Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Maybe it is factored by the type of seat? Leather? No. X-way of adjustments, etc.? I have a Premium trim ...
    pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Maybe it is factored by the type of seat? Leather? No. X-way of adjustments, etc.?
    I have a Premium trim and the 3 setting gets to be too hot too fast - seat and back. Steering wheel heat is fast to take effect and in all areas I have ever tried. So I consider that to be exactly right. I am also in Canada so the cold weather features were standard on my model as best I recall....

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Re: Underwhelmed by our Heated Seats

My BMW 745li had really hot seats. My ATS seats didn't get very hot the first couple of times I used them. I'm not comparing the 2 cars because the BMW was 2 times the price when it was new. Even the doors auto closed. They are 2 different breeds. Now the seats work well. Still not like the BMW but they suit me well now. But really the first couple of times I thought they were broken. The heat on the wheel is perfect for me. I really wanted to buy an American car instead of giving money to a German breed again. I'm very happy with my Caddy.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    I noticed same thing with mine they barely warmed up after 40 min ride. Hay db_outlaw don't you miss your g8 ?
    Hello romanats,

If you would like any assistance in setting up an appointment to make sure that your heated seats are operating correctly, I would be more than happy to assist you. Iíll be on the lookout for your private message or your updates on the thread.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    I tried mine a few times and didn't feel like they worked all that well....I thought maybe just wasn't very noticeable because it was pretty warm out. I'll try again now that it's getting colder but the ones in my explorer seemed much warmer.
    Hello bluecrayon,

After you try your seats again when it is colder out, I would suggest making an appointment with your dealership if you are not satisfied with the way the seats are working. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership and would like to further discuss your concern, donít hesitate to reach out to Laura or myself.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    My heated seats seem ok. It's the steering wheel that is luke warm. I had a Buick rental with heated steering wheel and wow did that get nice and toasty! Now that it's getting cooler here in CA only now am I starting to notice it. I'll just have to keep an eye on it before considering another visit with the dealership.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

It's 40 this morning so I'm going to try both the heated seat and steering wheel and see what happens. Regardless, I've already mentioned it to the dealer and when my car goes in next week for an oil change, I'd like the heater looked at as well. I posted here first to see if it was just me or if it was a common complaint before I ranted to the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    My heated seats seem ok. It's the steering wheel that is luke warm. I had a Buick rental with heated steering wheel and wow did that get nice and toasty! Now that it's getting cooler here in CA only now am I starting to notice it. I'll just have to keep an eye on it before considering another visit with the dealership.
    Hello ATSigma,

If you choose to bring your vehicle into the dealer, please let me know so I can assist during that process. I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your heated steering wheel not working properly. Please contact me via private message if there is anything you would like to further discuss.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    It's 40 this morning so I'm going to try both the heated seat and steering wheel and see what happens. Regardless, I've already mentioned it to the dealer and when my car goes in next week for an oil change, I'd like the heater looked at as well. I posted here first to see if it was just me or if it was a common complaint before I ranted to the dealer.
    Please let me know if you would like my assistance while working with the dealer, db_outlaw. I would like to stay involved throughout this process and make sure your concerns are addressed. I can be contacted via private message.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Results from the morning drive to work (10-15minutes)...

Heated steering wheel was lukewarm almost immediately but never got any hotter
    Both front heated seats, at level 3, failed to heat anything more than my hamstrings; extremely localized and only mildly warm

If this is what GM counts as a cold weather package, I would warn buyers to opt out of that package and save $600. Useless.

I'll be bringing up these issues when my car goes in for routine maintenance next week.

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance

Got a bad back so I had mine on in 90 Degree....ahhhhhhhh, Have not tried the wheel yet saving that for the cooler climes.
    Majority here have no issue....warrenty my friend !!!

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

Initial experience since picking up from February in Iowa untill now. Heated steering wheel has been just what I expected. Warms up fast and has never been a problem.

Drivers seat has been good so far, but far from effective to heat up thoroughly around me. I can feel the heat, but at highest setting not too warm. More like lukewarm or slightly warmer.

Now my BIGGEST issue. Passenger heated seat has never worked. Took to dealer to have heating element replaced recently and it still doesn't work. Complained to them and they call it an intermittened heating issue. But it has never worked for me!!! So they use the cop-out card......take it to another dealer and see what they find. I find that answer completely unnaceptable. Just shows their incompetence to fix the problem and prove to me it was successful.

So that's where it stands. New service department to look at it Tuesday.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Now that it's starting to get colder here in buffalo, I tried the seats and seemed pretty good. They just seem to take a little longer to heat up. Steering wheel works great, very warm. I'm a warm person in general, but I never wear gloves so the heated steering wheel is nice. I imagine when it's 10 degrees out, it'll be very nice indeed!

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by jeffroeson View Post
    Initial experience since picking up from February in Iowa untill now. Heated steering wheel has been just what I expected. Warms up fast and has never been a problem.

Drivers seat has been good so far, but far from effective to heat up thoroughly around me. I can feel the heat, but at highest setting not too warm. More like lukewarm or slightly warmer.

Now my BIGGEST issue. Passenger heated seat has never worked. Took to dealer to have heating element replaced recently and it still doesn't work. Complained to them and they call it an intermittened heating issue. But it has never worked for me!!! So they use the cop-out card......take it to another dealer and see what they find. I find that answer completely unnaceptable. Just shows their incompetence to fix the problem and prove to me it was successful.

So that's where it stands. New service department to look at it Tuesday.
    that's not cool. That I would have a problem with. They can't fix it huh. Well they better. If it doesn't work they need to fix it. However long it takes them. That's crazy to me. Can't be the only ats seat that has had this problem. They need to research and even put in a new seat if need be to see if its something else in the seat. Then if it isn't that something that controls it outside of the seat. Relays and such.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I tried my heated seats and steering wheel yesterday. Everything worked as it should. The steering wheel got a bit too warm but I'm sure in the real cold it will be great. The heated seats got comfortably warm not hot. I like that much better than my audi seats that became so hot I could never keep them on for any length of time. I'm not looking for seats that burn me I'm looking for seats that warm me. They did get warm enough for both my wife and myself to turn them off after about ten minutes.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Like my heated seats and I F'ing LOVE the heated steering wheel! Reminds me of my heated grips on my bike. Can't live without it now.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I tried my heated seats and steering wheel yesterday. Everything worked as it should. The steering wheel got a bit too warm but I'm sure in the real cold it will be great. The heated seats got comfortably warm not hot. I like that much better than my audi seats that became so hot I could never keep them on for any length of time. I'm not looking for seats that burn me I'm looking for seats that warm me. They did get warm enough for both my wife and myself to turn them off after about ten minutes.
    Hello JSATS,

I am glad your heated seats and steering work properly. We appreciate customer feedback and are happy you and your wife will be able to enjoy this feature as you should.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.