2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by mong8se Am I right in understanding from this thread that a software fix is possible and being ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by mong8se View Post
    Am I right in understanding from this thread that a software fix is possible and being worked on? or is it being "worked on"?
    (I've been delayed by a week from the original timeline, however) I will have the software fix applied to my car next week (just talked to my service manager an hour ago), I will also have a data recorder re-installed so that they can see what happens if any issues are still present afterwards.

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

I do not have a file setup with the customer care team and yes, I would like one. Wow, appreciate the fast response! Unfortunately, the stalling just happened twice this afternoon 12.11.2013 after the car had been driven on and off the highway for roughly 30 min. Weather in my area is below freezing ~26F. Add yes, I had a typo in my earlier response, it should have been.

mechevar_________________NHTSA ODI#: 10555432

I assume I need to go back to the dealership, but is there any exra information I should tell the service department? Last time all that happened was I rode around with a service tech and since no stalling occured during that drive, that was the end of it. I'm not bitter in any way, I understand you can't fix what you can't reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello mechevar,

I apologize that this happened to you a fourth time. Do you have a file set up with our Customer Care team? If not, Laura or I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up a file regarding your concern as well. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The more samples that Cadillac has to work on, the faster they will be able to get it debugged. If I were you, mechevar, I would volunteer to be a second beta tester for the software update they are planning for bungee91. With both of you testing, it could be just half the time until the bug (if it still remains) gets triggered, and they get even closer to honing in on a fix.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    I do not have a file setup with the customer care team and yes, I would like one. Wow, appreciate the fast response! Unfortunately, the stalling just happened twice this afternoon 12.11.2013 after the car had been driven on and off the highway for roughly 30 min. Weather in my area is below freezing ~26F. Add yes, I had a typo in my earlier response, it should have been.

mechevar_________________NHTSA ODI#: 10555432

I assume I need to go back to the dealership, but is there any exra information I should tell the service department? Last time all that happened was I rode around with a service tech and since no stalling occured during that drive, that was the end of it. I'm not bitter in any way, I understand you can't fix what you can't reproduce.
    Hello mechevar,

I am sorry to hear that it happened twice this afternoon as well. Yes, the dealership would be need to be involved again, if you could private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with, I can set up a file for you within our system. I will be in contact with the dealership as well when you provide me with that information, but the only extra information that I believe the dealership would need would be if you find any common factors when this concern occurs. Such as weather conditions, speed, or anything of that nature to help the dealership duplicate the concern. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Matt M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    I understand you can't fix what you can't reproduce.
    In this case you can. Very easily.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mong8se View Post
    So I've had this issue happen the first day I had the car, which was early September, it just happened again yesterday, and there was one time in between.

Is 3 times in 3 months often enough to file a complaint with NHTSA? It doesn't seem often enough for the dealer to be able to reproduce if I take it to them.

Am I right in understanding from this thread that a software fix is possible and being worked on? or is it being "worked on"?
    Hello mong8se,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this concern with your ATS as well. I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up a file within our system regarding this concern as well. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to set up a file regarding the stalling concern you are having.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I updated the first post with the additional two case numbers.
    bungee91 likes this.

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

I am probably going to open a case with customer care as well. I just scheduled a visit to my local dealership. In the past 3 days my car stalled about 4 times, and my service power steering message came up about 6 times, all at no particular time. I made the service advisor aware up front that I know of the issue with the engine stalling and I have no idea what's going on with the power steering.

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    I am probably going to open a case with customer care as well. I just scheduled a visit to my local dealership. In the past 3 days my car stalled about 4 times, and my service power steering message came up about 6 times, all at no particular time. I made the service advisor aware up front that I know of the issue with the engine stalling and I have no idea what's going on with the power steering.
    I had my power steering fixed a while ago and have had zero issues since.. Same as you with the message multiple times. I believe they replaced the steering gear, all fixed. I can look it up for you if you have issues getting it fixed quickly/effectively.

Kstrick24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Update on my stalling issue..

The car has been at the dealership for the last 4 days and I got the answer that I knew was coming..."We are unable to duplicate the problem..." So I will go pick my vehicle back up this evening and wait for it to stall again I guess. Called customer car and they say the same thing, like reduplicating the problem is the only thing preventing a solution to this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Kstrick24 View Post

The car has been at the dealership for the last 4 days and I got the answer that I knew was coming..."We are unable to duplicate the problem..." So I will go pick my vehicle back up this evening and wait for it to stall again I guess. Called customer car and they say the same thing, like reduplicating the problem is the only thing preventing a solution to this problem...
    This is absurd!!
    You need to talk with the service manager or someone at GM customer service executive office (the reps here can get you in contact with them).
    This is a VERY known issue with the ATS, and I am personally working with both the district manager who is in close talks with the ATS brand quality manager.
    If the service manager cares at all to help you tell him to reach out to his district manager or directly to the ATS brand quality manager for information.
    I am SO tired of faithful buyers of Cadillac (and manual cars in this case, poor dying breed!) having to jump through hoops to get anywhere.
    If there is ANYTHING that I can do to help you please PM me. I will be at my dealership this afternoon in regards to this and can likely get in writing something from the service manager that can help you get somewhere and fast.
    There is NO reason you should have to wait for it to stall again in order to start this whole cycle of trying to prove it happens... Disgusted and sorry for any buyer that has been going through this, tisk, tisk Cadillac!
    Kstrick24 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    This is absurd!!
    You need to talk with the service manager or someone at GM customer service executive office (the reps here can get you in contact with them).
    This is a VERY known issue with the ATS, and I am personally working with both the district manager who is in close talks with the ATS brand quality manager.
    If the service manager cares at all to help you tell him to reach out to his district manager or directly to the ATS brand quality manager for information.
    I am SO tired of faithful buyers of Cadillac (and manual cars in this case, poor dying breed!) having to jump through hoops to get anywhere.
    If there is ANYTHING that I can do to help you please PM me. I will be at my dealership this afternoon in regards to this and can likely get in writing something from the service manager that can help you get somewhere and fast.
    There is NO reason you should have to wait for it to stall again in order to start this whole cycle of trying to prove it happens... Disgusted and sorry for any buyer that has been going through this, tisk, tisk Cadillac!

This is my very first Cadillac and a horrible experience already for me. I have contacted GM customer service who then contacted the executive office for me. The say they are going to call me back so we shall see. I explained that I feel unsafe in the vehicle and if I am able to "reduplicate the problem" in the wrong situation it could be life threating (my vehicle has cut off in a left turn before).

If you could get something in writing that would be great because everyone so far hasn't admitted to a problem...asking me asinine questions like what type of fuel are you using?

This is my very first Cadillac and a horrible experience already for me. I have contacted GM customer service who then contacted the executive office for me. The say they are going to call me back so we shall see. I explained that I feel unsafe in the vehicle and if I am able to "reduplicate the problem" in the wrong situation it could be life threating (my vehicle has cut off in a left turn before).

If you could get something in writing that would be great because everyone so far hasn't admitted to a problem...asking me asinine questions like what type of fuel are you using?
    I will work on this for you.
    I have tried to contact my executive rep (who has been very helpful BTW) to get something in writing for you, however she isn't in her office currently.

I will be at the dealer this afternoon for a loaner car until the new experimental software calibration is uploaded to my car on Thursday or Friday (the calibration that is supposed to fix the stalling related to ALL manual ATS's).
    I can ask for something in writing for my own record, or whatever that can then be useful for you or anyone else in this same situation.

I'm sorry to hear this denial of the problem is still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I will work on this for you.
    I have tried to contact my executive rep (who has been very helpful BTW) to get something in writing for you, however she isn't in her office currently.

I will be at the dealer this afternoon for a loaner car until the new experimental software calibration is uploaded to my car on Thursday or Friday (the calibration that is supposed to fix the stalling related to ALL manual ATS's).
    I can ask for something in writing for my own record, or whatever that can then be useful for you or anyone else in this same situation.

I'm sorry to hear this denial of the problem is still going on.
    Appreciate it!

Matt M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

What's funny is- what are they going to do if they duplicate it? Most dealers will act as if that will allow them to solve the problem. In reality, all it will really do is allow them to them believe you, but you will still have the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.