2014 Cadillac ATS Analog Dash Displays not working?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thebigjimsho
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2014 Cadillac ATS Analog Dash Displays not working? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hello everyone, I recently purchased a new 2014 Cadillac ATS and one problem I am having is with the analog ...
    Catfish787 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2014, 1999 Cadillac Deville

2014 Cadillac ATS Analog Dash Displays not working?

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new 2014 Cadillac ATS and one problem I am having is with the analog display on the dash. Sometimes when I start the car, the analog Speedometer, Tachometer, gas meter, and engine temperature meter do not move at all and continue to do nothing even when the vehicle is driven (they remain in the "off" position). Even after restarting the car sometimes, the problem persists. Sometimes it starts to functions when I restart the car, but other times it does not.

Does anyone happen to have a clue what is happening?

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: 2014 Cadillac ATS Analog Dash Displays not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new 2014 Cadillac ATS and one problem I am having is with the analog display on the dash. Sometimes when I start the car, the analog Speedometer, Tachometer, gas meter, and engine temperature meter do not move at all and continue to do nothing even when the vehicle is driven (they remain in the "off" position). Even after restarting the car sometimes, the problem persists. Sometimes it starts to functions when I restart the car, but other times it does not.

Thank you!
    Yes its not working. Take it back to the dealer for service.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Take it back to the dealer for service.
    Unless you are on a low miles lease and the odometer isn't updating either. Since the speedo and odometer may be using the same source, its possible.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thank you!
    Good afternoon,

I understand how displeasing this concern may be for you, especially with a new vehicle. We are able to research any recalls potentially related to the analog dashboard malfunction for you (simply message us your VIN). Also, have you spoken to your dealer regarding this? If not, we are more than happy to arrange a service visit for you at your earliest convenience. Feel free to contact us privately to continue discussing this situation, if possible.

William R. (assisting Laura & Greg)
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Unless you are on a low miles lease and the odometer isn't updating either. Since the speedo and odometer may be using the same source, its possible.

I like the way you think. Easy to check since its intermittent just wait until it works and see if the miles are increasing when the gauges are resting?

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Is the quality team of GM not being paid or wasn't the bailout part of the package. Geez now 2014 issues this is really crazy.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Keep your smartphone handy and record it. This will make it easier to address when bringing it in...
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.