Center console
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Center console in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Well only 3 months in and the center console squeeks. Very annoying to have that squeeking sound where apparently the ...
    sdm100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Center console

Well only 3 months in and the center console squeeks. Very annoying to have that squeeking sound where apparently the armrest does not sit flush. For all please note Cadillac has a bulletin to replace the hinge and screws holding center armrest down!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Center console

Quote Originally Posted by sdm100 View Post
    Well only 3 months in and the center console squeeks. Very annoying to have that squeeking sound where apparently the armrest does not sit flush. For all please note Cadillac has a bulletin to replace the hinge and screws holding center armrest down!
    Hello sdm100,

I apologize that you are experiencing this squeaking sound from the center console in your ATS. I understand how frustrating issues can be so early in the ownership of the vehicle. I do see you have referenced a bulletin the dealerships have pertaining to this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I would like to reach out to the dealership and speak with them regarding this issue. Please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

peter3216 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

My car also has that squeak in the console after about 2 months.I waiting to go in for my frist service to get it fixed, very annoying.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

mine started squeaking 2 months ago, sprayed some "liquid silicone" on those metal hinges, worked it a bit and the squeaking hasn't been back, I'd try that before sitting at the dealer for hours lol

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by peter3216 View Post
    My car also has that squeak in the console after about 2 months.I waiting to go in for my frist service to get it fixed, very annoying.
    Hi peter3216,

I understand how a squeak in the console is annoying, especially when dealing with it so soon after your vehicle purchase. I see you are waiting to speak with the dealer after your first service visit. Please reach out to me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com if you would like to discuss concerns or have questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    mine started squeaking 2 months ago, sprayed some "liquid silicone" on those metal hinges, worked it a bit and the squeaking hasn't been back, I'd try that before sitting at the dealer for hours lol

You may have just voided the warranty.

So i go in and have the console hinge replaced. Drive 2 miles out of the dealership and the squeek reappears. Well turns out the drivers seat is rubbing against the console. You cannot even fit you finger between the console and the side of the seat. So much for American craftsmanship. This would never have happened on a BMW or MB!. SO right back to dealer who now had to adjust the seat after I insisted on it being fixed. They initially told me that was the way it was designed, total f bs . I have little faith this will hold since if it in fact a design flaw how can one move the seat over without taking out the seat tracks etc. I really hate this car after 3 months of ownership. Stupid to have put faith in auto mags and reviwers. Should have stuck with " I have never owned an American car" Now i know why

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Really? I hope it’s just momentary frustration that has brought you to such a conclusion. If not it must be hard to be you having such high standards /expectations. I would recommend you flip this car soonest to something un American that you will be happy with.

At $50K that is not expectations that is what you pay for. Maybe you accept being inferior Go drive a Hyundai

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Hopefully the service rep didn't get the brunt of your frustration.

Thunder Gray STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    I'd send the damn thing to the crusher.
    GJB likes this.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

At $50K that is not expectations that is what you pay for. Maybe you accept being inferior Go drive a Hyundai
    I like how everyone who has issues rounds up the price of the ATS to 50k when there are not too many who went to that end of the spectrum.

I have high expectations, I purchased an ATS and its within my expectations. Not sure why you would suggest I buy a Hyundai because I'm a satisfied owner of an American automobile. God bless the USA!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gray STS View Post
    I'd send the damn thing to the crusher.

I don't think that would be a good idea because the crusher might develop a squeak and all hell would break lose on the crusher forum...
    Kalibr and Ihuntv8 like this.

ATom92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 3.6 Luxury - White Diamond/Platinum/Brownstone

So i go in and have the console hinge replaced. Drive 2 miles out of the dealership and the squeek reappears. Well turns out the drivers seat is rubbing against the console. You cannot even fit you finger between the console and the side of the seat. So much for American craftsmanship. This would never have happened on a BMW or MB!. SO right back to dealer who now had to adjust the seat after I insisted on it being fixed. They initially told me that was the way it was designed, total f bs . I have little faith this will hold since if it in fact a design flaw how can one move the seat over without taking out the seat tracks etc. I really hate this car after 3 months of ownership. Stupid to have put faith in auto mags and reviwers. Should have stuck with " I have never owned an American car" Now i know why
    Hi there..... I had the very same issue with my ATS. Just took it to the dealer, they fixed it before lunch! I started a tread in the discussions forum on this about creaking seats... They moved the seat over and the noise is gone. Heritage Cadillac in Bel Air, MD did a great job making things right.
    GJB likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

lol holy shit calm down you sound like every other lunatic that throws the "piece of shit North American Car" card. Your center console was squeaking! its not like the engine just fell outta the car! go to a better dealer and get it adjusted properly, my seat doesn't rub so somethings obviously just a bit off.

You dont think the Germans have there issues? they do and go to the bimmer forums and theres people throwing a hissy over small things as well. Go google BMW forums "squeaking" you get pages of results. I'm so sick of people bitching and whining that if there car, just THERES has a squeak or something a bit off, that's easily fixed that they cuss out and swear off American cars and automatically assume that we all to have the same shitty car as you. Oh then go off, assuming no other brand can do wrong.. Its god damned annoying and not true.

Oh and was your car 50K because I hear a lot of people here saying they spent 50K on there cars when half of them, when you look at the profiles own<Premium lines.
    Kalibr, Ihuntv8 and GJB like this.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Who gives a dam what the price is. Build a quality car anyway how about that

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.