ATS 2.0 willl not start after sitting overnight
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS 2.0 willl not start after sitting overnight in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Yesterday I get out and try to start the car it will not start sounds like a dead battery I ...
    romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

ATS 2.0 willl not start after sitting overnight

Yesterday I get out and try to start the car it will not start sounds like a dead battery I kept trying and after like 6 times it started up. Thus morning same thing but this time it would not start I had to give it boost from my other car. The car is 5 months old can it really be bad battery or something draining it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

Re: ATS 2.0 willl not start after sitting overnight

when you jump it it starts right up? could be a loose connection somewhere on your car.

yes it started right up

----------

I installed auto dimming mirror and connected it to one of the map lights could it be draining there ? also have HD s they were plug and play
    and the last thing I have is LED DRL lights which are connected to the side markers.

I have had all these for a while no issues I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and the car was sitting for a week and after started right up.

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base
    ah, that sounds like it might be it. I think the map lights are always "hot," you have to find something that is "accessory only" power. something that only gets power when the key is in the "on" position, that is running, or when you press the button without your foot on the gas to go int accessory 2.

sounds like the mirror is always on and it's draining the battery.

the mirror has a green light when its on when I turn the car off the and lock it the light on the mirror turns off also. Today I unplugged the mirror lets see what happens tomorrow morning. I don't really want to bring it to the dealer if its my fault I need to do process of elimination first. Also if I disconnect the batter for over night and connect it back is that a good test also ?

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Sometimes, a little knowledge is dangerous. Be careful not to set your new car on fire.

thanks for your advice i wish it did catch on fire and burn to hell with all the issues it has at 4k i will not be dessopointed if that happens.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    the mirror has a green light when its on when I turn the car off the and lock it the light on the mirror turns off also. Today I unplugged the mirror lets see what happens tomorrow morning. I don't really want to bring it to the dealer if its my fault I need to do process of elimination first. Also if I disconnect the batter for over night and connect it back is that a good test also ?
    As for the Battery it’s not that uncommon to have a cell go bad early so you may just want to go get the battery tested before you go any further in your troubleshooting. If you disconnect the battery you will most likely lose your CUE settings back to factory default but that may have happened already.

any auto parts place like Auto Zone or Advance Auto should have the battery testing equipment ?

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

yes or any auto shop near by, it may cost a couple of bucks but it give you an answer and if bad you go to the dealer and get a fresh replacment.

thank you

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Yesterday I get out and try to start the car it will not start sounds like a dead battery I kept trying and after like 6 times it started up. Thus morning same thing but this time it would not start I had to give it boost from my other car. The car is 5 months old can it really be bad battery or something draining it.
    Hello romanats,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your ATS not starting. I do see that you are attempting to diagnose the issue yourself and are planning on taking it to the dealership when you figure out what the issue is. Please private message Laura or I if you would like any assistance working with the dealership in regards to this concern. I look forward to seeing your updates regarding this issue. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Took the car to the dealership yesterday they called me back today saying they replaced a battery.
    I had couple of other issued with poor fm signal and also loud bang over road bumps. i will let you know what was fixed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.