2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Kstrick24 WOW I thought it was all me....I knew I wasn't crazy!!!!!...New to the forum and here ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kstrick24 View Post
    WOW I thought it was all me....I knew I wasn't crazy!!!!!...New to the forum and here is my confirmation number from the filed complaint:
    Welcome!.. It's unfortunate this is your first post here (meaning to report of such a problem).
    Thank you for filing on the NHTSA, I have asked to have your name and ODI# added to the O.P. (I cannot do this myself anymore).

Also as you are likely to find out, the dealer will believe it is you also and you will re-question if you are in fact crazy or not...

Kstrick24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Welcome!.. It's unfortunate this is your first post here (meaning to report of such a problem).
    Thank you for filing on the NHTSA, I have asked to have your name and ODI# added to the O.P. (I cannot do this myself anymore).

Also as you are likely to find out, the dealer will believe it is you also and you will re-question if you are in fact crazy or not...
    Looking forward to it...I've only had the car since September and I've experienced at least 5-7 stalls (usually while in neutral). I've started the process now with calling GM and getting a case number and also contacting my local dealership. We will see how this goes

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Welcome to the stall club, I also have only had my car since September and have had numerous issues including the stalling. The dealers will make you feel like you are crazy but you are not alone. I am currently talking to CCS and a rep from GM. I have also been to 3 different dealerships in my area with no resolve on my issues.

Good Luck!

Kstrick24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post
    Welcome to the stall club, I also have only had my car since September and have had numerous issues including the stalling. The dealers will make you feel like you are crazy but you are not alone. I am currently talking to CCS and a rep from GM. I have also been to 3 different dealerships in my area with no resolve on my issues.

Good Luck!

HAHAHAHA thank you!!! So far so good. I've actually been pretty blessed already. I had to use the roadside assistance when I first got my vehicle due to the child lock messing up and not allowing me to close my door (long story but I did not realize that the window lock and child lock is the same button). The guy that came out was actually the shop foreman at the dealership near my house we hit it off and he said anything I ever need call him direct.

So he actually just called me because he heard about my problem. Said he hadn't seen it (also doesn't work on many manuals), asked me some questions like what type of gas I use and the temperature of the car when it stalls. he seemed satisfied with my answers and said I need to bring it in. Wants to have it for a couple days, said he made sure to have a nice loaner vehicle for me and that he was committed to resolving this issue no matter what it may be. He is in contact with GM, has my case number, and says that if he cant fix it he intends to put it in GM's lap and have them work it out. So ill have to keep you guys posted if there is a solution or if I am indeed really going to regret purchasing (leasing) my first Cadillac.

Thank you guys for all the post and updates as well. Sidenote: He said he wish he could put a data recorder in there but that they don't make them for the ATS yet, so I don't know if he is misinformed or that this other dealerships are putting ones on that are ment for other vehicles.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

There is a data recorder that will work, I had it installed in mine. It didn't work the first time (recorded nothing), but the 2nd time GM got it right.
    Here's the thing though, the dealership doesn't get the data or analyze it, the engineers at the tech center does that. In my case this resulted in them finding nothing and then blaming me for the issue..
    They cannot tell if you are in neutral or not, and either have nothing that helps them to resolve the problem logged, or are not very good at analyzing data.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I just received a call from my dealerships sales manager (I have been working with the service manager) and he has been authorized by the district manager to replace my car with a new one!
    He stated they were thinking of giving me an automatic, however he remembered me from my special order of my current ATS and fully understood that's not what I was wanting.
    He said no problem, he will do some looking and get back to me either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I stated that I may consider the automatic for trade in purposes to then purchase a different vehicle (automatics are obviously more common for buyers) after they swapped my car if for some reason he could not find a manual equipped Premium ATS with the options that I currently have. Anyhow he'll let me know. I'm glad to hear that we're getting somewhere here.

I also want you to know that I was back in contact with the GM customer service reps here (Laura) and she got me back in contact with the GM executive that I was working with previously. I do believe that her as a point of contact has been helpful in getting to this point. The executive also just called me to follow up and let me know this similar information that I received from the sales manager 30 minutes prior.
    I will know more about this soon, and will let you all know.
    Hello Jeff,

I am more than happy I was able to get you in contact with your acting agent again. I am glad your dealer and other involved GM parties are assisting you with getting a new vehicle. If you ever have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    Just a quick chime in. In my first 6 months of ownership, I had this happen maybe 2-3 times. I thought it was something I did or something totally random happening. Now it has happened 3 times in the past 2+ weeks. If this keeps up I will definitely be filling out the request to the NHTSA. This is not acceptable.
    Hello adiaz2331,

Have you contacted out Customer Care team in regard to this concern yet? If not, I would be more than happy to document your concerns and start a file on your behalf. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Coodename067 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well well....I have read every single post here, and in the previous thread that was locked. Very disappointed even though I dont own the car. I planned on
    picking one up in literally 3 days. December specials are hard to beat. But after reading so many complaints, and how lightly GM/Cadillac/Dealerships are handeling this matter, I don't see any reason to want to make the purchase.

I mainly made this account to thank all the people that shared their experience, not for you guys, I would've made the purchase and would've possibly ran through the same situation you guys have been through.

Geo

Quote Originally Posted by Coodename067 View Post
    Well well....I have read every single post here, and in the previous thread that was locked. Very disappointed even though I dont own the car. I planned on
    picking one up in literally 3 days. December specials are hard to beat. But after reading so many complaints, and how lightly GM/Cadillac/Dealerships are handeling this matter, I don't see any reason to want to make the purchase.

I mainly made this account to thank all the people that shared their experience, not for you guys, I would've made the purchase and would've possibly ran through the same situation you guys have been through.

Geo
    I'm glad that this thread has made you aware of the issue, and allowed you to make an informed decision on a pretty substantial purchase.

Update
    Some other notes that I want to bring to the attention of everyone.
    GM is actively working on this issue, my service manager has been in contact with everyone who is anyone that is involved with the ATS.
    I have personally spoken with the regional manager in regards to the ATS and this manual stalling issue.
    GM is attempting to get this fixed quickly, and I will be testing the new engine calibration that has been developed to fix this issue supposedly later this week.
    This will involve an engineer visiting my local dealership, and he and I will get a chance to talk about the issues I've been having, and he will be re-programming my vehicle with the new calibration.
    I have been given the option for a buy back if I chose to go that route, however I have also been promised that this will be corrected quickly and I have direct telephone #'s to people involved if I happen to have any concerns.

I do believe that my stalling is more frequent than some (or I just bitch more), and for that reason I believe mine may also have something to do with a defective/mis-reading sensor at times.

I look forward to posting any updates along the way, and hope this will all be behind us soon.

If you are having an issue with your vehicle please start the process by notifying your local service center of your problems.
    If they actually care to have you as a customer they can easily find the information within GM and the tech notes to see this is a known issue attempting to be resolved right now.

----------

Also we are having issues editing the O.P. and if/when possible we have a new NHTSA# to add to the list. This is the 9th NHTSA # that we have gotten in part to do with this thread (some were prior to). Thanks to everyone!
    14) ATS2.0T6M_________________NHTSA ODI#: 10554994

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Coodename067 View Post

Geo

067, If you like the ATS to the point that it was tops on your list than I would not let this forum deter you from your purchase. I like many others are thrilled with our ATSs. As for the GM support and dealers I believe that boils down to GM documentation/resolution. If they have a solution they can and will correct it providing you have a reputable dealer within reasonable distance. This forum is weighted heavily toward people discussing issues so out of the 44500 ATS sold to date I believe the % with problems is low and they continue to decline. 13 owners (most accepted this risk willingly) have flushed out the majority of them. You see very few 14 owners with issues on this forum. That tells me GM is being proactive.

As for us 13 owners, well steady persistence is the key, my enjoyment of the car far exceeds any inconvenience I've had taking it in. I think pissedoffwookiee said it best "Worst car I've ever owned!!...Strangely I'm OK with that". BTW this is far from the worst car I've ever owned and I believe it will be the best. As for wook, they gave him a new 2014 and he appears to be on cloud 9.

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I just submitted my complaint.

ATS2.0T6M_________________NHTSA ODI#: 10555432

I took the car to my local dealership and they couldn't reproduce or get any resolution (roughly 09/26/2013). The car just stalled on me again last week (roughly 4th time) so I went and submitted the NHTSA compliant. The stall is very subtle, the car does not lunge forward like a normal stall. It just silently stops for me in neutral and I don't notice until I put the car in gear again that the engine is off.

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post

I assume that's supposed to read with your name, not "ATS2.0T6M's right?..

Also I received your PM, thanks.

mong8se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium 6M Thunder Gray/Morello Red

So I've had this issue happen the first day I had the car, which was early September, it just happened again yesterday, and there was one time in between.

Is 3 times in 3 months often enough to file a complaint with NHTSA? It doesn't seem often enough for the dealer to be able to reproduce if I take it to them.

Am I right in understanding from this thread that a software fix is possible and being worked on? or is it being "worked on"?

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post

I took the car to my local dealership and they couldn't reproduce or get any resolution (roughly 09/26/2013). The car just stalled on me again last week (roughly 4th time) so I went and submitted the NHTSA compliant. The stall is very subtle, the car does not lunge forward like a normal stall. It just silently stops for me in neutral and I don't notice until I put the car in gear again that the engine is off.
    Hello mechevar,

I apologize that this happened to you a fourth time. Do you have a file set up with our Customer Care team? If not, Laura or I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up a file regarding your concern as well. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Quote Originally Posted by mong8se View Post
    Is 3 times in 3 months often enough to file a complaint with NHTSA?
    Yes.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
    bungee91 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.