"No XM Signal" message at startup - base, non-CUE system
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, "No XM Signal" message at startup - base, non-CUE system in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a 2013 ATS Standard 2.0T with the base, non-CUE infotainment system. Intermittently, when I start the vehicle, the ...
    barlowc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD 6AT

"No XM Signal" message at startup - base, non-CUE system

I have a 2013 ATS Standard 2.0T with the base, non-CUE infotainment system. Intermittently, when I start the vehicle, the a) center zone of the cluster display (i.e. under the speedometer), and b) display in the center stack, show messages saying "No XM Signal". When I turned the vehicle off and then back on, XM functionality is restored. Is this happening to anyone else, and if so, have you gotten it resolved?

I know AmerLux had this problem, as posted in http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...installed.html. Despite having taken his vehicle in many, many, many times it was never resolved.

I took my vehicle to the dealer when the problem was occurring. They couldn't/wouldn't look at it at the time, but scheduled me for a service appointment. While they kept my vehicle for 15 days, in the end they said they couldn't reproduce the problem and suggested that I bring it in when the problem is occurring, which is what I'd done in the first place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

Re: "No XM Signal" message at startup - base, non-CUE system

i've had this happen a couple times. usually next time i turn the car off for more than 5-10 min and restart it, XM returns. a little annoying no doubt; hope there is a TSB for this in the future.

I had this issue happen again this afternoon, so I recorded a couple of videos. The first shows the problem and despite turning the vehicle off and back on a few times, it persisted. The second shows things an hour later, where things are once again functioning, despite not having done anything.

To the helpful folks at Cadillac Customer Care, is this something you could get in front of the right people so that they can see it and hopefully get us a fix?

jessehell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): TRS FAB powered 6MT

I have had this occur a few times(actually happened today too)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by barlowc View Post
    I had this issue happen again this afternoon, so I recorded a couple of videos. The first shows the problem and despite turning the vehicle off and back on a few times, it persisted. The second shows things an hour later, where things are once again functioning, despite not having done anything.

To the helpful folks at Cadillac Customer Care, is this something you could get in front of the right people so that they can see it and hopefully get us a fix?
    Hello barlowc,

I do apologize that you have not been able to resolve this issue with the XM radio signal. Thank you very much for taking the time to record and post these videos. I definitely will forward them to the correct group so they can continue to look into this. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GM/Cadillac requested that I take my vehicle in to my local dealer so that they could replace the radio/tuner module in attempt to resolve the issue. It was replaced once back in July to resolve another problem. I know AmerLux had his replaced multiple times and his problem(s) persisted. I will keep you guys posted.

Quote Originally Posted by barlowc View Post
    GM/Cadillac requested that I take my vehicle in to my local dealer so that they could replace the radio/tuner module in attempt to resolve the issue. It was replaced once back in July to resolve another problem. I know AmerLux had his replaced multiple times and his problem(s) persisted. I will keep you guys posted.
    Hello barlowc,

I am sorry to hear that they needed to replace the radio/tuner module again to resolve the issue. I hope that the repair addresses the concerns you were experiencing, but please continue to keep us updated! Laura and I will be on the lookout for your future updates. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Johnharrison1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Mine just started doing this a week ago. Less than 1,000 miles on my car. This is unacceptable.

The good news is that mine has not done this since the radio/tuner module was replaced back in October.

Michael167 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t

I've had this happen to me a few times for the first 1000-2500 miles but sense then the problem has not returned. Up to 5k now without the issue returning compared to before when the issue would happen every few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnharrison1 View Post
    Mine just started doing this a week ago. Less than 1,000 miles on my car. This is unacceptable.
    Hello Johnharrison1,

We recognize your dissatisfaction with this matter, and truly apologize that you're experiencing trouble with the XM signal in your vehicle. We would like the opportunity to further investigate your concerns, and work towards a possible resolution. If you would like our assistance, please private message us your full contact information, VIN, exact mileage, and the name of your dealership. Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N. (assisting Laura & Gregory)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.