3.6 ATS tune interest? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 3.6 ATS tune interest? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I am 100% interested...
    scooter_x is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 Thunder Gray/Morello Red
    I am 100% interested

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: 3.6 ATS tune interest?

Ok, next question, anyone local to our delray beach facility that would be interested in loaning us their 3.6 for some dyno time?

Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I wish I was but I'm in Connecticut.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    Ok, next question, anyone local to our delray beach facility that would be interested in loaning us their 3.6 for some dyno time?

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

As much as I would like to be in Florida with winter coming on, I can't help you there

I'm sure there is a local or two who will be interested as we get closer
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    in tampa....how long will it take?

Caddyalltheway is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have been waiting for a 3.6 tune since I bought mine in May. Very interested. I'd love to help you out with a test car, but I'm in Toronto, Ontario. That might be a little far for you.

Goeddgr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD Premium

I am in Ft.Lauderdale.....I may be interested. Would need to work out the timing!

PM me and I will give you my email so we can keep in touch.

Thanks!

small723 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 Premium

No, testing has not yet begun. To be totally honest, since we have two 2.0Ts in house, they'll likely happen first.

As for pricing, the tools are currently available. The inTune is $389, the Trinity is $599

Thanks

Any update on 2.0T ? I see on the site the ATS is not yet on the drop down lists.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Quote Originally Posted by HighElevation View Post
    The way the entire thing was handled is what makes me bitter. The renewed interest that you're talking about is the same people, me included. We haven't given up looking for a tuning solution for the trucks that we own.

What happened was that tuning support was announced, and then you've simply given up on the project without telling anyone. You've left us hanging.

Maybe coming up with a GM tuning module is easier, but what transpired before to me offends me. I've asked for you to make what was wrong right, and to do that I expect you to deliver a tuning solution for what was promised. No other way will do. The GM aftermarket is already crowded and I don't think you'll do any better here than any of the other GM markets elsewhere, especially now with HPT (HP Tuners) supporting the Cadillac ATS in full.

HPT is like a force of nature for the GM aftermarket. HPT has thousands of custom dyno tuners and a user base that supports them because they provide the support needed for the entire community to thrive. A community that shares their best work and findings to each other and provides updates and does not keep their customers in the dark or misleads them.

I've owned a few GM vehicles in the past and I've never come across a local shop with a dyno ever use anything but HPT.

I think I can speak for a number of people on the board when I say that to earn our money (over HPT), I'd want to see full access for the end user for every parameter, every table, and more access for the user than HPT. I want to see that with the standard box that you sell, not then having to buy some sort of additional package to become one of your "tuners".
    Damn!!
    After reading this its kinda upsetting, I've been building parts and tuning cars for a long time! I'm sure diablo tried everything within reason, people don't really understand what it takes to crack some software, let alone begin tuning! Most vehicles going to torque management is a pain in the arse! A company is only going to invest so much time and money into a market they seem fit, if the return for the hours upon countless hours of labor isn't profitable, sometimes pulling the plug is the smartest business decision to make!
    Torque management is not something an average tuner is going to have fun with, the hp community is very open (to a point), tuners that spend countless hours are not going to just hand over every piece of info! Having complete control over an PCM can be very dangerous, there isn't just couple parameters and can modify and BINGO you have xxx hp gains with perfect A/F and timing. It's very complicated!
    I'm not trying to offend anyone, I think some people are just misinformed!

danniboi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Premium

Hey Mike, I see this is about 2 years old now and after reviewing your site I didn't see any option for the ATS either. Did this idea fall off the radar for the 3.6 tune? Just curious, thanks.

Dan

----------

Whoops, I was reading the date that reflected when people joined the site and not the date of these posts. Sorry for the confusion; However the question still stands.. was there ever any tune created for the ATS 3.6?

No, not yet, but thanks for asking.
    The more interest we see the more it gets moved up the list.
    I'm dying to get started on the 2.0T stuff, and will let you guys know as we move along on the ATS and other similar platforms

Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I've only seen one tune offered for the 3.6l and the gains advertised were small, although across the board. Seems like there is a good opportunity for you once you finish the 2.0T tune. If a NA DI engine will respond to an increase in octane, seems like there should be some decent gains from a tune and a switch to 91/93 octane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    I've only seen one tune offered for the 3.6l and the gains advertised were small, although across the board. Seems like there is a good opportunity for you once you finish the 2.0T tune. If a NA DI engine will respond to an increase in octane, seems like there should be some decent gains from a tune and a switch to 91/93 octane.
    And most of them are mated to Autos, which can always be improved upon
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Hi Mike,

What's the release date for the 2.0T tune ?

Cheers
    Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.