2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Got a parts estimate from the dealer. Roughly $150 for the 'daytime running light', $50 for the brake duct cover ...
    mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: 2013 ATS is it possible to install fog lights if my car does not have any?

Got a parts estimate from the dealer. Roughly $150 for the 'daytime running light', $50 for the brake duct cover and $60 for the horizontal trim across the break duct. From the diagram I saw, it also looks like you would need a wiring harness to plug the lights into...which along with $500 in parts, makes this tough. The LED mods people have done look nice, I'm just waiting for a guide to get the lights as flush as possible with the brake duct cover.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    Got a parts estimate from the dealer. Roughly $150 for the 'daytime running light', $50 for the brake duct cover and $60 for the horizontal trim across the break duct. From the diagram I saw, it also looks like you would need a wiring harness to plug the lights into...which along with $500 in parts, makes this tough. The LED mods people have done look nice, I'm just waiting for a guide to get the lights as flush as possible with the brake duct cover.
    I'm with you. I'll wait until some one makes LED lights that fit just right into the brake duct.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I was actually looking at a mercedes yesterday that had those Ebay lights (obviously on the merc they were OEM) and even theres aren't flush

but if it matters that much I bet some clever dremel work can make them flush

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

yes thats exactely what i was going to say the DRl lights on C class and E class are not flush they stick out even more then mine which are aftermarket

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Yeah they're more like auxillary lamps... I wish we could take those panels out and have air ducts made there for the brakes or engine bay.
    I'm betting such parts will exist when they do the ATS V - retrofitting them to a regular ATS may be difficult, but that's been my thought as well. I hate things that look like ducts/grills but are solid panels.

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

By the way, the D3 bumper has an air duct with an LED accent that looks fantastic. It doesn't fit a stock bumper so you need to go all in with the D3 bumper and side skirt package....which is again is very expensive.

stephencsombok is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Anybody have a site where we can order the parts direct and cut out the dealer?

Thanks!

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

direct from where? GM?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Gmpartsdirect.com

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by louie1487 View Post
    Gmpartsdirect.com
    have fun with their deceptive shipping charges
    louie1487 likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by stephencsombok View Post
    Anybody have a site where we can order the parts direct and cut out the dealer?

Thanks!
    Not understanding that. Are you saying you would pay MORE to avoid buying from a dealer? Because some dealers are the cheapest place to get factory parts.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    ... Because some dealers are the cheapest place to get factory parts.
    Fully agree. I used to get my BMW parts from a dealership in NJ. Even with shipping, the parts were quite a bit less than those from my local BMW dealerships (Braman and Vista, if anyone cares to know).

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I want some actual fog lights, not just daytime running lights. The cadillac DRLs look fine but I want something that is an actual fog light grill kit (and DRL leds would be an added bonus) but no one makes such a thing. I am beginning to think about customizing the lower side grills myself to add a fog light but without any form of housing or brackets, I just have no idea how to go about it while trying to hide everything so it looks clean and factory like....Maybe the ole ebay method and a 3" hole saw? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Pr...12a5f4&vxp=mtr

jessehell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): TRS FAB powered 6MT

Hmmm, what about a 3d printed brake duct that uses factory tabs and such... It's not leds, but it would give some functionality

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jessehell View Post
    Hmmm, what about a 3d printed brake duct that uses factory tabs and such... It's not leds, but it would give some functionality
    But it would still need to have design for fog light housing as well as the brake duct grill all to make one piece. Any idea how to do that?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.