which models have limited slip rear diff? Only premium?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, which models have limited slip rear diff? Only premium? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; thinking of getting a V6 Premium RWD, but really would need the LSD and some decent all seasons to get ...
    shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

which models have limited slip rear diff? Only premium?

thinking of getting a V6 Premium RWD, but really would need the LSD and some decent all seasons to get me through the snow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: which models have limited slip rear diff? Only premium?

LSD becomes standard @ any level with the manual on the 2.0T, on automatic its only at the premium level

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

only manual rwd and premium rwd ........ awd cars do not

Z71
    Z71 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

2014 ordering guide info

2.5 RWD = No
    2.0L Turbo RWD = yes, standard on model 6AG69 Premium 1SJ (Included and only available when (M3L) 6-speed manual transmission is ordered)
    3.6L RWD = yes, only on model 6AG69 Premium 1SS RWD (Included in equipment group)

Not available on any other models but those listed above per the 2014 ordering guide.

AVAILABLE MODELS
    RWD (6AB69)
    AWD (6AB69)
    RWD (6AC69)
    AWD (6AC69)
    RWD (6AD69)
    AWD (6AD69)
    RWD (6AG69)
    AWD (6AG69)

mdoaw12i is offline Cadillac Owners Member

doesn't make much sense to only make the LSD available wit a manual trans. Automatics have had them for years on many other cars.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by mdoaw12i View Post
    doesn't make much sense to only make the LSD available wit a manual trans. Automatics have had them for years on many other cars.
    You can get it with auto and premium trim.

The thought behind not offering it across the board is that electronic traction control is "good enough" to hold things together unless you're at WOT. Sure, the modern stuff (look at the Ford Focus or Regal GS) are both 'pretty good' without a true posi 9 times out of 10.

You could also say that GM figured anyone who got the manual trans was probably a nutjob enthusiast and they need the street cred of a true posi... and for those with an automatic, if they really wanted a posi, they'd fork over the extra cash to get premium trim.

Also FWIW you need the posi more for rollover/skid protection on a manual transmission because the computers cant limit engine power as effectively as they can with an automatic.

For the Cobals SS/HHR SS, upgrading to front Brembo brakes and adding a posi diff was only a $495 option. Cheapest factory performance upgrade ever.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    You can get it with auto and premium trim.

The thought behind not offering it across the board is that electronic traction control is "good enough" to hold things together unless you're at WOT. Sure, the modern stuff (look at the Ford Focus or Regal GS) are both 'pretty good' without a true posi 9 times out of 10.

You could also say that GM figured anyone who got the manual trans was probably a nutjob enthusiast and they need the street cred of a true posi... and for those with an automatic, if they really wanted a posi, they'd fork over the extra cash to get premium trim.

Also FWIW you need the posi more for rollover/skid protection on a manual transmission because the computers cant limit engine power as effectively as they can with an automatic.

For the Cobals SS/HHR SS, upgrading to front Brembo brakes and adding a posi diff was only a $495 option. Cheapest factory performance upgrade ever.
    lol yes I am an automotive nutjob and I LOVE my posi, I do track my car as well, quite a bit in the summer and honestly, I didn't check off manual just for the Diff, that was just a graceous extra and it really does make a difference when you drive like Ken block around town lol

*oh and yeah my CobaltSS supercharged had the G85 package, gave me recaro's and a limited slip diff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.