd. Mine stalls when it feels like it, in neutral or not, clutch position makes no difference, and I can be from going from a high rate of speed or low rate of speed to ultimately zero.

My opinion: Until this is sorted out I'd walk away... Sorry, but it is more than frustrating getting to any point that is useful with your dealership. Even afterwards and when they're working on the standard things they think will fix it (checking grounds, a reflash of the current cal, etc...) expect to be in an automatic loaner for a while.

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

and I am supposed to pick the car up in an hour and a half I didn't sign the actual loan yet, I could walk away I believe.

I can't believe that it happened twice over the course on an hour. I was thinking there is something wrong with this car, something that they would fix since there is a warranty.

since I love the car is it hard to walk away. I will see what the dealer says today (knowing full well they are going to tell me they will take care of me). I hope this isn't the beginning of a headache...

----------

after more thinking, i am going to tell the sales guy I want this fixed before I buy the car. I will point him to this board for a source, let's see what happens, leaving in a few minutes.,

It's unfortunate really.. Minus CUE (my opinion) and this stalling, the car is pretty damn fantastic.

I do wish it was a bit more aggressively styled in the rear also, however I'm just nit picking with that one..

I hope it works out for you, and also gives GM more incentive to get this fixed if they're missing sales because of it.
    I certainly wouldn't buy a brand new car that knowingly dies out (as happened to you on your test drive).

so maybe I am mentally challanged but I picked up the car, as you said, it is a wonderful car that is hard to say no to. Plus, it really wasn't a big increase in payments from my ford hybrid (which lack of power was getting to me more than I thought).

I talked to the service department prior to buying the car. They did some reflash while preping my car, we'll see if I notice the stall. He also said the gas in the car was almost a year old.

He assured me that they would do whatever they have to to keep my happy. I made him aware of this forum and GM's awareness of the issue.

I guess I'm just a sucker!

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Not a sucker, it's a Sampson and Delilah type thing....Can't resist the allure of the ATS. Best of luck I hope you got one of the good ones.

drove it for two hours at least today and no stalling. I'll keep you informed if I become one of the stall club members.

So far the car is awesome, pulls nicely, very comfortable and feels stiff. So far CUE is awesome, but them again, I am a technical person so it makes sense to me. If you are not technical, maybe it is hard to grasp?

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by mrasmussen View Post
    drove it for two hours at least today and no stalling. I'll keep you informed if I become one of the stall club members.

So far the car is awesome, pulls nicely, very comfortable and feels stiff. So far CUE is awesome, but them again, I am a technical person so it makes sense to me. If you are not technical, maybe it is hard to grasp?

Those of us who like tech are fond of the CUE. Get that old gas out of there, you may want to dilute it with some fresh once you get the tank below half and keep filling at about half way for a few tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post

Those of us who like tech are fond of the CUE.
    I wouldn't go that far, however I will say that CUE in 2014's is definitely better, and also newer Android builds work loads better than previous with Pandora integration.

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure it feels 100x better than the Ford you came out of.

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, however I will say that CUE in 2014's is definitely better, and also newer Android builds work loads better than previous with Pandora integration.

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure it feels 100x better than the Ford you came out of.
    bungee, comment was not meant to be all inclusive. The majority of people who like CUE appear to like tech, nothing more.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

For what it's worth, mine stalls much less on Premium. You could add some octane boost, or just wait until your next fill up. Mileage will be a bit better, too. Patiently waiting for the fix.

shawn672 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet

I'm hearing reports of a TSB/fix for this, dealers should be aware. May want to give yours a call

My car is about a week old, I've noticed it stall twice, while stopping at a light. I mention the issues when I bring the car in for service.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mrasmussen View Post
    My car is about a week old, I've noticed it stall twice, while stopping at a light. I mention the issues when I bring the car in for service.
    Hello mrasmussen,

I apologize you are experiencing a concern with your recently purchased vehicle. I see you are going to mention this to your dealer when you go in for service. If you would like to further discuss your situation and have my assistance while working with your dealer, please let me know. I can be reached via private message. In your message include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.