Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS 2.0T Upgraded Intercooler, Turbo and Exhaust w/tuning package??

19K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  syndr78 
G
#1 ·
We have been performing R&D on a bolt on kit for the ATS 2.0T. The kit would include and upgraded intercooler, turbo assembly, downpipe, optional cat-back exhaust, air intake and tuning. R&D has already begun and we have the Prototype Test Vehicle in possession, the vehicle will be displayed in our SEMA booth #20071

Before we go into production we are interested to see what you, the enthusiasts would like to see happen here... Suggestions? must have's? Want's and needs... and so forth. this is not an advertisement, there has been no production started, no kit is available at this time and we are not looking for pre-orders.

My purpose here is to gather information to see what YOU the members want... before we continue with development. Please feel free to submit any feedback in this thread, you could also contact me through PM, email or phone.

Thank you for your continued support!

#2 ·
looks like mainly people want 2 things here:

1) some form of cold-air intake system with a pretty box, utilizing locations the OEM uses to pull cool air in
2) a reduced-cost way of lowering the vehicle. maybe partner up with a spring company like H&R, eibach, etc to make that happen?

release those 2 items, you'll sell a bunch. these are both things that most people can do without fear of warranty being voided.

G
#3 ·
Thanks for your feedback ATSFL... We are working on developing both of those items. We have tuning now for the 2.0, 3.6 and the 2.5L... Not sure if we should lean towards the 2.0T or the 3.6L market first. Trying to get a feel for what is needed out there.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
i would have to agree that the 2.0 market will be the correct market for any company to go after first. always the best "bang for the buck" power mods for factory turbo models.

if you guys have any body part experience, a high quality ABS(or CF for those who really want) front add on lip would likely sell too.

G
#8 ·
We mfg carbon parts for the CTS-V, already have carbon capabilities in house... we're considering some carbon accessories for the ATS

----------

We are planning on having our ATS lowered by SEMA... all new products will be up after the show. Also launching a complete new retail website by the end of the month.

#12 ·
User-level laptop-tuning capabilities. No "canned" tune crap. I want to be able to tune my own car/have a local tuner tune my car, not make a phone call or spend more money to have someone cross-country "tune" my car.

A bolt-on turbo upgrade < $5,000 that produces ~400rwhp/TQ.

Methanol injection

2.5" and/or 3" exhaust with or without cat & resonator.

1.5" - 2" lowering springs

Aero parts. Front-lip spoiler, side-skirts...

#15 ·
HP Tuners Announces ATS 2.0T LTG and ATS 3.6 LFX Calibration Support

User-level laptop-tuning capabilities. No "canned" tune crap. I want to be able to tune my own car/have a local tuner tune my car, not make a phone call or spend more money to have someone cross-country "tune" my car.

HP Tuners has announced full support for the ATS 2.0T LTG and the ATS 3.6 LFX today:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?41916-Cadillac-support&p=334894&viewfull=1#post334894

HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.24.250 will support both the ATS 2.0T (LTG) and the ATS 3.6 (LFX):

The XTS V-Sport 3.6 Twin Turbo LF3 is also supported (in 2.24.250) and the CTS V-Sport LF3 support is being worked on!

A bolt-on turbo upgrade < $5,000 that produces ~400rwhp/TQ.
Buschur Racing already has exactly that in the works, when asked about their turbo kit, Buschur has stated that their turbo kit will likely break 400WHP and 400WTQ and will retail for < $4,000.

There are already contenders on the market right now that are selling parts at very competitive pricing.

#13 ·
While I certainly agree the best engine to focus on for serious mods is the 2.0T, I'm sure there are many 3.6 owners out there too who would be interested in a nice CAI+tune package. The 3.6 is already flex fuel from the factory and set up to run on E85 - I'm sure there's something extra powerwise there to be gained with a proper E85 tune.

Body parts - will work across all platforms, same as some new wheels specific to the ATS.

#16 ·
I would love to add some hp to my 2.0T but not interested in voiding my warranty. Was told by a GM Powertrain Manager that even if the tune is reversible, OnStar logs torque and therefore they know if stock could have yielded such values logged. Not sure that OnStar could be disabled to get around this.

G
#17 ·
We also have Tuning available via IPF Tuning for the 2.0T, 2.5L and 3.6L ATS, It has been available since June 2013, yes it may be "canned crap" but for the daily driver it is actually a very good tune and we have many satisfied customers and distributors.

As far as the Turbo upgrade kit goes... We have already developed one that produces over 400WHP. We have not decided if we are going to market with the kit if there is not enough demand.

I have had people asking for 3.6L CTS Supercharger kit for years, every time we ask for down payment and commitment to buy the market dries up really quickly...

That is my concern here. If enough of you want it, we can and will make it.

----------

We currently have an axle back exhaust system for your vehicle and are developing an air intake as well.

G
#19 ·
DiabloMike - We'll practically be neighbors! Definitely swing by and check out our booth and cars! We are very excited for SEMA and are very busy turning wrenches to get everything ready...you know that last minute SEMA rush!

-Ben

#21 ·
I have no preference how you get the power, it's a matter of price. Where the most cost efficient places to obtain more HP & TQ are is up to the tuner to discover. I don't care about underhood parts being polished or chromed; I drive with my hood closed so I'm looking for results, not looks. What can be done for under $2k? I find the Pfadt 350 package interesting because it appears to have a good HP/$ return. The car does seem to run out of breath before 6,000 rpm so any kit/parts that adds to the overall power curve and eliminates that drop off, or moves it closer to redline will be interesting to me.

#23 ·
Yeah, I was expecting the p45 kit to be around 4k. The intercooler retail price is 1200, turbos hover around 1k and a custom manifold shouldn't cost more than a few hundred. I'm curious how much it's going to cost for me to upgrade from the p35 kit to the p45. Based on listed prices, it should be 5k which seems a tad high IMO.

#27 ·
I would agree on 2.0T development, as this market will start to blossom, if good solid parts are produced at a reasonable cost, with high quality and easy bolt on with SERIOUS power, to deal with the other 2.0T's on the road such as the Mits EVO, Sube WRX, etc., the Ecotec motor has had serious development from GM corporate, as well as independents with technology shares behind it making HUGE power in the import drag world, and was a dominant force out there. This chassis is a great chassis, and with power to back it up, it will be a sought after platform to modify as the price point vs what you get is hard to beat. I would MUCH rather be driving one of these vs a EVO, or WRX, BUT, I mean BUT we need power to contend. I would say that Pfadt was a little ahead of the curve, and fizzled out before being able to realize the potential of this market, so I feel that someone is going to benefit greatly if they can produce PROVEN performance at a reasonable price, once word starts to get around about 11 second 1/4 mile ATS's taking down Mustangs, etc, this market will start to heat up. Produce a solid 500 RWHP in this car, with a low price point and easy install and the droves will come. Is it possible? Yes, I believe 100% it can be done, it's going to boil down to someone making the commitment to do it. I believe someone else on this board who blew his car up is going to go for 700-800 RWHP, which is totally doable, as in the drag world, the Ecotec motor has been proven to make 1500RWHP and 6 sec passes. enjoy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-D5j8qUnKg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.