ATS Performance Tips & Tricks
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS Performance Tips & Tricks in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I wanted to start this post to see what others have discovered about our ATS's that might not be told ...
    MikeATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

ATS Performance Tips & Tricks

I wanted to start this post to see what others have discovered about our ATS's that might not be told at the dealership...

I'll start! WARNING: DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH RWD CARS WITHOUT TRACTION ASSISTANCE. When you push the traction control button, that's only the first level of traction off. If you hold the button down for about 5 seconds, you'll notice a second light turn on! This is the most natural (un-assisted) drive you'll get from the ATS. You're welcome!

Once again, you shouldn't try this unless you're comfortable driving without any traction assistance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jessehell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): TRS FAB powered 6MT

Re: ATS Performance Tips & Tricks

This is in the owners manual

MikeATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Sorry, I don't have time to review the entire owner's manual... Any other tips you want to point out then?
    donavo likes this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by MikeATS View Post
    Sorry, I don't have time to review the entire owner's manual... Any other tips you want to point out then?
    what's not in the manual is the short silver section on both front door handles slide forward to reveal the physical locks, the manual has you popping the whole cover off with the key, potentially damaging paint

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    what's not in the manual is the short silver section on both front door handles slide forward to reveal the physical locks, the manual has you popping the whole cover off with the key, potentially damaging paint

How does that work? I can't seem to get the silver section to budge. Does it slide toward the front of the car?

Atsco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats turbo

Yeah I can't get mine to budge either. Almost broke the damn thing. Ha ha

pull the handle for room then slide the silver part forward, it should separate from the painted part

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    pull the handle for room then slide the silver part forward, it should separate from the painted part
    Why would you need to use a key when all you have to do is press the button to unlock the car?

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

On delivery my sales lady showed me how to unlock the car if the fob died.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

interesting! and yeah I didn't have time to read the manual, I'm a full time student and I work, I like these need tricks

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Why would you need to use a key when all you have to do is press the button to unlock the car?
    two reasons:

1) if the key dies (battery or someone threw you in a pool with key in your pocket)

2) if the car battery dies

in either case your remote wont work and if you need to get in it you need the physical key hidden in the fob. You will also likely need to put the fob in its reader slot in the front left part of the ATS center console so the car can read the codes in the affected remote and authorize you to start the car.

San Diego is one of, if not THE largest Navy/Marine Corp town and occasionally the Navy will operate some equipment that jams remotes in parts of the city. the last time this happened, a couple years ago, a lot of residents in the pacific beach, mission beach, point loma and coronado ares had difficulty with car remotes and garage door openers. these folks needed to learn the backup/emergency procedures for getting in their cars and starting them.

----------

Here's a performance tip:

Far too many people use a stupid leaned way too back seating position, or sit so close their elbows can touch the wheel.

we drive a performance oriented car, stop taking your ability to perform away from yourself

the proper performancey/racey/safety way to set up you seat is to start with your feet and adjust the fore/aft position and height of the seat bottom so that you can operate the full range of your pedals AND be able to push firmly on the dead pedal in order to shove you in the seat to allow the seat bolsters to hold you. then adjust your steering wheel and seat back so that with your arms locked your wrist can rest on the top of the steering wheel without your shoulders losing contact with the seat, this will give you the proper bend to your arms when at the 3 and 9 position. avoid driving at anything higher than 10 and 2 or your going to punch yourself in the face if your airbag is deployed (10 and 2 might still be a little too high for this reason, and the too close sitters will be seriously injured by the airbag). Lastly, adjust your mirrors (adjusting mirrors to unhide blindspots coming in a future tip)
    GJB likes this.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Some very good advice. Thanks POW.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

hehe...I just left San Diego, retired Navy. I was a radar technician/operator. :P

I wonder if someone accidentally radiated my radar in-port incorrectly....that'll definitely mess some shizz up.

Who knows, maybe when that event happened it was ME? buwahahaha

4-6 MegaWatts of energy will do that....

HAHA!! ^.^;;

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiFD3S View Post
    hehe...I just left San Diego, retired Navy. I was a radar technician/operator. :P

I wonder if someone accidentally radiated my radar in-port incorrectly....that'll definitely mess some shizz up.

Who knows, maybe when that event happened it was ME? buwahahaha

4-6 MegaWatts of energy will do that....

HAHA!! ^.^;;
    you saying that makes think it was you too, that event lasted for a couple weeks

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeATS View Post
    I'll start! WARNING: DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH RWD CARS WITHOUT TRACTION ASSISTANCE. When you push the traction control button, that's only the first level of traction off. If you hold the button down for about 5 seconds, you'll notice a second light turn on! This is the most natural (un-assisted) drive you'll get from the ATS. You're welcome!
    Alright, I'll admit, I didn't read all of the owner's manual. Thanks for sharing. This is pretty cool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.