2013 2.0T 6spd stalling... - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 2.0T 6spd stalling... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have about 4000 miles and mine stalled twice this past week waiting at lights....
    mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: 2013 2.0T 6spd stalling...

I have about 4000 miles and mine stalled twice this past week waiting at lights.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    I have about 4000 miles and mine stalled twice this past week waiting at lights.
    Hello mechevar,

I am sorry your vehicle stalled twice this past week while waiting at lights. I understand your annoyance with this situation. Are you going to bring it by the dealer to have them check it out? Let us know if you would like to further discuss this concern with us. We can be contacted via private message and look forward to assisting you throughout this matter.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ATS2.0T6M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Just now becoming a part of this forum, so please excuse me if I plow any old ground. I have a 2.0T with 6-speed manual. Current mileage is 10,331 after just shy of 6 months. Mine had the coast & stall issue, too. I thought it was an unhappy Turbo or wastegate. I took it to the dealer (who has treated me quite well, by the way) for an oil change. They were able to address this issue with a sensor. No issues since for that form of stalling.
    A couple of weeks ago, I went back for the next oil change, which they said needs to be at less than7500 miles on the turbos. They kept the car for a week to change the pan gasket and other seals that were causing an oil leak.
    Last Friday, I left work for lunch. When I shifted to 2nd, the car stalled for just a second (totally dead), then picked up as normal. I was wondering how the heck I did that...
    Next stop light, I turned left, shifted to 2nd, and it died hard. I was stuck in the middle of a very busy Ft. Worth street for 45 minutes waiting on a tow. Definitely an electrical issue. Flashers worked, but nothing else. OnStar was dead. Had a long armed friend reach the trunk release to check the battery. Nothing evident. As of yesterday, it had a melted fuse block (don't know which one). Changed it today. Now it needs one of the computers. If it arrives tomorrow, we will see if it works.

jae7373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ATS2.0T6M View Post
    They were able to address this issue with a sensor. No issues since for that form of stalling.
    What sensor did they replace?

ATS2.0T6M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

According to the service order, it says:"Changed CS Position Solenoid Valve"
    Ref doc #2814778

I haven't found reference document.

sd vidiot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6M

Wow, same intermitent problem for me with a "quiet stall" while coasting to a stop. If I recall, my foot has completed depressed the clutch each time. It happened 4 times in a two week period. I brought it in for service and they couldn't replicate the problem and thus could neither diagnose or fix the problem. I have had the car back for two weeks and it hasn't happened again.

Quote Originally Posted by sd vidiot View Post
    Wow, same intermitent problem for me with a "quiet stall" while coasting to a stop. If I recall, my foot has completed depressed the clutch each time. It happened 4 times in a two week period. I brought it in for service and they couldn't replicate the problem and thus could neither diagnose or fix the problem. I have had the car back for two weeks and it hasn't happened again.
    Hello sd vidiot,

I am sorry for the intermittent stalling issue you are experiencing with your ATS. I understand how this can be frustrating to deal with. I see you have already worked with the service department at the dealer in the recent past, and they were not able to duplicate the issue at the time. I am glad the past couple of weeks your car has been running smoothly and I hope your vehicle continues to run like this. If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I'm really glad to hear (sorry) that others are having this problem also. I've recently given up on GM fixing it, or not just blaming me and doing nothing to alleviate the issue. I've spoken with the GM reps here, don't waste your time!.. Someone calls you and sets up a case, then after about a week they reiterate what the dealer said and does nothing for you, and I mean nothing.
    The dealer installed a data logger in mine and with the results back blamed me. Said I was stalling the car. I was dumbfounded by this. I explained that wasn't the case, I was definitely in neutral when it happened..

I'd love for this to be fixed, luckily at times it won't happen for a month or so but then it will do it a couple of times in a short period of time.

I'd like for all of us to band together on an email or something and push this at GM to fix, it's ridiculous and I've wasted a lot of time working with the dealer and customer support to only become more angry and to be blamed for the issue.

I will file my problem with the NHTSA this weekend and post the case # or whatever it gives me.

Here is what my dealer told me on Friday. They claim to have reached out to both the ATS quality brand manager and the ATS powertrain manager. They were unable to duplicate but believe this scenario is likely: IF you are in any gear but first with the clutch out (even .5" off the floor) and the RPMs fall below 600, the ECM assumes a stall is emanate and kills the engine preemptively. I contend that if your foot is off the clutch all the way, in a gear, that the coupling of the trans to the flywheel will slow the engine to below an appropriate started recognition speed and stall the engine on its own, it does not need help. The idea of killing the engine at speeds < 600 even with the clutch "out" is insane. All it takes is a little stumble because of the AC compressor kicking on and engine speed could easily fall momentary and safely recover. It seems they are trying to save the clutch with software when I contend the benefit of the engine running should be afforded to the driver, for safety. I understand the concept of what they are trying to do and why it could makes sense. However, it obviously is effecting real world driving in situations that surely are not intended for the ECM to intervene. I've asked the dealer to have the ATS powertrain manger contact me, the dealer acted like they would try but made it seem unlikely that they would be willing to have a conversation with me.
    Diggy Moe likes this.

stalled again this morning... going ~20 in a turn. I engaged 2nd gear, it stalled as I let the clutch out...

Quote Originally Posted by jae7373 View Post
    Here is what my dealer told me on Friday. They claim to have reached out to both the ATS quality brand manager and the ATS powertrain manager. They were unable to duplicate but believe this scenario is likely: IF you are in any gear but first with the clutch out (even .5" off the floor) and the RPMs fall below 600, the ECM assumes a stall is emanate and kills the engine preemptively. I contend that if your foot is off the clutch all the way, in a gear, that the coupling of the trans to the flywheel will slow the engine to below an appropriate started recognition speed and stall the engine on its own, it does not need help. The idea of killing the engine at speeds < 600 even with the clutch "out" is insane. All it takes is a little stumble because of the AC compressor kicking on and engine speed could easily fall momentary and safely recover. It seems they are trying to save the clutch with software when I contend the benefit of the engine running should be afforded to the driver, for safety. I understand the concept of what they are trying to do and why it could makes sense. However, it obviously is effecting real world driving in situations that surely are not intended for the ECM to intervene. I've asked the dealer to have the ATS powertrain manger contact me, the dealer acted like they would try but made it seem unlikely that they would be willing to have a conversation with me.
    Hello jae7373,

Thank you very much for keeping us updated on what the dealership has stated. I apologize that you are not satisfied with the respond you have gotten from them. If you would like to discuss this issue further, or would like any assistance in setting up an appointment with another dealership for a second opinion, please feel free to private message us. You can also contact us at socialmedia@gm.com if you are unable to contact us via private message. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Welcome to muffins world. GM is a joke to get customer satisfaction I still have my updated shaky car since April 15th and GM hasn't even reached out to me to help. GM really means. GOT MINE. Screw you

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

My car stalled 5 times today when coming to a stop, I did have the A/C running during the stall so I wonder if that has anything to do with it and lowered RPM's. I only have 400 miles on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post
    My car stalled 5 times today when coming to a stop, I did have the A/C running during the stall so I wonder if that has anything to do with it and lowered RPM's. I only have 400 miles on the car.
    Hello JLGT,

I am sorry to hear that your ATS stalled 5 times today. I would suggest taking your vehicle into your Cadillac dealership and having them look into this concern. I would be more than happy to assist you in making the appointment if you would like. Please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with if you would like any assistance working with your dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

And I thought I was just being foolish since I was driving auto for so long....Anytime I put into nuertral to pass a speedbump theres a chance of it happening...at least a total of 10 times in the 3 weeks I've had the car (as I pass speedbumps daily)....

Love to know what the reason is..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.