Aftermarket subwoofer
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Aftermarket subwoofer in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just wondering if anyone out there has put in an aftermarket subwoofer and amp. I have and I get feed ...
    duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Talking Aftermarket subwoofer

Just wondering if anyone out there has put in an aftermarket subwoofer and amp. I have and I get feed back from the bose noise canceling system. At the moment it is out of the car and will put it back in tomorrow. I needed the trunk space to go to Hampton beach for the weekend.

Does anyone know if by shutting off the autopilot will stop that? Or will I have to disconnect the 3 mics in the car?

I figured it out. It won't help by turning off the auto pilot. You have to either cut the wires or disconnect the mics in the roof liner. Everything is good now and the car sounds really good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Re: Aftermarket subwoofer

I have an have not recieved any feedback... What set up are you running?

----------

Check out what I have added in this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ded-audio.html

I am running a 15 inch ported custom box with a 1600 watt infinity kappa one amp. Bangs. I have 2 15's because I like bump in the truck but I didn't want to weigh the car down. It is plenty though in that little car. Tell you the truth it is one of the best sounding systems I've had in awhile. Don't care what people say if the bose system isn't up to par. Well I really think they wrong. It is as clear as could be with no distortion.

----------

I read your post. Your doing allot more than I am willing to get into. As every corner you will run into things that haven't been solved before you. You will have to be a pioneer in that aspect. I my self use to be an installer. Not anymore due to not enough money unless you own your own store. But I will gladly work on my own and friends. They have really tried to run with bmw electronics. I am coming from a 745li that was fiber optics. That was not a car you want to put a system in. I did it but took me months because they said it couldn't be done with the stock unit. They were wrong.

----------

If you haven't already. I cut the red wire on all 3 of the mics in the car. No more engine roar from the sub. And I like to hear the exhaust and other noises the car makes. Why would you not want to hear all that. The car is mean and sounds great. A bigger caddy yes that would be cool. But really it is a sports car.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

I don't get any roar from the subs... How are you interfacing your kappa amp with the factory stuff?

That is really weird that you don't get that. I have it jumped off the amp in the right back of the truck. Do you have the 10 speaker with the CUE? Because as you know it has the noise canceling system in it to take out unwanted noise. The bub frequency does that. And I wanted to be able to control the bass through the CUE. Do you have the Mics in your 2 doors and 1 in the back see headliner? I don't know anyone that has this car in CT to compare things. At idle it doesn't do it. It was as soon as you took off or you were braking. That is when the car would make the most noise. You could open your door and try and recreate it and it wouldn't do it. Shut the door and it would go right back to it. As soon as I take a pic of my set up I will send it to you. If you have some send me also. I'm yet to see anyone with a sub in the trunk with this car. Really I have only seen 1 of these cars on the road. In Boston a couple weeks ago. I like that though. Allot of people stop and stare because they don't know what it is.

----------

Oh and I'm only using a good line out converter. No REQ. But I get great signal from the amp. The car really sounds like I have 2 15's not 1. Hits so hard the rear panels flex. I have the sub ported and facing up to stop the rattle of the license plate and such. The plate has only 2 screw hole to use. I use some 3m tape on that also.
    Not to get off the subject but do you have rims on yours? I'm waiting on my 20in tires to come. THE 17'S ARE WAY TO SMALL FOR ME. The 19's look nice as well as D3 IS USING.I also saw a D3 with 20's and I really liked that. It was in a battle shoot out with a 335 bmw. The sound from the ats was incredible. No change in the exhaust just electronic tuning. So that makes me feel good that my car sounds like that also.

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

Agreed, your really getting in to it. Replacing stock factory speakers with higher quality should be a breeze. I am running a sub in the trunk and it is easy and sounds 1,000% better than stock

thetoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I'm planning on putting a single 8 or 10 in the trunk. My questions :
    1. Is there an stock amp wiring diagram(that shows where the remote wire is).
    2. I'm worried about the mics and the noise cancellation. Is it defeatable?

Quote Originally Posted by thetoe View Post
    I'm planning on putting a single 8 or 10 in the trunk. My questions :
    1. Is there an stock amp wiring diagram(that shows where the remote wire is).
    2. I'm worried about the mics and the noise cancellation. Is it defeatable?
    there isn't a wire diagram that I know of yet. But really just use the sub wires that are hook to your stock sub in the rear deck. There is no remote wire that I can find of hours looking and testing. I did find one that shuts off with the car on the right side quarter panel behind the carpet on the same side as the amp. It looks like some type of sensor. It has like 5 wires coming out of it. The sensor is whit e in color I think. It is attached to the inside of the fender. You need to test the wires coming out of it. There is one there. I can't even find one that shuts off with the car in the fuse box on the battery side. And the noise canceling system took about an hour to unhook. The three mics pull them out and cut the red wire tape up and put back in. You can reconnect later if you trade back in. Just cut the red wire whaite can stay hooke up. There are only 2 wires on it.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

cant you just use a cig lighter wire as the remote? it just has to be a 12V that tells the amp when the cars on isn't it?

I ran wire through the car to an open fuse under the hood for remote. Kind of sucked to do but works great

You could run it to a lot of options. But for a clean install you can get one in the trunk. I wish I took pics of the sensor that is in the inside right of the trunk. 4 or 5 wires coming off and is attached to inside on the quarter panel. Has a good switched 12v. You could even get it from the fuse box in the dash that's by your steering wheel.

----------

I'm sure it sucked but you learned things about your car doing it.

----------

What switched 12v did you find under the hood? I'm gonna need one in there soon.

thetoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Those that have installed an aftermarket sub:
    How does it sound? I'm worried that the sub wont make it through the backseat/rear deck or that it's gonna be muffled.

I have the fold down seats. I really just put down the arm rest and the plastic cover that also comes down. I would assume if you dont have that you would have to take the sub out of the rear deck. It would have enough space for air to come through then. You have to have some opening to let the air through. Otherwise it will sound like someone was locked in your trunk trying to get out. With my arm rest down it sounds really good. Up not so much. Then it would be muffled.
    How does it sound? I'm worried that the sub wont make it through the backseat/rear deck or that it's gonna be muffled.

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    What switched 12v did you find under the hood? I'm gonna need one in there soon.
    Sorry, I do not remember. On passenger side and just used a test light.

For "thetoe"
    Mine sub hits very hard. No need to put the arm rest down. It really comes down to how you tune your amp. I have a decent quality sub and amp.

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

I am in the same situation. my rear seat does not fold down. one thought I have had is to remove the rear sub in the rear dash completely and use the hole as a sort of pass through and place the sub directly underneath pointing up.

Right now, I have a lot of options as to what i wanna do but not sure which route to take. I want a lot more bass. In my collection of audio equipment I have a punch 5 channel, a punch 500 1 bd, and a punch 300. I also have a set of punch power series t3 6.5 inch components, and a set of 6.5 coaxials. As far as subs go I have a jl audio 10w3 in a custom ported box built to exact specs from the jl audio website.

Thoughts? what would you do?

Im thinking leave bose system untouched and just add woofer and use punch 500 to push it. But i could use my 5 channel and push all the bose speakers plus the woofer. Or i could replace front door speakers with the t3's and push them with the punch 300 and push the sub with the punch 500. IDK. needs input.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.