2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Well, tell him that RachelH got hers bought back. They messed around until they lost her as a customer to ...
    JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Well, tell him that RachelH got hers bought back. They messed around until they lost her as a customer to BMW. They should help you quickly to keep you in the family.

bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Well Guys....After dealing with GM and then going through the Lemon Law process and going through Arbitration with the BBB Autoline program, I have been granted a full repurchase of my cadillac. It has been decided that since I have taken my vehicle in multiple times for the stalling, and GM can not duplicate the intermittent issue, does not mean that it does not exist (I submitted the NHTSA complaints). It was also deemed that this issue is a serious and life-threatening issue. Therefore, I will be getting out of my ATS fairly soon. I wish you all the best of luck with your vehicles and cases.
    JLGT likes this.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

The system works. Glad you can put it behind. Lets hope Cadillac decides to fix this instead of continuing to just buy cars back. On the surface it sounds like a stupid decision to cause ill will and have to buy cars back when they have a fix they could implement immediately. Many of these are NOT driver error, but even if they were, does it really make sense to leave computer code in that kills the engine which in turn could cause accidents that hurt or kill people even if GM can rationalize blaming it on the driver?

Quote Originally Posted by bboren994 View Post
    Well Guys....After dealing with GM and then going through the Lemon Law process and going through Arbitration with the BBB Autoline program, I have been granted a full repurchase of my cadillac. It has been decided that since I have taken my vehicle in multiple times for the stalling, and GM can not duplicate the intermittent issue, does not mean that it does not exist (I submitted the NHTSA complaints). It was also deemed that this issue is a serious and life-threatening issue. Therefore, I will be getting out of my ATS fairly soon. I wish you all the best of luck with your vehicles and cases.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I just wanted to follow up and congratulate the people who have been able to get out of their problematic ATS's lately.
    We've now seen this handled 3 separate ways, one as a trade-in (I believe that was their choice), one as a buyout, and one as a lemon law case.
    I urge anyone who does still have the option of the lemon law to start the process before it is too late!

I am unfortunately now just over 1 year of ownership (this what I get for special ordering the vehicle!), and I shouldn't have waited until now to have thought about starting down that path (I really thought GM would have fixed this by now!!).
    I haven't heard anything from GM lately, and have been following up with my dealership regularly hoping they would decide to do something. New video below, it is a bit hard to see as the direct sunlight but you can still see it just die.
    I was also rolling at a decent speed, so you can see I was just about to put it back into 2nd gear to continue going when it dies. I then restart it and continue moving in 2nd gear, as I am still coasting at a reasonable speed.

For JLGT I am sorry to hear that GM isn't able to find this issue and is blaming you for the problem. I have tried to get an official bulletin or something for you to reference however they said until a real bulletin is made they don't have a # assigned. I do have the GM representative on recording stating the problem and how it can be referenced. I also can provide you with my dealer contact, and possibly a written response from my dealer that relates to GM admitting to this issue if it will be of help to you. Please PM me is I can be of some help.

Also I really don't believe this has to do with the mass clutch differential or whatever is referenced to stall the vehicle if RPM is < whatever.
    Honestly it seems to me, and watching the RPM fall that the car is going to die regardless. There is no delay, no nothing, just RPM steadily falling to 0.
    I could be wrong, this is my opinion currently.

Matt M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Also I really don't believe this has to do with the mass clutch differential or whatever is referenced to stall the vehicle if RPM is < whatever.
    Honestly it seems to me, and watching the RPM fall that the car is going to die regardless. There is no delay, no nothing, just RPM steadily falling to 0.
    I could be wrong, this is my opinion currently.
    The idle speed setting in the ECM in that situation is 0 rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    The idle speed setting in the ECM in that situation is 0 rpms.
    Well that makes sense if that's the case.
    However given the speed of the vehicle, why does the ECM assume the engine is in a gear < 2nd gear (I believe that's the situation for idle = 0).

I talked to the dealer, and he's forwarded my recent emails to "The Hub" whatever that means. He said he'll have some info for me later this week.

My best video so far ("best" is subjective, I'd sure like none!), the audio from the music is pretty bad though (good old Evo 4G).

Twice in a row from one stop to another. A bit of traction-less driving between the two stops, and a little gangster hand action (I was jamming out to Wiz Khalifa) and an appearance from me...

JLGT likes this.

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

Just a quick chime in. In my first 6 months of ownership, I had this happen maybe 2-3 times. I thought it was something I did or something totally random happening. Now it has happened 3 times in the past 2+ weeks. If this keeps up I will definitely be filling out the request to the NHTSA. This is not acceptable.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    Just a quick chime in. In my first 6 months of ownership, I had this happen maybe 2-3 times. I thought it was something I did or something totally random happening. Now it has happened 3 times in the past 2+ weeks. If this keeps up I will definitely be filling out the request to the NHTSA. This is not acceptable.

Don't wait to fill it out, I do not believe the ATS is self healing.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Don't wait to fill it out, I do not believe the ATS is self healing.
    Yes, please. The NHTSA should have all the information available. Even if you are not SURE its the car's fault, they have a process that takes that possibility into consideration.

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

Submitted a complaint just now. 10554677 is the file number. I also noted the one or two times that when I was actively driving, and my DIC would show that my power steering needs service, and the car would proceed to stall shortly thereafter.
    GJB and JLGT like this.

I just received a call from my dealerships sales manager (I have been working with the service manager) and he has been authorized by the district manager to replace my car with a new one!
    He stated they were thinking of giving me an automatic, however he remembered me from my special order of my current ATS and fully understood that's not what I was wanting.
    He said no problem, he will do some looking and get back to me either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I stated that I may consider the automatic for trade in purposes to then purchase a different vehicle (automatics are obviously more common for buyers) after they swapped my car if for some reason he could not find a manual equipped Premium ATS with the options that I currently have. Anyhow he'll let me know. I'm glad to hear that we're getting somewhere here.

I also want you to know that I was back in contact with the GM customer service reps here (Laura) and she got me back in contact with the GM executive that I was working with previously. I do believe that her as a point of contact has been helpful in getting to this point. The executive also just called me to follow up and let me know this similar information that I received from the sales manager 30 minutes prior.
    I will know more about this soon, and will let you all know.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I just received a call from my dealerships sales manager (I have been working with the service manager) and he has been authorized by the district manager to replace my car with a new one!
    He stated they were thinking of giving me an automatic, however he remembered me from my special order of my current ATS and fully understood that's not what I was wanting.
    He said no problem, he will do some looking and get back to me either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I stated that I may consider the automatic for trade in purposes to then purchase a different vehicle (automatics are obviously more common for buyers) after they swapped my car if for some reason he could not find a manual equipped Premium ATS with the options that I have in my vehicle. Anyhow he'll let me know. I'm glad to hear that we're getting somewhere here.

I also want you to know that I was back in contact with the GM customer service reps here (Laura) and she got me back in contact with the GM executive that I was working with previously. I do believe that her as a point of contact has been helpful in getting to this point. She also just called me to follow up and let me know this similar information that I received from the sales manager 30 minutes prior.
    I will know more about this soon, and will let you all know.

Great news! Your gangster hand action and music selection must have made them realize you were a man not to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Great news! Your gangster hand action and music selection must have made them realize you were a man not to be reckoned with.
    You know what?... I think you're on to something with that observation!
    GJB likes this.

Kstrick24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

WOW I thought it was all me....I knew I wasn't crazy!!!!!...New to the forum and here is my confirmation number from the filed complaint:

JLGT likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.