2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; FYI: I locked a similar thread (link below) and left instructions there to continue the discussion here. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-stalling.html...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

FYI: I locked a similar thread (link below) and left instructions there to continue the discussion here.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-stalling.html

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Mine stalled twice in a row this morning (2 stop lights right after one another), and I was able to watch it happen the 2nd time. It didn't even attempt to idle or "catch" when the RPM 's lowered, it just went from roughly 3000RPM to off, no stutter or anything... I had just gotten the car back from the dealer on Wednesday and failed to reinstall my phone/camera that I've had set up (I'm kicking myself for it now, figured I'd remove it, car was in for oil change/winter tire TPMS learn)..
    Anyway it had been about 3 weeks since it died previously, so that's a plus!.. I have a feeling the GM update will not fix the likely intermittent sensor that is probably the cause of my issue.
    Wait and see, and also reinstall camera!

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Yes I have been in one for months

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Video below.
    Happened twice today, the camera did something odd this morning and didn't capture it.
    Enjoy!

RachelH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Turbo/Performance/Manual Trans

Well I am happy to report that I finally got satisfaction from GM. The Service Rep (M. Parker) assigned to the L.A. area authorized a full refund of my money on Nov. 14, & I received my check on Nov 21. It was only after the dealer made themselves look even worse than they already had, by trying to stick me with the depreciation of the ATS in an offer to trade my car for an 2014 SRX, that Mr. Parker finally saw the light and logic of simply returning my $4k and sending my car into R&D for analysis. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO relieved to be done with this saga. Mr. Parker was the only one out of 7 GM employees that I spoke to that treated me with respect and consideration for the real problem that these cars are presenting. If it were not for him I would still be without a car and my money. Now I am the happy owner of a 2014 BMW X5, woo hoo!! If I can be of any help to you please contact me via personal message, as I won't be looking at this forum any more. I am sooo busy and I can barely get to my regular email. I wish you all quick and happy solutions to your ATS issues!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelH View Post
    Well I am happy to report that I finally got satisfaction from GM. The Service Rep (M. Parker) assigned to the L.A. area authorized a full refund of my money on Nov. 14, & I received my check on Nov 21. It was only after the dealer made themselves look even worse than they already had, by trying to stick me with the depreciation of the ATS in an offer to trade my car for an 2014 SRX, that Mr. Parker finally saw the light and logic of simply returning my $4k and sending my car into R&D for analysis. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO relieved to be done with this saga. Mr. Parker was the only one out of 7 GM employees that I spoke to that treated me with respect and consideration for the real problem that these cars are presenting. If it were not for him I would still be without a car and my money. Now I am the happy owner of a 2014 BMW X5, woo hoo!! If I can be of any help to you please contact me via personal message, as I won't be looking at this forum any more. I am sooo busy and I can barely get to my regular email. I wish you all quick and happy solutions to your ATS issues!
    That's great that you were taken care of.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Whoever the moron engineer is that programmed the car to shut off in NEUTRAL! to try to protect the mass/clutch whatever device should be fired...

----------

It's also silly they did not at FIRST offer you a full refund to go toward an SRX instead of trying one last time to stick it to you with depreciation. They must have assumed you were too stupid to be able to count. With that foolish move, they ended up losing you entirely. Sigh... Some people at car dealerships are just not very bright...

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Congratulations! Now hopefully they use your car and figure out the problem for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    Whoever the moron engineer is that programmed the car to shut off in NEUTRAL! to try to protect the mass/clutch whatever device should be fired...
    From everything I've seen and heard, with a track record like that, I'm sure (s)he has already been snapped up to oversee some multi billion dollar government program.

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    From everything I've seen and heard, with a track record like that, I'm sure (s)he has already been snapped up to oversee some multi billion dollar government program.
    Healthcare?

Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    Healthcare?
    I wasn't referring to the better run government programs like Healthcare. LoL

jae7373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by RachelH View Post
    I'm also now freshly out of my ATS! I on the other hand parlayed the refund into a 2013 ATS4 3.6

Matt M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    Whoever the moron engineer is that programmed the car to shut off in NEUTRAL! to try to protect the mass/clutch whatever device should be fired...[COLOR="Silver"]
    It's not programmed to shut off in Neutral. It just does not realize that it is in neutral, but rather thinks it is in gear based on wheel speed and rpm. I've posted about this a few times. It seems strange to me that so many people have issues with this, yet no one has time to bring it here to get fixed. As I stated before, we can document the process and turn the information over to GM to implement a revision. Or everyone can just keep going back to their dealerships with a very, very low chance having the issue corrected.

Just got off the phone with GM support and they basically told me that there is no fix for the stalling and it is the way I am shifting. Apparently GM does not want to admit to the problem. I would be extremely grateful for an aftermarket fix at this point. I am supposed to speak to someone from technical support on Friday and will update this later.

Talked to tech support today and basically just heard the same stuff again that everybody else has been saying, "protect the dual mass flywheel" yadda yadda. Asked him about it happening in neutral as it has happened to me and told him about the video above and it just seems that they don't know what to say. We just all suck at driving...nope, nothing wrong with our ATS's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.