3.6 ATS tune interest?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 3.6 ATS tune interest? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys, we are planning to offer tunes for the 2.0T ATS for sure, and we have been working on ...
  1. #1
    DiabloMike's Avatar
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    488

    3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Hey guys, we are planning to offer tunes for the 2.0T ATS for sure, and we have been working on the 3.6 PCM as well, and I'm curious how many people might actually be interested in a tuner for their 3.6...

    It would be a handheld tuner, you could go back to stock at any time, in a matter of minutes, it leaves NO trace behind for GM to see, would offer end user adjustable parameters in addition to the preloaded ECM/TCM tunes, and allows datalogging, code reading/clearing, supports custom tuning from any of our GM CMR tuners, and more.

    I don't imagine there being any huge power gains to be had on the 3.6, as there certainly weren't when we played with the 2010 Camaros with the same engine. GM seems to have done well with their cal, which is becoming more common with these DI, WB controlled N/A applications. Gains would be in the form of reduced torque management (always helps), improved shifting performance from the A6 models, and perhaps a little mileage improvement if there is any room there. Of course you'd be able to disable speed limiters, raise rev limiters, adjust tire size to correct the speedo, all that fun stuff as well.

    I seem to notice at least one person in each 2.0T tune thread asking if its available for the V6, so, lets hear it. The more the better, as usual

    Thanks!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    bbrown450's Avatar
    bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by diablomike
    hey guys, we are planning to offer tunes for the 2.0t ats for sure, and we have been working on the 3.6 pcm as well, and i'm curious how many people might actually be interested in a tuner for their 3.6... It would be a handheld tuner, you could go back to stock at any time, in a matter of minutes, it leaves no trace behind for gm to see, would offer end user adjustable parameters in addition to the preloaded ecm/tcm tunes, and allows datalogging, code reading/clearing, supports custom tuning from any of our gm cmr tuners, and more. I don't imagine there being any huge power gains to be had on the 3.6, as there certainly weren't when we played with the 2010 camaros with the same engine. Gm seems to have done well with their cal, which is becoming more common with these di, wb controlled n/a applications. Gains would be in the form of reduced torque management (always helps), improved shifting performance from the a6 models, and perhaps a little mileage improvement if there is any room there. Of course you'd be able to disable speed limiters, raise rev limiters, adjust tire size to correct the speedo, all that fun stuff as well. I seem to notice at least one person in each 2.0t tune thread asking if its available for the v6, so, lets hear it. The more the better, as usual thanks!
    definitely count me in for the 3.6

  4. #3
    Steve247's Avatar
    Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    26
    I'm in 100%

  5. #4
    HighElevation is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Performance
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    10

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    Hey guys, we are planning to offer tunes for the 2.0T ATS for sure, and we have been working on the 3.6 PCM as well, and I'm curious how many people might actually be interested in a tuner for their 3.6...

    It would be a handheld tuner, you could go back to stock at any time, in a matter of minutes, it leaves NO trace behind for GM to see, would offer end user adjustable parameters in addition to the preloaded ECM/TCM tunes, and allows datalogging, code reading/clearing, supports custom tuning from any of our GM CMR tuners, and more.

    I don't imagine there being any huge power gains to be had on the 3.6, as there certainly weren't when we played with the 2010 Camaros with the same engine. GM seems to have done well with their cal, which is becoming more common with these DI, WB controlled N/A applications. Gains would be in the form of reduced torque management (always helps), improved shifting performance from the A6 models, and perhaps a little mileage improvement if there is any room there. Of course you'd be able to disable speed limiters, raise rev limiters, adjust tire size to correct the speedo, all that fun stuff as well.

    I seem to notice at least one person in each 2.0T tune thread asking if its available for the V6, so, lets hear it. The more the better, as usual

    Thanks!
    I know this is off topic, but what happened to the support promised for the Toyota Tundra 5.7? There was an announcement on the diablosport forums and support was "confirmed" and then now according to you the ECM is "too complicated"?

    http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...p?f=17&t=42402

    http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...hp?f=17&t=3230


    We've spoken in person at the SEMA show before and your company reps said that a tuner was in progress. Then almost two years pass and you've moved on without delivering.

    That just does not sit well with me and you need to make this right.

  6. #5
    DiabloMike's Avatar
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    488

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by HighElevation View Post
    I know this is off topic, but what happened to the support promised for the Toyota Tundra 5.7? There was an announcement on the diablosport forums and support was "confirmed" and then now according to you the ECM is "too complicated"?

    http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...p?f=17&t=42402

    http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...hp?f=17&t=3230


    We've spoken in person at the SEMA show before and your company reps said that a tuner was in progress. Then almost two years pass and you've moved on without delivering.

    That just does not sit well with me and you need to make this right.
    OK....here you go. We spent months cracking away at that PCM. As much as we'd love to have some return on that investment, it was simply not crackable. It wasn't intended as some tease, trust me. We have to gauge market interest before we start a project like that, which is why you heard about it. Heck, we went so far as to purchase a Tundra for development. It simply didn't pan out. Again, we wish it had. The interesting part is, we have some renewed interest in that application currently, and the PCM is now in The hands of our genius engineer who cracked the 11-up Chrysler encryption, so we'll have to see what comes of that.

    Breaking into a market where nobody even knows what processor is on the PCM is a whole different ball game than offering tuners for the GM market, as for the most part, GM PCMs are pretty simple/straightforward to get into. We were already reading and writing the E39 (3.6PCM) before I posted this, as we'll be doing the same for E39a by the end of this week

    Thanks
    Ihuntv8 likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

  7. #6
    HighElevation is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Performance
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    10

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    OK....here you go. We spent months cracking away at that PCM. As much as we'd love to have some return on that investment, it was simply not crackable. It wasn't intended as some tease, trust me. We have to gauge market interest before we start a project like that, which is why you heard about it. Heck, we went so far as to purchase a Tundra for development. It simply didn't pan out. Again, we wish it had. The interesting part is, we have some renewed interest in that application currently, and the PCM is now in The hands of our genius engineer who cracked the 11-up Chrysler encryption, so we'll have to see what comes of that.

    Breaking into a market where nobody even knows what processor is on the PCM is a whole different ball game than offering tuners for the GM market, as for the most part, GM PCMs are pretty simple/straightforward to get into. We were already reading and writing the E39 (3.6PCM) before I posted this, as we'll be doing the same for E39a by the end of this week

    Thanks

    The way the entire thing was handled is what makes me bitter. The renewed interest that you're talking about is the same people, me included. We haven't given up looking for a tuning solution for the trucks that we own.

    What happened was that tuning support was announced, and then you've simply given up on the project without telling anyone. You've left us hanging.

    Maybe coming up with a GM tuning module is easier, but what transpired before to me offends me. I've asked for you to make what was wrong right, and to do that I expect you to deliver a tuning solution for what was promised. No other way will do. The GM aftermarket is already crowded and I don't think you'll do any better here than any of the other GM markets elsewhere, especially now with HPT (HP Tuners) supporting the Cadillac ATS in full.

    HPT is like a force of nature for the GM aftermarket. HPT has thousands of custom dyno tuners and a user base that supports them because they provide the support needed for the entire community to thrive. A community that shares their best work and findings to each other and provides updates and does not keep their customers in the dark or misleads them.

    I've owned a few GM vehicles in the past and I've never come across a local shop with a dyno ever use anything but HPT.

    I think I can speak for a number of people on the board when I say that to earn our money (over HPT), I'd want to see full access for the end user for every parameter, every table, and more access for the user than HPT. I want to see that with the standard box that you sell, not then having to buy some sort of additional package to become one of your "tuners".

  8. #7
    DiabloMike's Avatar
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    488

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by HighElevation View Post
    The way the entire thing was handled is what makes me bitter. The renewed interest that you're talking about is the same people, me included. We haven't given up looking for a tuning solution for the trucks that we own.

    What happened was that tuning support was announced, and then you've simply given up on the project without telling anyone. You've left us hanging.

    Maybe coming up with a GM tuning module is easier, but what transpired before to me offends me. I've asked for you to make what was wrong right, and to do that I expect you to deliver a tuning solution for what was promised. No other way will do. The GM aftermarket is already crowded and I don't think you'll do any better here than any of the other GM markets elsewhere, especially now with HPT (HP Tuners) supporting the Cadillac ATS in full.

    HPT is like a force of nature for the GM aftermarket. HPT has thousands of custom dyno tuners and a user base that supports them because they provide the support needed for the entire community to thrive. A community that shares their best work and findings to each other and provides updates and does not keep their customers in the dark or misleads them.

    I've owned a few GM vehicles in the past and I've never come across a local shop with a dyno ever use anything but HPT.

    I think I can speak for a number of people on the board when I say that to earn our money (over HPT), I'd want to see full access for the end user for every parameter, every table, and more access for the user than HPT. I want to see that with the standard box that you sell, not then having to buy some sort of additional package to become one of your "tuners".
    Wow. OK.

    We never promised anyone anything. How could anyone promise to support a PCM that they had no idea if it could even be flashed??
    Telling me that you expect us to release it is quite a strong request. I don't think you have any idea whats actually involved in a project like that.

    As for full access to the end user, thats not something we are going to offer either. If you want that, you want HPtuners. Feel free to take the risk of tuning your own vehicle, simple as that.

    What we offer are preloaded tunes that we design on the street and dyno for specific vehicles. These tunes are designed to work with a stock or lightly modified vehicle, and if you choose to modify it further, you can take it to any of our GM CMR tuners and they can create custom tunes using our CMR software for tune editing, and load the custom tunes to your inTune or Trinity. Asking for full access at the price of one of our tuning devices is way off base as well. It seems you'll be seeking an alternate tuning solution, and I wish you the best
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

  9. #8
    Ancient Mariner's Avatar
    Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NL, Canada
    Posts
    339

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Interested yes, and on a related note as the ATS 3.6 is able to run E85 right from the factory, would there be any benefit to having an E85 specific tune? I've owned many different performance cars over the years and have had various experiences with hand held/canned tunes, and custom dyno tuning, so I certainly realize there may not be a whole lot to gain with a basically stock 3.6 NA tune, but if there's something there of benefit along with a decent CAI setup, I'm in.

  10. #9
    DiabloMike's Avatar
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    488

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    Interested yes, and on a related note as the ATS 3.6 is able to run E85 right from the factory, would there be any benefit to having an E85 specific tune? I've owned many different performance cars over the years and have had various experiences with hand held/canned tunes, and custom dyno tuning, so I certainly realize there may not be a whole lot to gain with a basically stock 3.6 NA tune, but if there's something there of benefit along with a decent CAI setup, I'm in.
    Ideally, a custom tune to optimize the E85 calibration can do wonders over the factory flex fuel cal, yes. I have seen some GM trucks pick up 25-30 rwhp with e85 on a good tune vs. e85 on the stock tune. It would seem however, that GM is getting a little more aggressive with their E85 cals, as the dyno results on the new 5.3 2014 trucks that have been tested on e85 vs 93 (untuned) have shown some strong gains (20+ rwhp). How much is left on the table will take some time on the dyno to figure out.

    Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

  11. #10
    SC2150's Avatar
    SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palmetto, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,626

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    We have had great success w/DiabloSport with a bunch of different platforms.....this would be very welcome.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

  12. #11
    bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    174
    I'd definitely be interested as long gains are decent for the price. Especially since it is a lease, it'd be nice to have something available that could be easily reversed.

  13. #12
    DiabloMike's Avatar
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    488

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    I'd definitely be interested as long gains are decent for the price. Especially since it is a lease, it'd be nice to have something available that could be easily reversed.
    Gains should be solid, and we'll be developing on my and my coworkers leased 13's, so, we won't do anything to compromise that
    Ancient Mariner likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

  14. #13
    bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike
    Gains should be solid, and we'll be developing on my and my coworkers leased 13's, so, we won't do anything to compromise that
    Any idea yet on preliminary gains and price??

  15. #14
    DiabloMike's Avatar
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    488

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    Any idea yet on preliminary gains and price??
    No, testing has not yet begun. To be totally honest, since we have two 2.0Ts in house, they'll likely happen first.

    As for pricing, the tools are currently available. The inTune is $389, the Trinity is $599

    Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

  16. #15
    duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    connecticut
    Age
    40
    Posts
    760

    Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

    I would be interested.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting