Hard shaking at around 40mph
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Hard shaking at around 40mph in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Have been noticing lately that the car starts shaking really hard around 40mph. It seems that just as I am ...
    Delirious316 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5

Hard shaking at around 40mph

Have been noticing lately that the car starts shaking really hard around 40mph. It seems that just as I am about to hit 40mph with low throttle it happens.

Also as I left work today, on the highway going at about 55-60mph, for some crazy reason the car just dropped down to 2nd gear. I quickly switched to the Tap shift when it happened and it showed it was on 2nd. shifted up and didn't happen again.
    As if the trembling at idle isn't enough now this...

2.5 engine just hit 6,000mi

anyone else have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Hard shaking at around 40mph

Quote Originally Posted by Delirious316 View Post
    Have been noticing lately that the car starts shaking really hard around 40mph. It seems that just as I am about to hit 40mph with low throttle it happens.

Also as I left work today, on the highway going at about 55-60mph, for some crazy reason the car just dropped down to 2nd gear. I quickly switched to the Tap shift when it happened and it showed it was on 2nd. shifted up and didn't happen again.
    As if the trembling at idle isn't enough now this...

2.5 engine just hit 6,000mi

anyone else have this problem?
    Hello Delirious316,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a hard shaking in your ATS. Have you taken your vehicle to the dealership to have them see if they were able to recreate the issue? If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.