CUE Screen Flickering
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE Screen Flickering in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone else experienced a problem with the CUE display "flickering"? Another way to describe it is rapid rolling of ...
    Vernon Cooke is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CUE Screen Flickering

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the CUE display "flickering"? Another way to describe it is rapid rolling of the video content - like there is a sync problem. It only occurs about once per day during longer drives, duration is a minute or two, so the probability of being able to demonstrate to Cadillac Service is pretty low.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JP-ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes, this has happened to me as well. One time during a four hour drive.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: CUE Screen Flickering

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Cooke View Post
    Has anyone else experienced a problem with the CUE display "flickering"? Another way to describe it is rapid rolling of the video content - like there is a sync problem. It only occurs about once per day during longer drives, duration is a minute or two, so the probability of being able to demonstrate to Cadillac Service is pretty low.
    Hello Vernon Cookie,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your CUE screen flickering during long drives. I do see that you have a concern with the service department duplicating the issue due to the fact that it happens once per day and on long drives. I would suggest possibly recording this concern as a video on your cell phone to show to the service department. I would be happy to contact your local dealership to see if they would be able to use that as a diagnosis and speak to them about this concern. Please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like me to contact. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JP-ATS View Post
    Yes, this has happened to me as well. One time during a four hour drive.
    Hello JP-ATS,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue as well. If you are interested in me contacting your dealership as well, I would be more than happy to. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Hello Vernon Cookie,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your CUE screen flickering during long drives. I do see that you have a concern with the service department duplicating the issue due to the fact that it happens once per day and on long drives. I would suggest possibly recording this concern as a video on your cell phone to show to the service department. I would be happy to contact your local dealership to see if they would be able to use that as a diagnosis and speak to them about this concern. Please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like me to contact. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello JP-ATS,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue as well. If you are interested in me contacting your dealership as well, I would be more than happy to. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory,

How do I send a private message to you?

Regards,
    Vernon Cooke

Gregory,

How do I send a private message to you?

Regards,
    Vernon Cooke
    Hello Vernon Cooke,

I assist Gregory on the Cadillac forums. At the top of the forum towards the left there should be a tab that says private messages. If you click this tab you should be able to message us.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

Or just click on the username right of the Avatar, in the drop down choose "private message."

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Cooke
    try and shoot a video I did it with an issue I was having and it was enough to warrent a replacement

I chatted with my dealer's Service Advisor about this problem. They cited 2 software upgrades now available to me that could resolve the CUE display problem. We'll see. I am more inclined to think this is a hardware problem. Nevertheless, I will try to catch the problem with a photo image when/if it happens again.

I chatted with my dealer's Service Advisor about this problem. They cited 2 software upgrades now available to me that could resolve the CUE display problem. We'll see. I am more inclined to think this is a hardware problem. Nevertheless, I will try to catch the problem with a photo image when/if it happens again.
    Thank you for updating the thread, Vernon Cooke. I apologize for any inconvenience this is for you while trying to resolve your CUE screen flickering. Please keep us up to date and if there is anything we can assist with, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CKAmin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux

I noticed this issue just this past weekend twice on a trip to Chicago. The first time, on the drive out, I noticed it about 5.5 hrs into the drive. I didn't know what was going on and I was driving pretty fast, so I turned the system completely off and then waited about 5 minutes and turned it back on. Screen flicker was gone. I noticed that the interior storage area was also cooler.

The next time, I noticed it on the drive back home, this time about 1-2 hrs in. I had the interior, behind-screen storage area filled with gloves, my iPhone and my earmuffs. Recalling that I suspected heat issues, I took everything but the phone out of the storage area. The screen flicker stopped immediately and didn't recur for the entire trip back home (5-6 more hrs of driving).

Anybody else been able to stop the flicker by simply allowing more air circulation in the storage area? Has the software upgrade worked for anybody? Should I expect this to happen more often?

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

There have been several posts about CUE screen going blank at times. I'm wondering if there is an issue with the door not fully closing in those cases because when the door is open, the screen goes blank. Maybe a micro-switch is is not making contact or barely making contact.

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

Yes, both my ATS's did this (one car was bought back) - both times they did the usual upgrades, and eventually replaced the entire center stack, but still kept happening.
    Maybe coincidence, but I noticed that when I remove my phone from the secret compartment it never happens, if I put it back in there, starts up again - heat? radiated emission? but never does it when the phone is plugged in with the wire hanging out. It is a Motorola Droid 4G if that makes a difference to anyone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.