2014 Changes - ATS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2014 Changes - ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    AirBusPilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

2014 Changes - ATS

Curious what these new 19" optional dealer installed wheels look like.

Also, sure wish they'd dump that gold tint white and replace it with a pure white.

I have no idea who is picking the colors for this car. Purple and Brown. Ok..

////////////////////////////

2014 CADILLAC ATS

New for 2014:

• Intellibeam® automatic high-beam control added to Driver Awareness and Driver Assist packages
    • 110-volt power outlet added to rear of the center console on models with CUE and Navigation package
    • Frameless inside rearview mirror
    • Leather-wrapped, larger-diameter sport steering wheel included on models with steering wheel paddle shift controls
    • Exterior colors: Phantom Gray Metallic, Mocha Steel Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic and Red Obsession Tintcoat
    • Dealer-available accessories: aluminum sport pedal set, 19-inch ultra-bright machined-finish aluminum wheels, 19-inch Manoogian premium painted wheels, 19-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, 19-inch Y-rated summer tires, black chrome-accented sport grille and black chrome rear applique trim

2014 CADILLAC ATS CHALLENGES THE WORLD’S BEST COMPACT LUXURY CARS

The Cadillac ATS compact luxury sports sedan challenges the world’s best premium cars with an acclaimed balance of performance and refinement, wrapped in a progressive expression of Cadillac’s Art & Science design philosophy.

With one of the lowest curb weights in the segment – nearly 3,300 pounds (1,497 kg) – the ATS’s driving dynamics are rooted in mass efficiency, which helps make it Cadillac’s lightest and most agile sedan. Germany’s famed Nürburgring served as one of the key testing grounds, along with additional roads, race tracks and laboratories around the globe, where ATS engineers balanced performance with Cadillac’s trademark refinement.

Contributing components and features include:
    • 50/50 weight balance
    • Cadillac’s first five-link independent rear suspension using lightweight, high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
    • A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
    • Driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension with Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping
    • Underbody aerodynamic shields
    • Premium (belt driven) electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
    • Four-channel ABS with available Brembo performance brakes
    • Available all-wheel drive.

The ATS is offered as a well-equipped standard model and in Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections. A broad lineup of engines – including two four-cylinders and a V-6 for North America – delivers strong power to the ATS and capitalizes on the car’s lightweight and rigid structure to complement its performance with efficiency. The optional engines include Cadillac’s award-winning 2.0L Turbo, rated at 272 horsepower (203 kW) and 3.6L V-6, rated at 321 horsepower (239 kW).

New and revised features for 2014 include:
    • Intellibeam automatic high-beam control added to Driver Awareness and Driver Assist packages
    • 110-volt power outlet added to rear of the center console on models with CUE and Navigation package
    • Frameless inside rearview mirror
    • Leather-wrapped, larger-diameter sport steering wheel included on models with steering wheel paddle shift controls.

Four new exterior colors are offered, as well: Phantom Gray Metallic, Mocha Steel Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic and Red Obsession Tintcoat, along with a larger collection of dealer-available accessories, including: an aluminum sport pedal set, 19-inch ultra-bright machined-finish aluminum wheels, 19-inch Manoogian premium painted wheels, 19-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, 19-inch Y-rated summer tires, black chrome-accented sport grille and black chrome rear applique trim.

The accessories can be ordered and installed where the vehicle is purchased and their cost rolled into the ATS’s monthly payments, for more convenient personalization.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: 2014 Changes - ATS

http://www.cadillac.com/2013-ats-lux...cessories.html

They are quite nice..

SxyDivva has them on her ATS

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    http://www.cadillac.com/2013-ats-lux...cessories.html

They are quite nice..

SxyDivva has them on her ATS
    Thanks, though I was hoping they had a new style for 14'. The price..whoa..

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I saw an ATS inside the dealer's showroom with optional, black rims. And I didn't like it.... Don't want to be rude to the people who like them and bought them, but in my humble opinion, they looked too big on a compact car. Also the black rims didn't look very good on that car.
    Pie R Squared and rustybear3 like this.

GJB

Ben, Have you seen the chrome ones on SxyDivva' ATS. I like the 5/10 spoke pattern. I agree that 18" is about right on the ATS along with what should be a better ride than the 19". As for black chrome, not for me but I like seeing all the different looks that appeal to others which are pretty darn cool. I like to keep my cars pretty stock because a lot of engineering and design went into it by GM to make it appealing which is what attracted me to the ATS to begin with.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

SxyDivva is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Performance 2.0T
    Ben...here are a couple pics of my 18" chrome Vogue rims on my 2014 ATS. 19"was just too big for me! I love my 18"!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Attached Images

Anyone know the offset of these 19" factory optional rims?

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I was hoping for the front lip kit becoming available. Hopefully, they either make it, or another company makes one.

Ben, Have you seen the chrome ones on SxyDivva' ATS. I like the 5/10 spoke pattern. I agree that 18" is about right on the ATS along with what should be a better ride than the 19". As for black chrome, not for me but I like seeing all the different looks that appeal to others which are pretty darn cool. I like to keep my cars pretty stock because a lot of engineering and design went into it by GM to make it appealing which is what attracted me to the ATS to begin with.
    I have 17" painted aluminum rims. I am not fond of them, but they don't disgust me either. I think "neutral" is a very good adjective to describe them! I would like to see more attractive rims on a luxury car! I like the 18" premium rims that come standard with premium trim. I believe they are machined-finish aluminum rims, right? I am going to assume you have these rims on your car. How do you like them? 18" sound right for this car. 17" doesn't look awfully small, but I think 19" rims look too big.

As a side question, which of these of rims are easier to fix? Dings and curb damage will happen, no matter how careful we drive!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SxyDivva View Post
    Ben...here are a couple pics of my 18" chrome Vogue rims on my 2014 ATS. 19"was just too big for me! I love my 18"!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I like your rims! They are the right size, and they look very attractive! I might have one comment about them, if you don't mind! These shiny and attractive rims might distract the observer from observing and noticing the beauty of the car itself! When I look at the pics, first I see the rims, and then I notice the car. Does this make sense? But I should mention that I am a very particular person and I have very conservative taste! So please don't take my comment too serious! Anyway, very beautiful car, and very beautiful rims! Where did you get the rims?

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    I have 17" painted aluminum rims. I am not fond of them, but they don't disgust me either. I think "neutral" is a very good adjective to describe them! I would like to see more attractive rims on a luxury car! I like the 18" premium rims that come standard with premium trim. I believe they are machined-finish aluminum rims, right? I am going to assume you have these rims on your car. How do you like them? 18" sound right for this car. 17" doesn't look awfully small, but I think 19" rims look too big.

As a side question, which of these of rims are easier to fix? Dings and curb damage will happen, no matter how careful we drive!

I have the machine finished 18 as you stated and I love them. The car and sticker had the upgrade chrome but I did not like those as much and the dealer switched them out and took the price difference off. As for repair I have no Idea but I would think the chrome are more resistant to chips than the machine finish. Maybe someone who has done repairs can chime in.

----------

I like your rims! They are the right size, and they look very attractive! I might have one comment about them, if you don't mind! These shiny and attractive rims might distract the observer from observing and noticing the beauty of the car itself! When I look at the pics, first I see the rims, and then I notice the car. Does this make sense? But I should mention that I am a very particular person and I have very conservative taste! So please don't take my comment too serious! Anyway, very beautiful car, and very beautiful rims! Where did you get the rims?
    Ben I notice a nice smile and cleavage before the rest of the package so whats your point?

What? Where? Who? What am I missing?! I may miss a turn when I am driving, but I normally don't miss those things you mentioned! Where are they?
    GJB and Muffin like this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I like 17" rims, I just hate the style of the ATS ones. 17"s are great for performance driving. 18"+ are more style

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    I like 17" rims, I just hate the style of the ATS ones. 17"s are great for performance driving. 18"+ are more style

I would prefer 17" for the reason you stated but the style of the stock 17" pushed me to the 18". By today’s standards (visual/style) the 17" look small, shows how much things have changed my first BMW had 14" mags and I thought they were sweet because sporting hub caps was the norm.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I would prefer 17" for the reason you stated but the style of the stock 17" pushed me to the 18". By today’s standards (visual/style) the 17" look small, shows how much things have changed my first BMW had 14" mags and I thought they were sweet because sporting hub caps was the norm.
    For me the best looking size depends on the car size and for the ATS, I like 18s. The factory 19s on my current gen Mustang are beautiful by themselves but look too big for my tastes even though the Mustang is a significantly bigger car than the ATS:

GJB likes this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Quote from Hoosier daddy in another forum

Katie from Cadillac Customer Service sent me the weights.

The 17x8" painted wheels for the base model weigh 23.52 lbs each.

The 17x8" polished wheels for the Luxury collection (optional on base) weigh 25.26 lbs each.

The 17x8" painted wheels for the Performance collection weigh 25.26 lbs each.

The 18x8" machined wheels for the Premium collection (optional on Performance) weigh 24.32 lbs each.

The 18x9" machined rear wheels for the RWD Premium collection weigh 25.11 lbs each.

The 18x8" polished wheels (optional on Luxury or Premium collection) weigh 28.84 lbs each.

The 18x9" polished rear wheels (optional on RWD Premium collection) weigh 29.67 lbs each.
    thus i think the 18" machined wheels from the performance is the highest performing from a slightly wider tire 225-40-18 are wider than 225-45-17 vs weight

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.