2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My 2013 ATS has no fog lights and I wanted to get some installed, but I like the way the ...
    Exclusiveink is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any?

My 2013 ATS has no fog lights and I wanted to get some installed, but I like the way the stock fog lights look. Is it possible to have them installed through the dealer? I do not want to get some cheap after market ones. And I rather have them installed right. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks this is my first post and I'm enjoying my car so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Renovatis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Re: 2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any?

The simple answer is yes it is possible.

You would have to order the "Performance" model fog light bezel and fog light for both sides from the dealer. They looked as though they were interchangeable between models via GM diagrams. Because the Standard and Luxury models use a different front end wiring harness, you would have to wire them up yourself. Something that is relatively simply if you know what you're doing.

I have thought about doing this, but because the parts seem like they are only available through the dealership and because I am only leasing my ATS, I have decided against it.

Hope this helps.

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

the other option you have is installing aftermarket LED lights like some of us did

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...obsession.html

take a look at this it might be healpefull
    matthewmugar likes this.

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it

I called the dealer today to inquire about the fog lights and they said it would be too much of a hassle to install the fog lights in my car since it did not come with any. And that my car is not wired for them. They said I would have to get the lights from a wrecked car and then go from there. I don't know if they were just brushing me off cause I waited on hold for a while and the parts person had a rude attitude. I really like the way the stock fog lights look that's why I wanted to go through the dealer. I figured they would know what they are doing.

image.jpg
    This is a picture of the fog lights I was looking for

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the dealer you talked with was half correct

yes, it is hard because the wiring is not there - it becomes a custom job and dealers don't like custom jobs
    no, you don't need get them from a wrecked car you can buy new parts

so if you want to get it done order the parts and have a local custom shop do the install for you
    just beware that it's not going to be cheap and you may (or rather, probably will) run into complications either initially, down the road, or both
    that's just the cost of customizing
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Try another dealer, some are staffed with great folks that are enthusiasts themselves and like helping people some are not, unfortunately a lot of Cadillac stores have been around a long time and are stuck in their ways... anything beyond adding a simulated convertible top and you're speaking martian to them.

----------

EDIT....and what RIPPY said

i also agree with pissedoffwookiee's comment ... another dealer may be willing to be the aforementioned 'custom shop' ... most won't ... we sublet out that work ourselves to a local custom shop

more importantly ... find a dealer that is willing to satisfy you as a customer (at whatever lengths it may take)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks for the replies.

I do not know much about wiring or mechanical stuff. If I get the lights would I need to get a switch to turn them of and on or is it possible to use the existing switch on my car? I would like to have the lights look and function as close as stock as possible.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Honestly, for ME, this would be a straightforward job as I've been heavily modifying cars for a few years now, but if you really aren't that familiar with cars this MIGHT not be something you'd want to screw around with.

Oh and to answer, yes, you can wire them up to the lights to have them function like the factory ones. I dont have those lights, but I've seen them and seen the harness so I know its possible, but I have a lease (which I dont know if I'm buying out) and at this point they've just not worth the HUGE expense, such money could be spent on more go fast bits

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

there is one fog light for sale on ebay for $250 can you imagine what the dealer will ask for them plus labor? it will be close to $1k. I think its insane to pay for something like that.

list price is about $141 for each "daytime running lamp" in the lower bumper

i'm not really sure these cars actually have proper fog lights

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Yeah they're more like auxillary lamps... I wish we could take those panels out and have air ducts made there for the brakes or engine bay.

Renovatis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Yeah they're more like auxillary lamps... I wish we could take those panels out and have air ducts made there for the brakes or engine bay.
    D3's bumper did that for their CAI. Technically you could do that same but you would be able to see the tabs...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.