2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) - Page 11
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; This is really helpful in trying to reproduce. I just had a data recorder installed on my second trip to ...
    mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

This is really helpful in trying to reproduce. I just had a data recorder installed on my second trip to the dealership. Will see how this works out. The guy at the dealership working on my car said he has not spoken with GM about the issue and cannot until he has something from a data recorder.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2013 6 Speed Manual Stalling - Affected Users Thread (It's the car, not you!)

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    This is really helpful in trying to reproduce. I just had a data recorder installed on my second trip to the dealership. Will see how this works out. The guy at the dealership working on my car said he has not spoken with GM about the issue and cannot until he has something from a data recorder.
    Hello Michael,

I reviewed your previous case in which you worked with my counterpart Gregory who assists me on this forum. We can document additional comments or concerns you have within your case file as well. Please send us a private message to keep us updated on the status of your situation. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

The testing begins, so far so good.

They seem to be always listening too (notice cellular dongle attached).
    13894201267190.jpg

Special emissions related sticker.
    13894201464361.jpg
    13894208107922.jpg

I honestly feel GM is attempting to make this right!
    The ATS brand quality manager has been in direct contact regularly with my service manager.
    I'm supposed to see how this goes for 2-3 weeks. If all is well this becomes production, if not, no clue.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That is just awesome. Of course, you don't ever want problems, but, if they occur, this attention to fixing it is what you want to see.

If they don't get the settings right on this trial, if they are willing to try again (and I am sure they will be), maybe consider doing it. Sometimes fixing something takes a few shots to get it right.

PetrolHead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 Standard Red Obsession 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    That is just awesome. Of course, you don't ever want problems, but, if they occur, this attention to fixing it is what you want to see.

If they don't get the settings right on this trial, if they are willing to try again (and I am sure they will be), maybe consider doing it. Sometimes fixing something takes a few shots to get it right.
    I'm so glad to hear someone say this. A brand new car on a brand new platform is bound to have some issues...especially a low volume variant like our manuals. The fact that GM is taking it so seriously and working hard for a fix speaks volumes to how much it wants the brand to succeed. No stalling in mine, hopefully it doesn;t.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am a huge fan of the ATS and what GM is doing, in "general" (all puns intended). Also, I am a huge fan of seeing continual improvement (and the issue above is just one example). Improvements have helped them elevate their brand over the last few years, and continual improvements will keep pushing them higher and higher.

Don't mistake my calls for improvements in this or other threads as me being dissatisfied. The fact is, the opposite is true. Overall, I am very satisfied with my ATS, yet I still look forward to reaping the rewards of GM's continual improvements down the road (maybe on another ATS, or maybe one of those new CTS [wow, those are nice], or an SRX - who knows?). The important thing is they are improving, and I am sure advances they make in one model will be leveraged in other models as well.

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual

My ATS Manual did the "subtle stall" in neutral for the first time tonight, twice in a row. I have had it since May, and currently have 14,250 km on it. The circumstances: It happened shortly after leaving a 100 km/h highway, turned right onto a major street, then after waiting at the lights, turned left onto an empty industrial street. Slowed to look for an address, and it stalled the first time, didn't even realize it stalled until I tried to move again. If it was in gear, it would have lurched at the stall. Restarted, moved up a bit, slowed again making sure to hit the clutch when I stopped, and it stalled a second time. It has been raining all day, streets are wet, but car is garaged. Someone previously mentioned in this thread that they felt there was a connection to the "service power steering" message that they had seen. Have got the message several times over the past month turning left in snowy conditions, with no noticeable effect on the steering, except that a couple of times the wheel feels a bit sluggish in returning to centre after the message appears, but steers normally the next time I drive it. I don't see how this is related to the stalls. I will report both next time I bring it in for service, and monitor future stalls. Thanks for all the info in this thread, I will know what to look for if it reoccurs.

So far so good, and I've been driving it often.

I will say I notice the idle RPM is higher now than before. If I recall it used to be about 550 RPM, now it's more like 700 RPM. I think that's a smart decision and is more in line with previous manuals I've owned.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

550 seems too low for an idle speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    550 seems too low for an idle speed.
    I agree, I can't hook anything to my ALDL because it is currently being used by GM, however from my tachometer it seems to be about 700 now, and a bit higher than that when cold/at various loads.

Others in this thread, what is your idle?.. I believe it was like 550, but don't quote me.

Also this new calibration is MUCH better at resting to idle from acceleration than previously.
    It now gracefully (my words) goes down to roughly 1000 RPM and then sets to about 700 and stays there.
    Prior to it would fall quickly and then "catch" and raise back up a bit, and as we're aware at times it wouldn't "catch" and then just stall out.

So far I'm impressed it seems how it should have been all along , more testing to go!

PetrolHead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 Standard Red Obsession 6MT

I've been paying attention to my car's idle for the last few days, and found it never drops below 700. As you described, it comes down to around 1,000 after normal driving, then settles at 700 when stopped. There's people with documented 2014's stalling, but mine seems fine *knocks on wood*. I wonder what causes the issue in some cars but not all?

Wanted to update this thread to say that my testing of the "test" calibration is complete and I experienced zero stalls during my testing time with it (that's fantastic from the 1 or more a day I had been getting lately).
    The dealer has my car and will be removing the data recorder and installing the final version of this tune.

That same tune will be given to everyone, and a bulletin will be posted for this fix.

I think this issue should hopefully be behind us!!
    JLGT likes this.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance
    Great news! Thank you!

Guess we were not as crazy as the dealers made us seem.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Wanted to update this thread to say that my testing of the "test" calibration is complete and I experienced zero stalls during my testing time with it (that's fantastic from the 1 or more a day I had been getting lately).
    The dealer has my car and will be removing the data recorder and installing the final version of this tune.

That same tune will be given to everyone, and a bulletin will be posted for this fix.

I think this issue should hopefully be behind us!!
    What do you want for the sticker?

Steve 717 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Manual

Great news, and long overdue! Can one of the Cadillac service reps that check in here please let us know when the TSB is released?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.