Official Wheel and Tire Thread
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Official Wheel and Tire Thread in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just thought it would be easier to make a thread so all the questions on wheels and tires are in ...
    greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Official Wheel and Tire Thread

Just thought it would be easier to make a thread so all the questions on wheels and tires are in one place. Please feel free to post pics here.

Currently I am doing research into getting a set of staggered 20's.
    Has this been done before or am I pioneering this one?

this is the setup I am looking at.
    https://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/W...lver1&SKU=8904
    Thoughts?

Please post pics of your setups. Trying to get ideas.
    Just picked up my ATS today. its a 2013 2.0t standard with 6 speed manual.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

clutch750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 AWD 2.0T Performance

Re: Official Wheel and Tire Thread

Those have a bolt pattern of 114.3 not 115. others have done it but Not sure if I would risk it. Plus with 20 I believe you have to go with a 30 series sidewall. My biggest thing that I am looking for is off set
    a couple of companys already put 20's on the ats

^ i thought 114.3 was the proper bolt pattern. still learning. i ve literally had the car for an hour.

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

GM cars have a 115mm bolt pattern and only they use it so the wheel selection is limited. 114.3mm is close but not the same. A lot of people put 114.3mm wheels on a 115mm bolt pattern but I personally didn't feel comfortable doing that. Loosing a wheel a high speed or in a hard turn would not be pretty.

After searching tire rack and a bunch of other sites I couldn't find any wheels I liked online. Ultimately I ordered a set of Lexani wheels through a local shop, which came from from the factory blank so they can be drilled to any bolt pattern. I had to wait 6 weeks but I couldn't be happier with them. I'm also loving the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.

^ thanks good info to know.

----------

so vossen has the cv3 in a 115 bolt pattern 20x8.5 for the front 20x10 for the rear. Do yall think it would work? and what size tires would I need. I AM NOT gonna ever lower it. front tire shouldnt be a problem but im worried about the rear. 275/30/20? opinions?

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

If you chat up some of the better known wheel companies, they will custom drill a 5x115 bolt pattern. Most charge $100 for the set or at most $200 for the set to be drilled to our bolt pattern, and hub. The wheels i'm looking to get are 19x8.5, and 19x10. They look amazing, and with correct bolt pattern, and hub, i'm looking at $1596. Not bad for a nice set of wheels.

AirBusPilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I like that wheel design.

It's the offset where it gets sticky. You probably need about a ~33mm for the 8.5", and ~50mm for a 10". Don't take this as gospel, as I'm going by memory and pure guess.

See post #10:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post10609921

Pfadt just came out with a killer looking wheel in the right offset and bolt pattern. I doubt, however, they'll give out the offset info. (The wheels are $5k+)

I guess my other wheel threads I should have put official in the title looks like this one is getting allot of looks
    AirBusPilot likes this.

Mods should combine all wheel threads and make a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch750 View Post
    I guess my other wheel threads I should have put official in the title looks like this one is getting allot of looks
    im new here and meant no disrespect just thought it would be helpful to have one thread to use as a compendium source for wheel and tire knowledge.

I have seen the pfadt wheels. I like em but not 6k like em. listed at $5995 and thats just wheels no tires. Thats baller status wheels.

Im in contact with Vossen. We are gonna make it happen. Just trying to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    im new here and meant no disrespect just thought it would be helpful to have one thread to use as a compendium source for wheel and tire knowledge.

I have seen the pfadt wheels. I like em but not 6k like em. listed at $5995 and thats just wheels no tires. Thats baller status wheels.

Im in contact with Vossen. We are gonna make it happen. Just trying to be patient.
    I was just joking around. I agree we need one thread to sort this out. the biggest thing that should be stickied is

AWD
    Width size
    Offset size

RWD
    Front Rear width size and offset

Here's where Im at. Have made contact with Vossen. They are researching the ATS. If they say yes then its a go. If no go, then I might go with the cadillac 19's. They look good but are expensive. Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

I like the pfadt wheels but the price is just insane for me. If they were half the price, definitely would. Hope pfadt would come out with a cheaper "less baller" version. They' d sell like hotcakes at $2500 in my opinion.

Wheel options for this car SUCKS!!!!

----------

Actually thought about reaching out to D3 as well. seen where that what someone on here had done. supposedly they have options. time will tell. But im giving Vossen a shot first.

Anyone else like Vossens? Maybe we could harass them into a group buy.

Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    Here's where Im at. Have made contact with Vossen. They are researching the ATS. If they say yes then its a go. If no go, then I might go with the cadillac 19's. They look good but are expensive. Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

I like the pfadt wheels but the price is just insane for me. If they were half the price, definitely would. Hope pfadt would come out with a cheaper "less baller" version. They' d sell like hotcakes at $2500 in my opinion.

Wheel options for this car SUCKS!!!!

----------

Actually thought about reaching out to D3 as well. seen where that what someone on here had done. supposedly they have options. time will tell. But im giving Vossen a shot first.

Anyone else like Vossens. Maybe we could harass them into a group buy.
    I sent D3 an email about 3 weeks ago about their TSW's.

Never heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBusPilot View Post
    I sent D3 an email about 3 weeks ago about their TSW's.

Never heard back.
    ewww hate to hear that. I tend to get spirited when I have to. Oh well. D3 is far down on the list of options as of right now.

which wheels bro? link.

----------

i want these so bad
    http://www.vossenwheels.com/wheels/VVSCV3.aspx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.