Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Turned on my heated seats yesterday (level 1) and after 10m, I only felt negligible heat. In my G8, I ...
    db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thumbs down Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats

Turned on my heated seats yesterday (level 1) and after 10m, I only felt negligible heat. In my G8, I always used level 1 and felt it was adequate for everything except extreme cold conditions. So I tried again, this time at level 3 in my ATS, barely a change after at least 5m. I postulated, maybe it's tied to my climate controls so I pushed it up to 85 and still no noticeable change after a few minutes. Reported the issue at my local dealership and they said other customers are reporting similar issues. I haven't taken it in yet but by that response, it seems like, "it is what it is" until a TSB is released.

WTH GM? You charge $600 for a cold weather package that is useless. I'll be at my destination by the time the seat warms up. G8 heated seats > ATS.

Anyone else run into lackluster heated seats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats

i actually have the exact opposite complaint. when i turn mine on, it feels like my ass is gonna get seared. usually i turn it on to max first, let it heat up quicker, and then tone it down to 1 or off completely. then again im in california so i might not need the super heat as bad as you

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

It's not ND cold here in VA; it was low 60s yesterday so I thought I'd turn them on... disappointed; and it's not even cold out yet.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

the heated steering wheels is more of an issue for me cuz it only heats up in 2 spots. and i never hold the steering wheel from there unless im ripping thru a canyon or something.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Max is definitely burn-your-buns-hot after a short period; 2 I find is a good setting. What I do like is they're tied to the remote start and when you get in the car on a cold morning they're already pre-warmed and good to go.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    It's not ND cold here in VA; it was low 60s yesterday so I thought I'd turn them on... disappointed; and it's not even cold out yet.
    From the other posts, it sounds like yours just aren't working right.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

start mine at 3/hi like donavo and turn them down once they warm up, however I too was surprised/underwhelmed at the lack of heat that 3/hi put out. it was like 1/lo on my other cars. As for the steering wheel...That gets warm quick and the temp is right where it should be...nice...IMO.

I thought I read/heard somewhere that the seat heat was tied to the HVAC temp setting which makes no sense nor do i believe since it is just a coil and has 3 settings. I also notice that the back and bottom cannot be controlled separately like on my other GM car where it had to be on hi for the back to warm up and anything lower you just got the bottom heat.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    I don't notice a difference between the three settings. Not very warm. Was going to check another at dealer, but since I'm not alone will make an appt. Must be a switching problem if all three are the same temp.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    Turned on my heated seats yesterday (level 1) and after 10m, I only felt negligible heat. In my G8, I always used level 1 and felt it was adequate for everything except extreme cold conditions. So I tried again, this time at level 3 in my ATS, barely a change after at least 5m. I postulated, maybe it's tied to my climate controls so I pushed it up to 85 and still no noticeable change after a few minutes. Reported the issue at my local dealership and they said other customers are reporting similar issues. I haven't taken it in yet but by that response, it seems like, "it is what it is" until a TSB is released.

WTH GM? You charge $600 for a cold weather package that is useless. I'll be at my destination by the time the seat warms up. G8 heated seats > ATS.

Anyone else run into lackluster heated seats?
    Hello db_outlaw,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your heated seats. Have you thought about taking your vehicle into the service department to ensure that they are operating as designed? I have definitely documented your concerns about the heated seat feature and sent them to the correct team, but if you would like any assistance setting up an appointment, please feel free to private message me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

You guys must have some serious seat heating problems...that's what a warranty is for.....take it to the dealer. My ATS seats work perfectly, with 3 as others mention, being extremely hot......1 or 2 are perfect! As for the steering wheel, my wheel heats up in a mater of seconds and is warm and comfortable all around. I live In Cleveland, and our weather does get cold.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

I can fry an egg on the highest setting

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Thoroughly satisfied with my heated seats. Bert

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

My heated seats are a serious step downward from the BMW I turned in for this car!
    The 3 setting is warm/kinda hot but nothing overly special.
    I normally use 2 as it's a good balance, however I've been using 3 more.
    The 1 setting is useless.

In comparison to the BMW I traded in, and an Avalanche her parents have, these seat heaters are sub par.

The heating steering wheel on the other hand, now that's just lovely!

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

I noticed same thing with mine they barely warmed up after 40 min ride. Hay db_outlaw don't you miss your g8 ?

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I tried mine a few times and didn't feel like they worked all that well....I thought maybe just wasn't very noticeable because it was pretty warm out. I'll try again now that it's getting colder but the ones in my explorer seemed much warmer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.