MY ATS LED Conversion obsession - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, MY ATS LED Conversion obsession in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee So Stoked this looks great, i'm waiting for my EBAY DRL's to arrive along with my ...
    matthewmugar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Luxury 2.0 Turbo

Cool Re: MY ATS LED Conversion obsession

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    So Stoked this looks great, i'm waiting for my EBAY DRL's to arrive along with my HID kit from The Retofit Source (morimoto 3FIVE ballasts, XB35 bulbs, ad can-bus stand alone harness) , i just got the DRL relay today from iJDMtoy that automates the DRL like factory but this has a 10 second delay built in. i feel like its christmas...lol

Thats great Pissedoffwookie! CAn't wait to see pics. I am really impressed with the HID's and LED combo. Don't get me wrong I love the vertical LED lights of ATS...but for the amount of $ spent I am really happy with the lighting and it def satiates that need to have LED's. Didnt think it would be that big of a deal to get HID's but boy was i wrong.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: MY ATS LED Conversion obsession

I feel the same way, there were things I promised myself that I would not leave a dealership without on my next car. they were dual zone, sunroof, Nav, heated seats, HID, and remote start. well because of availability of cars at the time of my purchase I missed out on the last 4 items virtually all the cars that had those options had the V6 due to early unavailability of the turbo and I really wanted the turbo, I even convinced myself it was no big deal....NAV (I have my phone and onstar) heated seats (I live in San Diego), HID (the projectors are nice), remote start (I could live without that)

after the first truly hot day with leatherette, I added remote start so I could pre cool the car. HID I'm currently addressing, NAV I'm hoping the CUE App Store will bring BringGo to our cars, I could add heated seats I haven't priced it yet, but I think that would be sort of a waste of time and money.

but the car is great what its good at it does spectacularly, and what it's not good at is still better than most just maybe not compared to the tippy, top cars in the segment. and the reason I had to have the turbo was in case the tinkering bug caught me.

well lighting will be tinker #3 first was color matched license frame to opulent blue, in order to cut down glare from the license lights reflecting off the chrome frame every caddy dealer installs on the rear camera.. tinker #2 was frameless mirror upgrade.

BTW I'm looking at switchback led bulbs to get rid of the amber turn signal to complete the HID/LED look up front, just found out from dealer parts department they are 7444na

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

i'm waiting for the right deal on a set(or just one) of the OEM HID headlights to come around, then i'll mess with re-pinning the connector to try to make it work on a non-HID car.

Hey PissedoffWookie,

That's great that you are doing all of this. I am really interested in the lighting aspect as well. I want to change the reverse lights to make them LED so they are much brighter. How does the frameless mirror upgrade work and look compared to the stock?

Will changing the turn signal to LED become kind of like a clear corner?

My 18" wheels are coming in soon, just have to select tires for all season, but I live in So Cal as well and wonder if that is necessary. But attached is the picture that has inspired the changes of my car and is on my current desktop computer at work rims.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmugar View Post
    Hey PissedoffWookie,

That's great that you are doing all of this. I am really interested in the lighting aspect as well. I want to change the reverse lights to make them LED so they are much brighter. How does the frameless mirror upgrade work and look compared to the stock?

My 18" wheels are coming in soon, just have to select tires for all season, but I live in So Cal as well and wonder if that is necessary. But attached is the picture that has inspired the changes of my car and is on my current desktop computer at work Attachment 139449
    that is so nice to look at, i'd do the same if i wasn't already using pictures from my trip to Circuit of the Americas for the US Grand Prix.... sometimes too many fun choices sucks...lol.

I want to change the reverse lights to make them LED so they are much brighter
    I want to do this too, whats holding me back is i never like reducing performance for appearance in this case i worry about the performance of the backup camera i painted my liscence frame for this reason i wonder if a more intense backup light will blow out the image on screen, i need to ry it i guess.

How does the frameless mirror upgrade work and look compared to the stock?
    it was cheap and easy all it took was a torx tool and 5 minutes mine is not auto dim the the mirror was $72 bucks i think the auto dim is $115 or $120, and it looks like the factory '14

yes, except by using switchbacks the will blink amber

i'm also looking into getting this kit

LED Interior Upgrade
    Meinbeast likes this.

gonna get this LED interior kit...still wanna do the reverse lights...but will have to find that.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

let me know what you plan to do about the Amber signals/DRL lights. I want switchbacks as well but I dont know what size those bulbs are lol... can you pppplllleeeaaasssseeee post really closeups of those LED strip lights? I want to see the "Flushness" of them, I'm interested in doing this mod.

I'd LOOOVVVEEE to make my amber bulbs look like what this guy did
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-pictures.html

Oh and on the reverse lamp... I've replaced my reverse light with LEDS, looks really sharp when you unlock the car at night, bright white

I dont know what size those bulbs are either.... I went to a tuner shop here, crawled under the car in the parking lot, popped the bulb out, walked inside and said "I want 2 (yes its two bulbs for the reverse) white LED's of this" lol
    matthewmugar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    let me know what you plan to do about the Amber signals/DRL lights. I want switchbacks as well but I dont know what size those bulbs are lol... can you pppplllleeeaaasssseeee post really closeups of those LED strip lights? I want to see the "Flushness" of them, I'm interested in doing this mod.

I'd LOOOVVVEEE to make my amber bulbs look like what this guy did
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-pictures.html

Oh and on the reverse lamp... I've replaced my reverse light with LEDS, looks really sharp when you unlock the car at night, bright white

I dont know what size those bulbs are either.... I went to a tuner shop here, crawled under the car in the parking lot, popped the bulb out, walked inside and said "I want 2 (yes its two bulbs for the reverse) white LED's of this" lol
    called dealership parts department the orange bulbs are 7444NA and there are apparently a couple of compatible bulbs i just bought these with load resistors last night we'll see how they work out

Hey P.O.W....by doing this does the amber look clear but when turn signal is on and you are making a turn it turns amber?

BTW did you happen to figure out the reverse light LED? I am going to buy that whole IJD kit for interior LED as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    called dealership parts department the orange bulbs are 7444NA and there are apparently a couple of compatible bulbs i just bought these with load resistors last night we'll see how they work out

Guess what came in from the Brown Santa?rims.jpg

Hey P.O.W....by doing this does the amber look clear but when turn signal is on and you are making a turn it turns amber?
    yes exactly, if you look at one or two of the other switchback bulbs at ijdmtoy there are videos of how they work

----------

BTW did you happen to figure out the reverse light LED? I am going to buy that whole IJD kit for interior LED as well.
    no i havent gotten into that yet, my plan is forward lighting, then interior lighting then rear lighting, my goal is no fillament bulbs anywhere on the car...when i get to the interior i also need to add trunk and glovebox to that interior kit

vwall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L V6 Premium - Opulent Blue
    Has anyone switched the trunk bulb to LEDs? How do you get in there to remove the bulb?

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Those LED foglamps look amazing. I'm considering it myself. Would you mind sharing some more pics of the foglamps? Like closeup and from the side of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by mechevar View Post
    Those LED foglamps look amazing. I'm considering it myself. Would you mind sharing some more pics of the foglamps? Like closeup and from the side of the car?
    Sure.

ats.jpg
    ats 2.jpg
    ats3.jpg
    ats 4.jpg

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I'm honestly still having trouble here with those looks. how "flush" are those lamps with the bumper? Do they stick out any from the bumper?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.