First visit back to dealer since April
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, First visit back to dealer since April in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I returned my car purchased April 19th now with 3500K to have some warranty work and pre delivery cosmetic fixes ...
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

First visit back to dealer since April

I returned my car purchased April 19th now with 3500K to have some warranty work and pre delivery cosmetic fixes done and for them to look at a list of items for me. First off Lindsay of Alexandria was great and they exceeded my expatiations. I do have to go back in a week or so to have my windshield replaced because it does have some passenger side distorted optic thing going on and this will require some GM coordination.

They took care of the Pre delivery cosmetic things I had identified no questions asked, and performed the following Service updates:

#13198 For HVAC System performance (June 28, 2013). I had not had any issues or complaints but this was an open required bulletin for the car.
    #13196 Right or left low beam Failure DIC Message (Aug 2, 2013). I had this error message 2x months ago and never again but they tracked down this bulletin which earned them points with me.
    #2810625 Power steering control module . I had told service manager that I had read on this forum that there was an update and asked them to apply it.

Now what they were not able to help with:

I asked if they had an update that could be applied so that the car would stay in sport mode. No joy on this yet....

My voice prompt setting reverts from short back to long. Damn thing did not do it when hey had it for 3 days and I know they checked because when they pulled it up CUE had many fingerprints on it and I checked it and it was on short!

HD radio not holding a station. I was handed a GM Bulletin Document ID 3416698 #PIC5854 that explains this is all normal. Well I listened to my HD all the way home and it did not drop once in 40 Min, I'll be dammed... so I'm 0 for 2.

to sum it up good experience they exceeded my expatiations and looked into everything I asked them to and really looked even if they could not find something.

Worth the hour drive to go to Lindsay even though there is another dealer 6 miles 10 min from my home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: First visit back to dealer since April

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    I returned my car purchased April 19th now with 3500K to have some warranty work and pre delivery cosmetic fixes done and for them to look at a list of items for me. First off Lindsay of Alexandria was great and they exceeded my expatiations. I do have to go back in a week or so to have my windshield replaced because it does have some passenger side distorted optic thing going on and this will require some GM coordination.

They took care of the Pre delivery cosmetic things I had identified no questions asked, and performed the following Service updates:

#13198 For HVAC System performance (June 28, 2013). I had not had any issues or complaints but this was an open required bulletin for the car.
    #13196 Right or left low beam Failure DIC Message (Aug 2, 2013). I had this error message 2x months ago and never again but they tracked down this bulletin which earned them points with me.
    #2810625 Power steering control module . I had told service manager that I had read on this forum that there was an update and asked them to apply it.

Now what they were not able to help with:

I asked if they had an update that could be applied so that the car would stay in sport mode. No joy on this yet....

My voice prompt setting reverts from short back to long. Damn thing did not do it when hey had it for 3 days and I know they checked because when they pulled it up CUE had many fingerprints on it and I checked it and it was on short!

HD radio not holding a station. I was handed a GM Bulletin Document ID 3416698 #PIC5854 that explains this is all normal. Well I listened to my HD all the way home and it did not drop once in 40 Min, I'll be dammed... so I'm 0 for 2.

to sum it up good experience they exceeded my expatiations and looked into everything I asked them to and really looked even if they could not find something.

Worth the hour drive to go to Lindsay even though there is another dealer 6 miles 10 min from my home.
    Hello GJB,

I am glad to hear that the dealership was able to address many of the issues you were experiencing. I am sorry to hear that they were not able to duplicate your voice prompt and that the HD radio was determined to be normal. I’m glad that it didn’t drop in the forty minutes. I will be sure to document the sport mode concern and pass it along to the correct group within our organization. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.