MY ATS LED Conversion obsession - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, MY ATS LED Conversion obsession in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; pissedoffwookiee I bought these before and they are tiny compared to the ones you have on. They might take some ...
    romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Re: MY ATS LED Conversion obsession

pissedoffwookiee

I bought these before and they are tiny compared to the ones you have on. They might take some time to install but definetely worth it. hear is the ebay link again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370741651210...ht_2940wt_1206

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    pissedoffwookiee

I bought these before and they are tiny compared to the ones you have on. They might take some time to install but definetely worth it. hear is the ebay link again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370741651210...ht_2940wt_1206
    those are exactly what i put on the car, and yes they took some time to get to sit flush, but working with my mechanic friend they came out really nice.....I must admit however I'm contemplating giving these to a friend and taking his brake duct covers and installing a different more expensive solution..... I am on a wife mandated toy buying freeze at the moment, due to a speeding ticket, and $1500 mad money i'm going to spend in Austin next month at the USGP formula one race i'm going to. but i'm thinking these new ones are hideous but if i take them apart and paint/plastidip the grill to match the duct, they could look really really nice, and i like the voltage sensing relay switch the kit comes with compared to my vibration activated one, I had trouble with the lights turning off all the time at stop lights because the car is too smooth and quiet...lol, i had play with different mounting locations till i found a spot that vribrated enough to keep them activated

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I have been looking almost daily at those exact covers from E&G. I can't find any other product on the market other than the D3 option which has yet to be developed. The problem is that I have not been able to find any 'real' photos of them installed. Also wondering what it looks like on a black ATS. Do you think the air blowing into that area might add extra drag?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    I have been looking almost daily at those exact covers from E&G. I can't find any other product on the market other than the D3 option which has yet to be developed. The problem is that I have not been able to find any 'real' photos of them installed. Also wondering what it looks like on a black ATS. Do you think the air blowing into that area might add extra drag?
    I doubt any drag would be an issue the plastic behind would act like our auto shutting grills, like I said before I think they look hideous but paint them black and they'd look factory I that would transform them

I agree 100%. Painting the bezel black would make them not stick out. I just don't want to pay a couple hundred bucks and still have to do paint work on top.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Personally, I like straight, clean lines. So, I'm thinking of getting these from Eurolite (http://www.sherco-auto.com/eurolite.html). They are 7.5" long and come in either smoke or clear lens. I'd position them just as they are positioned for the Audi in the picture: Smack in the middle of the duct. As I said, clean and neat.

Looks cool. Does the this light have a way to deal with the angle of the brake duct and not point out to the side?

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    Looks cool. Does the this light have a way to deal with the angle of the brake duct and not point out to the side?
    Haven't seen the LEDs in person. Not sure what you mean by "...deal with the angle, etc?" At this point I can only assume that as these were recommended by a custom shop that will insert them into the brake duct so that they will not edge over the duct's lip, they should fit nicely???

Oh, I get it. The custom shop will fit them...interesting that they recommended them too. I was thinking you are going to lay them on top of the brake duct cover which meant they were going to point slightly left and right...ah nvm, you got it covered. Send tons of pics once you get it done man!

calzone is offline Cadillac Owners Member

They looked so nice I ordered a set off of ebay and installed them a different way. I shaved the bolts off the back to give it a flush fitting. I also used a vibraton DRL switch which works great. I used 3M double sided emblem tape to secure to the bezels and whola! Please give feedback. This is my first post.

Sorry guys. Here are the photos.Photo (3).jpgPhoto (4).jpg

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by calzone View Post
    Sorry guys. Here are the photos.Attachment 183297Attachment 183305
    Are there decent halogen bulbs available that would give the headlights a whiter look?

deedle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Has anyone replace the "backup" lights on the lower portion of the rear bumper with LEDs yet? If so what size/make did you use? Links?

matthewmugar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Luxury 2.0 Turbo

Hey Calzone,

looks great. Question for you...how did you make it sit flush? my LED's don't sit flush there is a bit of overhang which i hate! I drilled a hole in the molding and pushed the bolts through but it doesn't sit exactly flush or deep enough to my liking. Is yours completely flush?

Looks great
    Quote Originally Posted by calzone View Post
    Sorry guys. Here are the photos.Attachment 183297Attachment 183305

Hello Matt. I shaved off the through bolt flanges and used 3M double sided tape. I was concerned with the strength at first but to my amazement it holds just as good! I would like to do the HID but Im not sure yet. Glad you like the way it looks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.