2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by bungee91 I had my power steering fixed a while ago and have had zero issues since.. Same ...
    adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I had my power steering fixed a while ago and have had zero issues since.. Same as you with the message multiple times. I believe they replaced the steering gear, all fixed. I can look it up for you if you have issues getting it fixed quickly/effectively.
    Thanks for the assistance bungee. I will relay the possible cause to the service advisor when I bring it in. I know how much they love it when a customer tells them what the problem is lol. At least my advisor tries to be as helpful as he can be, but sometimes they need to have more of an open mind.

I don't know if I wound up posting this up on the site, but check this out.

I ordered wheels and tires for my car for the winter, and when I got around to changing them, since snow was in the forecast, I couldn't find my wheel lock key. Knowing exactly where I kept it, I deduced that the dealership must have kept it last time my car was in for an oil change and they rotated my tires. So I call the dealership, mind you it's a saturday, and service is closed, and they say they can't do a thing for me. Even after I expressed the concern of possible snow the next day, and my car having it's summer tires still on. I wound up leaving a message on the sales manager's phone. He doesn't call me back to even acknowledge my concerns. I wind up getting a call two days later on Monday, so I bring the car in and explain that they never gave me back the key. The advisor states they have a universal and wouldn't use mine. My answer being, well the key left my car, and you were the only people besides me in the car. He takes the car into the shop and comes back out 15 minutes later....Tells me their universal key doesn't work, so they must have used my key and never put it back in the car (no sh*t). They now have to saw off my locks and give me a new set.

I am in the waiting area and cringing when I hear the saw going, knowing what is happening. I take the car, driving a few miles to work, and look at the wheels, and one of my wheels is totally destroyed, I don't know how I didn't see it. They blasted a ton of the clear coat off and some of the aluminum. So they had to order me a new wheel, once I got it back to the dealership, one of the incoming car movers said, "wow what is that burning smell". There was also a small spot where the clear was taken off on another wheel, but they stated it was not worth re-coating the whole wheel which might look slightly different than the factory clear coat. So yeah that was fun as well lol.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    What's funny is- what are they going to do if they duplicate it? Most dealers will act as if that will allow them to solve the problem. In reality, all it will really do is allow them to them believe you, but you will still have the problem.

True that but getting them to confirm and document it is critical in the process.

Matt M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    True that but getting them to confirm and document it is critical in the process.
    I find it a little humorous. We can fix it in 10 minutes, but it is going to take gm several months to figure out how to approach the issue. It's all about policies and procedures...

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Kstrick24 View Post
    Appreciate it!
    My work order specified the calibration update due to engine stalling, however I thought I had the documentation with me and apparently don't.
    It actually makes me wonder if they gave me the paperwork at all!
    If not I will get it, my car is at the dealer and is getting flashed on Thursday.
    If you need something quicker, let me know.

edit:
    Come to think of it, it's when I pickup the car that my work order will be given to me with the related work completed.
    So that being the case when I get the documentation I will post it for you.

----------

I find it a little humorous. We can fix it in 10 minutes, but it is going to take gm several months to figure out how to approach the issue. It's all about policies and procedures...
    Yeah I agree!
    Unfortunately (minus the BS of getting to a point that is actually helpful) it should be GM fixing the problem that they engineered/released and not someone who is nice enough (that'd be you) to fix it for us.
    I'll know more soon..
    I still have the option to switch to a fully loaded automatic ATS (not my favorite option, but better value to trade in for something else) or proceed with the buyback that I still have as an option also.
    I will know for sure within a couple of weeks, lets see how their new calibration performs.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    I'm told my dealer went further than normal to get confirmation.
    If you push your dealer hard enough to actually look, and call people he/she normally wouldn't they will get to the same point that I've gotten to.
    Which is the admitting to the problem, and working towards a fix... It's better than being looked at like you have no idea how to drive!
    I walk in like I'm a king now (yeah, I was right, what now?)...LOL... But really I'm just an owner that finally gets the attention I should have gotten from the start.
    GJB likes this.

Matt M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

I still have the option to switch to a fully loaded automatic ATS (not my favorite option, but better value to trade in for something else) or proceed with the buyback that I still have as an option also.
    I will know for sure within a couple of weeks, lets see how their new calibration performs.
    I have the awd auto and I love it so far. I haven't had any problems yet.

I have the awd auto and I love it so far. I haven't had any problems yet.
    I'm glad that you are enjoying your vehicle.. I have a 2014 2.0T AWD luxury as a loaner and I'm bored with it.. It's okay I suppose, but I wouldn't have put money down to buy it... To each their own.

edit: I stated the wrong engine

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    I am probably going to open a case with customer care as well. I just scheduled a visit to my local dealership. In the past 3 days my car stalled about 4 times, and my service power steering message came up about 6 times, all at no particular time. I made the service advisor aware up front that I know of the issue with the engine stalling and I have no idea what's going on with the power steering.
    Hello adiaz2331,

I see that you are experiencing this concern with your ATS as well and you are planning on opening a file with our Customer Care team. Have you already set up a file? If not, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting one up. Please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you have been working with. Do you have any update regarding your visit to your local dealership you scheduled?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Received a call from the dealer, the engineer and tech center has decided to order a new ECM for my car. No good explanation yet, but it's been ordered and the dealership will have more details tomorrow.

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

So I went and picked up my car yesterday. They did an oil change, which it needed, they also reprogrammed my power steering, they said there was an update. I also asked them to reset the trunk button timing as was mentioned in a previous thread.....They replaced my fob, saying it was too sensitive. I haven't tried it yet. So now on to the stalling....They said they couldn't re-produce the issue, of course. There were no diagnostic codes or anything thrown up, so they have no where to go. They called the hotline and they said they have heard this issue before, but of course there is no fix or updates, so nothing was done. We'll see how your test goes bungee, now that you're getting a new ECM. I don't know how a new ECM would fix a code issue, but I guess they're at the point of throwing everything against the wall and going with what sticks.

This is my very first Cadillac and a horrible experience already for me. I have contacted GM customer service who then contacted the executive office for me. The say they are going to call me back so we shall see. I explained that I feel unsafe in the vehicle and if I am able to "reduplicate the problem" in the wrong situation it could be life threating (my vehicle has cut off in a left turn before).

If you could get something in writing that would be great because everyone so far hasn't admitted to a problem...asking me asinine questions like what type of fuel are you using?
    Hello Kstrick24,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a stalling concern with your ATS. I understand your frustration and we do not want your first Cadillac experience to be negative. I see you have already been in contact with a Customer Care agent. If you would like me to review your case, please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and case number if you were provided one.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Dealership received the new ECM, installed into vehicle and still could not load the new calibration. So now they think it is the calibration and not the car. Not sure of all the details I just know they'll have my car for a while.
    I'm swapping my loaner ATS for a CTS on Monday to see if I like the new CTS. Plus the ATS I received as a loaner is a luxury and mine is a premium. I've actually missed some of my amenities.

Nothing more happening till Monday, plus the tech center won't be much help till the 2nd of next year. I was reminded if I don't want to wait they can swap me into an automatic for good. It may be growing on me a tad, but I miss my 3rd pedal and a proper shifter already!

Kstrick24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Kstrick24,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a stalling concern with your ATS. I understand your frustration and we do not want your first Cadillac experience to be negative. I see you have already been in contact with a Customer Care agent. If you would like me to review your case, please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and case number if you were provided one.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Information sent...

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

The original poster is spot on with the car stalling in the higher gears (>3rd) when coming to a stop. I previously stated I was unable to reproduce the issue, but now I am able. I recorded reproduction of the issue a few times while driving the car in the same manner as bungee91. I plan to share the video with the service techs at the dealership when I go in for service after the new year. I had 3 stalls in 12 stops.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Dealership received the new ECM, installed into vehicle and still could not load the new calibration. So now they think it is the calibration and not the car. Not sure of all the details I just know they'll have my car for a while.
    I'm swapping my loaner ATS for a CTS on Monday to see if I like the new CTS. Plus the ATS I received as a loaner is a luxury and mine is a premium. I've actually missed some of my amenities.

Nothing more happening till Monday, plus the tech center won't be much help till the 2nd of next year. I was reminded if I don't want to wait they can swap me into an automatic for good. It may be growing on me a tad, but I miss my 3rd pedal and a proper shifter already!
    I'd switch to a different car before I'd go auto.
    73JPS likes this.

Information sent...
    Hello Kris,

Thank you for letting me know. I received your private message and sent you a response. We will continue our interaction that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.