2013 2.0T 6spd stalling... - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 2.0T 6spd stalling... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ATTENTION ALL WITH STALLING ISSUE I am having the same issue, I have posted about it before. I am currently ...
    bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: 2013 2.0T 6spd stalling...

ATTENTION ALL WITH STALLING ISSUE I am having the same issue, I have posted about it before. I am currently in the Lemon Law process with GM for this issue. Some of you should consider the same, since this seems to be a huge and common issue and since Cadillac and GM are never able to duplicate or fix.....

Good luck to all....
    Muffin likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

jae7373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance AWD

I'm in the Lemon Law process with GM as well. Mine stalled again this morning, slowing down at a stop light, in neutral. So far its a joke, GM's alternative dispute team offered me free maintenance for 2 years, seemingly unaware that all new Cadillacs come with 4 years of maintenance included. Plus you know a free oil chance will do wonders for random stalling.

I think it's great (obviously its sucky but you know what I mean) that you have correlated it to speed bumps. I've thought it was random to this point, so if it could be duplicated easily by driving over a speed bump, we might have a chance of figuring out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by listrats View Post
    And I thought I was just being foolish since I was driving auto for so long....Anytime I put into nuertral to pass a speedbump theres a chance of it happening...at least a total of 10 times in the 3 weeks I've had the car (as I pass speedbumps daily)....

Love to know what the reason is..

----------

One more thing... I thought if we could tweet @Cadillac @GM @NHTSAgov every time it happened we could illustrate the frequency so GM knows its an issue. I put a #lemon at the end but perhaps a #ATSStall would be more descriptive. Who's with me?

bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

[QUOTE=jae7373;11078298]I think it's great (obviously its sucky but you know what I mean) that you have correlated it to speed bumps. I've thought it was random to this point, so if it could be duplicated easily by driving over a speed bump, we might have a chance of figuring out the problem.

[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

My stalling has nothing to do with speedbumps.

Quote Originally Posted by bboren994 View Post
    I am having the same issue, I have posted about it before. I am currently in the Lemon Law process with GM for this issue.
    Where are you at with them?

listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

I don't think its the physical motion the car goes through the speedbump but I think the speedbump is the most common time where I pop a car into neutral and slowly come to a stop, by the time im over the speedbump im completely stopped (These suckers are enormous). The speedbump could mean nothing but I tend to only have the issue when coming to a complete stop from a speed of above 10mph and then putting into neutral and drifting to a stop. The speedbump just happens to be the most common time it happens since I drive over at least 15-20 of these huge things a day for my daily commute.

I have it in the service department they are checking on it while I have a loaner. I will let everyone know if they offer and helpful feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jae7373 View Post
    I think it's great (obviously its sucky but you know what I mean) that you have correlated it to speed bumps. I've thought it was random to this point, so if it could be duplicated easily by driving over a speed bump, we might have a chance of figuring out the problem.

----------

One more thing... I thought if we could tweet @Cadillac @GM @NHTSAgov every time it happened we could illustrate the frequency so GM knows its an issue. I put a #lemon at the end but perhaps a #ATSStall would be more descriptive. Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by listrats View Post
    . I will let everyone know if they offer and helpful feedback
    I wouldn't count on that!

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

See listen carefully if the dealer can't duplicate it you are SOL. SOL. That's how GM has been getting away with this issue. No code NO can do. So you are SOL every time you take it back the guarenttee answer is no problem can't duplicate no fix no pass go for you.gm is out to f. Everyone they can you can lemon law all you want BUT I say again no code no duplicate you are screwed

----------

I should know I was one of the first to lemon law this car and no resolution so far be prepared for arbitration GM does not listen. It's all about money

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

So the dealer said that the reason the car keeps stalling is because the rpm's are dropping below 550 when coming to a stop and that this is normal operation of the vehicle. So, no fix.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There is some bone-headed goofball engineer in Detroit who is in love with his idea to do this. The moron should have realized that:

a) not only should first gear be exempt from his silly < 1/2 inch clutch release @ < 550 RPM rule, but neutral should be exempt as well, and then
    b) his whole idea, flowchart and code should be wadded up, burnt, and sprinkled on the foot which kicks his rear end out of the entire state of Michigan.

You guys are probably screwed. You will never be able to get in touch with the source of this stupidity, and you will never be able to talk to the right people who know who he is...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jae7373 View Post
    Here is what my dealer told me on Friday. They claim to have reached out to both the ATS quality brand manager and the ATS powertrain manager. They were unable to duplicate but believe this scenario is likely: IF you are in any gear but first with the clutch out (even .5" off the floor) and the RPMs fall below 600, the ECM assumes a stall is emanate and kills the engine preemptively. I contend that if your foot is off the clutch all the way, in a gear, that the coupling of the trans to the flywheel will slow the engine to below an appropriate started recognition speed and stall the engine on its own, it does not need help. The idea of killing the engine at speeds < 600 even with the clutch "out" is insane. All it takes is a little stumble because of the AC compressor kicking on and engine speed could easily fall momentary and safely recover. It seems they are trying to save the clutch with software when I contend the benefit of the engine running should be afforded to the driver, for safety. I understand the concept of what they are trying to do and why it could makes sense. However, it obviously is effecting real world driving in situations that surely are not intended for the ECM to intervene. I've asked the dealer to have the ATS powertrain manger contact me, the dealer acted like they would try but made it seem unlikely that they would be willing to have a conversation with me.
    Read my post above for my take on this.

Finally, if I were a betting person, I would wager that said engineer does not know how to drive a manual transmission car.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

I am sure a tuner on here could figure it out before GM does.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I've reached out to a tuner to see if they can remove that silly engine cutoff or raise the idle slightly to never get to that point, we shall see.

My car currently has a data logger attached to my car and in my possession. Sure hope I can capture something without being killed in a collision.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Which data logger are you using?..
    I have a couple of options, however not sure if Torque or OBD Link logs all of the data that would be useful. It seems the PID's it has the options to log don't cover all the sensors for the engine.. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I'll likely start logging with the tuning cable/Trifecta software as I believe that captures everything that's pertinent. Unfortunately though it's a pain in the ass to setup every time I go somewhere, considering it only stalls once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Which data logger are you using?..
    I have a couple of options, however not sure if Torque or OBD Link logs all of the data that would be useful. It seems the PID's it has the options to log don't cover all the sensors for the engine.. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I'll likely start logging with the tuning cable/Trifecta software as I believe that captures everything that's pertinent. Unfortunately though it's a pain in the ass to setup every time I go somewhere, considering it only stalls once in a while.
    It is a "GM Kent Moore J-42598 B" It's not so bad, except I have to step over the cable attached to the OBDII port. Not sure what all it logs, I'm not sure the dealer knows either! I'm hoping it happens within a week though because it is kinda a pain

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.