Question About ATS Remote Start
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By pissedoffwookiee
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Question About ATS Remote Start in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hello, I tried to search the forum on 'Remote Start' but the loading icon just spins seemingly forever so I ...
    ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance

Question About ATS Remote Start

Hello,

I tried to search the forum on 'Remote Start' but the loading icon just spins seemingly forever so I figured I'd just make a post.

I own an 2.0L Turbo Performance with Remote Start and I'm wondering how to use this feature.

The dealership told me to push and hold the button that looks like a half circle and the engine will turn on. However, nothing happens when I do this.

I consulted the manual and read the instructions. To remote start the car I have to lock it, hold the half circle button until the lights flash and then press the brake pedal to turn the car on. I haven't done this yet because I don't understand the point of this remote start feature if step 3 makes me have to get into the car to turn it on?

I guess I thought a remote start would mean I can turn the car on from outside the car. Instead, it seems I have to actually be in the car to remote start it? Something is cooky doo with these instructions or maybe I'm just not understanding.

Is it just me not getting it or should I take my car in for maintenance?

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: Question About ATS Remote Start

the remote start is a two step process and yes it works like you assumed it would

you 1) press lock 2) then immediatley hold the circle button until it starts, thats it 2 steps

when you unlock the running car and get in you'll notice the car is off, only the engine is running in order to run the climate control, you just start the car as you normally would with the foot on the brake and you'll see the dash come to life like a normal start.

the point is to pre-cool the car on a hot day from several hundred feet away or pre-heat the car on a cold day

the point of hitting lock first is for security, the car checks if its safe to start the doors have to be closed and so do the hood and trunk and while remote started no one can get in like any other locked car.

the car will run for 10 minutes at a time and you can only do it twice between actual starts

if you want to shut off a remotely started car just hold the circle button

if you need farther than several hundred feet, you can do this from the onstar app ....like from your desk in a high rise building so that when you get to your car the interior feels how you like it to feel.

my favorite way to use it is to maintain the interior temp i like when running errands, say stopping at the store for milk. I get out remote start it and go in get what i need and come out to my car nice and cool on a hot day, or if my toddler is sleeping in the car i can keep her cool and safe in a non operating car while i take a minute to get the mail
    ben.gators, Yplus and xtheunknown like this.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Thanks to this post I've been using this for a week. It's so fun!

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

Now if only the adaptive part would work for me lol...having to remember to leave your ac on high sucks.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You do not have to leave the AC fan speed on high. Just leave the AC on, set a target temperature, and set the speed to "AUTO" which is the button to the bottom left on the AC faceplate. This should adaptively set your fan speed depending on the ambient temperature in your car, and your pre-selected target temperature.

ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    Thanks wookie and java girl. It's super hot here like 100 degrees so I'll be trying this out before running some errands today. I already set the auto to on and set a temperature so the fan I guess will just blast on high until the desired temperature is reached before slowing down.

Sounds like a cool feature!

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    Thanks wookie and java girl. It's super hot here like 100 degrees so I'll be trying this out before running some errands today. I already set the auto to on and set a temperature so the fan I guess will just blast on high until the desired temperature is reached before slowing down.

Sounds like a cool feature!
    Be sure to press lock first.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.