2013 2.0T 6spd stalling... - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 2.0T 6spd stalling... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Stalled again tonight. That's 2 days in a row!...
    jae7373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance AWD
    Stalled again tonight. That's 2 days in a row!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Re: 2013 2.0T 6spd stalling...

NHTSA Filed
    Your Confirmation Number (ODI Number) is: 10549456

I URGE the rest of you to please file a complaint also!

I would even like to go as far as adding to the beginning of this thread or another thread the users who are having this issue and the ODI # from the NHTSA when they filed their complaint.
    (Even though it should be by user) I will go as far as share my description of problem so that it will take literally 2 minutes to file a complaint.

My description below
    --------------------------
    Approximate Incident Date:01/08/2013
    Vehicle mileage at time of incident:1,500
    Vehicle speed at time of incident:5 (mph)
    Affected Parts:Engine, Electrical, Fuel/Propulsion System
    Fire: No
    Crash: No
    Injury or Fatality:No

Tell us what happended:
    When coasting to come to a stop the vehicle engine will stall. This has happened numerous times since the first incident in January. This is a 6 speed manual transmission equipped vehicle, and the transmission is either in neutral or the clutch pedal is depressed so that the engine/transmission are decoupled. I have been able to watch the tachometer when it has stalled twice, and it seems to get to a lower RPM than normal (<500RPM) and then the engine just shuts off, very abruptly. It has also happened when slowing to take a turn with the clutch pedal depressed, which is very difficult to get back started as you are trying to drive and not cause an accident. I have reported this to the dealer, and they have tried to diagnose it, however no fix has happened. It will normally stall about once every week or so, it is very intermittent and seems more often with a higher load on the engine (hot days, A/C running, etc...). The dealer went as far as to blame me for stalling the vehicle, they said I didn't disengage the clutch at a high enough RPM which is completely untrue and regardless the car was in neutral and I was coasting to a stop (therefore it would be impossible to stall the vehicle in gear). I am not the only one with this issue, there have been numerous people on forums complaining of the same issue.

----------

I made another thread to try consolidate all of us.
    I was surprised we have 11 users currently having this issue in this thread alone!.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11191297

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I suggest a separate thread for that with a title that actually asks people with the problem to file a report. And if there is a way to search reports like this on the NHTSA web site, include a link directly to the search results so we can easily see reports from people who aren't on the forum or are but don't post here

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I made another thread to try consolidate all of us.
    I was surprised we have 11 users currently having this issue in this thread alone!.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11191297
    Do you think we can get your new thread promoted to a sticky?

bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

NHTSA COMPLAINT
    Your Confirmation Number (ODI Number) is: 10549521

Quote Originally Posted by jae7373 View Post

Do you think we can get your new thread promoted to a sticky?
    I'm not sure, would be nice. I've never contacted a moderator before, however I can ask. Or if you feel up to it, please do.

TamrocATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

This whole thread and the fact that it still hasn't been addressed is just about to sway me out of my purchase decision of a 2014 6mt.....

Off to Infiniti I guess...and I really wanted this car.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TamrocATS View Post
    This whole thread and the fact that it still hasn't been addressed is just about to sway me out of my purchase decision of a 2014 6mt.....

Off to Infiniti I guess...and I really wanted this car.
    The power of social media to connect consumers will someday require companies to change how they do business. Traditional marketing will become less important, and quality/customer service will become more important; that is, a company's greatest marketing opportunities will come from satisfied consumers. It is not as far away as people may think.

TamrocATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Hey guys,

I made a post on Cadillac's facebook page.

I very much want to place my order for a 2014...but I can't see myself doing that until the issue is resolved.

Its time to launch a social media awareness campaign. Very simple. Everyone who has seen this thread or dealt with the issues, make a post on Cadillacs Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages with links to this thread. Trust me, it is a VERY EFFECTIVE way to draw attention to an issue. And as a loyal GM fan...I can say that this is FOR GM, not against GM... I believe this issue has just been stuck at the middle management level....we simply need to by-pass whatever idiots are holding up the solution.

MAKE A POST.
    and send a message as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/cadillac?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/Cadillac

TWITTER is by far more important than the facebook. Make a tweet! Make things happen guys.

Cheers.

bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I disagree with the social media step at this point in time... I think everyone needs to start a lemon law case, so that this issue can become an epidemic for GM, and then Cadillac/GM will hopefully place a recall out for these vehicles. This is a very serious issue and not safe at all.....

Hey guys,

I very much want to place my order for a 2014...but I can't see myself doing that until the issue is resolved.

Its time to launch a social media awareness campaign. Very simple. Everyone who has seen this thread or dealt with the issues, make a post on Cadillacs Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages with links to this thread. Trust me, it is a VERY EFFECTIVE way to draw attention to an issue. And as a loyal GM fan...I can say that this is FOR GM, not against GM... I believe this issue has just been stuck at the middle management level....we simply need to by-pass whatever idiots are holding up the solution.

MAKE A POST.

TWITTER is by far more important than the facebook. Make a tweet! Make things happen guys.

Cheers.
    If you are going to do this, also link to this thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-affected.html and not just because I started it, but mainly because the 1st post gets the message across pretty effectively!.

I also agree with bboren994, this needs to be raised to a serious level ASAP, any love I've had for GM over the years has dwindled to almost non-existent.

Hey guys,

MAKE A POST.

Cheers.
    I've been tweeting every time mine stalls. I direct my tweets to @CadillacCustSvc @Cadillac @NHTSAgov and usually include a #ATS #ATSStall #lemon. They tipically respond right away but usually only say they are updating my case.

Here are my tweets --> https://twitter.com/joeevans73

Quote Originally Posted by bboren994 View Post
    I disagree with the social media step at this point in time... I think everyone needs to start a lemon law case, so that this issue can become an epidemic for GM, and then Cadillac/GM will hopefully place a recall out for these vehicles. This is a very serious issue and not safe at all.....
    I say all of the above! Social Media, NHTSA and Lemon!

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

ive read everything about this issue so far. its very hard to imgine this happening. i also have a 6 spd manual but i dont think it has stalled on its own. a few times i was surprised that it was stalled, because i THOUGHT i had pressed the clutch at the red light. but i just brushed it off as my fault. hasnt really happened as obviously as you guys are noticing it. hopefully it doesnt i guess. or they figure out whats causing this issue for everyone, and fix it, preventing it from happening on cars that have been lucky so far.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

5000 miles and no stall, just lucky I guess.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Laura and I are not ignoring this thread. We have been reaching out to various internal resources regarding this and are looking into the situation. We have also documented the concerns of those who have contacted us. If you haven’t contacted us regarding this issue yet, please feel free to if you would like our assistance. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.