2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 12
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy What do you want for the sticker? It supposedly goes into my file for documentation ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    What do you want for the sticker?
    It supposedly goes into my file for documentation purposes... Lame I know.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 717 View Post
    Great news, and long overdue! Can one of the Cadillac service reps that check in here please let us know when the TSB is released?
    If and when I know the TSB I'll post it in here. I'd assume it should be on my work order once my car is ready to be picked up, if not I'll ask.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post
    Great news! Thank you!

Guess we were not as crazy as the dealers made us seem.
    Yeah I agree.. I was going to bring up the fact that my 3rd gear synchro seems a bit "lazy" (my words) and catches/rubs if you shift too quickly.. However I just figured it's not worth my time right now.... LOL..

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 717 View Post
    Great news, and long overdue! Can one of the Cadillac service reps that check in here please let us know when the TSB is released?
    Hello Steve 717,

Gregory and I do not have access to provide TSB information. We would love to help out if we could! This is something that must be discussed with the service department at your dealership, as a TSB is a guideline for a technician at a dealership. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Wanted to update this thread to say that my testing of the "test" calibration is complete and I experienced zero stalls during my testing time with it (that's fantastic from the 1 or more a day I had been getting lately).
    The dealer has my car and will be removing the data recorder and installing the final version of this tune.

That same tune will be given to everyone, and a bulletin will be posted for this fix.

I think this issue should hopefully be behind us!!
    Hello Jeffrey,

I am glad everything seems to be running properly now. I am sorry for any inconvenience this was for you throughout resolving this concern. If you ever have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

sounddudeajk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am having this issue as well 2013 ats 2.0t 6speed. I am at the point now that I can replicate the issue. If you are at around 3.5-4k rpm and shift to neutral then as you coast and the Rpms drop very slightly press on the break. This causes the Rpms to drop to 0 and shut off the engine. Now that I can replicate it hopefully the dealership can solve the problem
    scsgoal31 likes this.

scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by sounddudeajk View Post
    I am having this issue as well 2013 ats 2.0t 6speed. I am at the point now that I can replicate the issue. If you are at around 3.5-4k rpm and shift to neutral then as you coast and the Rpms drop very slightly press on the break. This causes the Rpms to drop to 0 and shut off the engine. Now that I can replicate it hopefully the dealership can solve the problem
    My very first time replicating this issue with your steps "worked" perfectly. Immediate stall. Fantastic that we now know how to show this to a dealer. I doubt it's the only way to make it happen, but this is a pretty much guaranteed way to trigger it.

Cortland is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray 2013 ATS 2.0 Premium, manual trans.

Imagine my horror to be driving home my new ATS this evening when it stalls out at a stop sign and has lost power steering upon restart.

This is my third first model year vehicle, and I tend to be pretty pragmatic about these sorts of teething problems. It's assuring to know a permanent fix is near.

Quote Originally Posted by sounddudeajk View Post
    Hello sounddudeajk,

Have you been able to work with your dealership regarding this concern yet? If you would like to further discuss your situation, please send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
    Imagine my horror to be driving home my new ATS this evening when it stalls out at a stop sign and has lost power steering upon restart.

This is my third first model year vehicle, and I tend to be pretty pragmatic about these sorts of teething problems. It's assuring to know a permanent fix is near.
    Cortland,

I understand your concern for wanting this resolved and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for you. Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership yet? I would like to further discuss your situation and document your concern within our system. Please send me a private message that includes your contact information, VIN and dealership name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Any updates?

I just signed my buy back paperwork.. Oh wait, that's probably off topic.. LOL..

I don't know of the specific TSB, I just know I have that final tune and that it is supposed to (as I was told) be given to everyone under a TSB. I have the paperwork from the dealership stating my repair, but doubtful it will do any good to post.

I'd say this problem is fixed (once you get the new calibration), the other small problems and dealing with the dealership through this entire process will be remedied (for me anyway) with the purchase of another car.. M235i is looking to be in my future.. (sorry for thread derailment, I did write it though. ..LOL).

ralco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats 2.0 manual

As of Feb 7 , there is a service update which shows up when the dealer runs the serial number on their computer when you go in for service. Roughly 900 2013-14 manual transmission ATS models are impacted. Mine was done that week and has been fine so far. It's too bad that it so GM so long to corrrect the problem but with less than a thousand cars with manual transmissions, it was not at the top of their to - do list.
    JLGT likes this.

The 900 or so affected cars = all manual ATS's built.. So now that a TSB seems to be created if you have a manual you should take the update.

----------

Also to add to this, for quite a while I don't believe GM really knew this was an issue. For some reason (even though they're supposedly affected) some people really haven't had this issue.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Whoa! Just read (most of) this thread.

Glad there's a (mostly) happy ending.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

If GM monitors this site and had bought back cars because of the problem , then they knew about it all along. If this problem impacted 100,000 cars , they would have placed a much higher priority than one impacting less than a thousand units. The dealer network was likely not a lot of help either as the diagnostics would show that the engine was functioning correctly even though the engine management software was responsible for the stalling problem. This was an engineering issue way above the pay grade of the dealers. GM failed to understand that the people who buy manual transmission cars are doing so because they are auto enthusiasts and not because they want better gas mileage or are too cheap to spring for the automatic. The result is that by neglecting to come up with a swift resolution to the problem, they've managed to hack off a tiny but influential segment of the car buying public which they spent millions in marketing to woo into their showrooms and away from many foreign nameplates.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Great news, just had mine stall again last night while making a u-turn as cars were coming towards me. I switched it into neutral real quick and as I was still rolling I restarted the car.

Is there an official recall notice or TSB somewhere? Cadillac Customer Service....hello?

When you go to your dealer they will enter your serial number into their computer system and it will show all updates slated for your car. No recall, per se, just an " update" .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.