Center console - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Center console in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Muffin, You point is valid, and for a very high % of us they did build a quality car which ...
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: Center console

Muffin, You point is valid, and for a very high % of us they did build a quality car which is why there are such extremes in the different posts. I know you are not satisfied and we support you in wanting your car right but in fairness (goes both ways) we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Muffin likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Muffin actually had legitimate issues though & I'm behind you 100%, I'd be upset to over that. But OP's throwing a tantrum over a very minor thing thats been proven to be easily fixable by another member, sounds like his dealers just dicking him around. BMW, AUDI, Cadillac...

They're all mass manufactured product and here and there small things may get through and 90% of them are easily fixed in minutes by the dealer. We didn't buy small batch RollsRoyce or Ferraris.....Alfonzo didn't comb each one of out cars over for days straight.
    Ihuntv8 and Muffin like this.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

GJB. Are the 2014 better?i hate what's going on with mine. I love driving the hell out of it till I stop.is there proof that the 2014 are a better build.

GJB

Muffin, I'm not qualified to give you a credible yes or no answer to that. With that said I understand incremental improvements in components and materials along with update/fixes happen all year long so in theory a late build 13 should have updates applied that were not available at the beginning. So a model year change that is not a total revamp like in the ATS case may only include those update + any design feature/option changes like frameless mirror etc.

Should the 2014 be better yes, will they not have some of the same issues, unfortunately I suspect they will but they should be fewer and reduced throughout the build year and some new issues will be introduced by changes and supplier manufacturer defects.

I would not expect the engine problem you have would be better in a 14 because if they had fixed it I would they could have done that to yours.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Thanks for your opinion

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There are tolerances on every part that goes into an engine. I am sure it was not possible for GM to build and test every corner case on every metal-to-metal interface (mating two parts together where both of them came out on the long side of normal and there is too much pressure, or both too short, et cetera). I am not saying that is what is wrong with a few of the cars with the idle/stalling problems, but it is a type of example of why a problem may NEVER be noticed until a product goes into mass production.

If such a problem shows up in mass production, then it is time for the manufacturer to stand by the warranty for the vehicle's intended use and do what it takes to remedy the few bad vehicles which get sold. Also, random stallings should not be considered to be acceptable. It is a big safety issue if it happens in the wrong circumstances.

For me, what a company does for those outlier cases is a big factor in how I evaluate the long-term relationships I want to have when I choose a company from which to make a purchase. I surely hope Cadillac is the type of company who does the right thing and fixes such issues with great haste.

----------

Oh, by the way, my 2014 has no problems at all other than the stinky AC upon first start. My work-around is to turn off the AC about a minute before my destination, but leave the fan blowers on medium for that last minute with no AC (just fans). It blows out the system so it does not stink on restart the next time later. This is not very nice to have to do this, but on the other hand it is not a big deal.

----------

Also, what ever happened to that poor girl from Michigan whose car was vibrating/hesitating/stalling so badly and frequently that she had to pull over to the side of the road on her way to work and cry? I never heard any updates on that. I hope the car did not die on her in an intersection and she...

GJB

JavaGirl good question what ever happened to her?

TonyT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS
    I have a 2014 2.0T and no problems so far, just a few quirks at times with the CUE none of which would make me like the car less. I know Cadillac really wants these new models to work I'm sure the fixes will roll out when they are ready.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    JavaGirl good question what ever happened to her?
    if i remember right, it was ATSgirl. hopefully the problem was fixed

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    I have a 2014 2.0T and no problems so far, just a few quirks at times with the CUE none of which would make me like the car less. I know Cadillac really wants these new models to work I'm sure the fixes will roll out when they are ready.
    Hello TonyT,

Glad you are enjoying your 2014 so far! I am sorry if your CUE system isn't working properly. If you would like to discuss any concerns or have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We are here to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Kalibr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

Quote Originally Posted by sdm100 View Post
    This would never have happened on a BMW or MB!
    Basing your decision to never buy an American car again because of a squeaky noise, is absolutely ridiculous and very short-sighted! Especially, since this issue can be easily fixed if diagnosed properly.

It seems as though you went into this "American car" purchase with certain expectations of it being just like a German-engineered car and were obviously disappointed. Although Cadillac can now compete with some of the best German brands, it is still very "American" and I certainly hope it stays that way. If I wanted German, I'd buy German.

I've owned both BMWs and MBs and had issues with both - much more serious than a squeaky noise. Of course, that would not deter me from buying either again in the future. I've had my ATS for almost a year now and can list a hundred reasons why I like it more than the MB it replaced.

Anyway, enjoy your future German ride!
    Ihuntv8 likes this.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

I have a 2013 ATS 2.0 turbo! I have very small issues like the squeak talked about here and also moldy smell! I have owned over 30 cars! My last car was an 2003 Mitsubishi EVO, I worked for a company full time that all we did was build and race Mitsubishi cars! There isn't a car out there under 50k that can top the EVO, in handling, reliability, horsepower per cubic inch! With that said, my ATS is damn near the closest thing that I have driven all around! Cadillac did one hell of a job building this car!! Have I had issues, of course, it's a new model! Some people can not be fully satisfied, there going to constantly find things to complain about!
    You buy a performance car with stiffer suspension for handling, it's going to eventually have some squeaks! It sucks, but considering how well the car drives and handles, I can deal with small issues, I just turn radio up! Cadillac you took a huge step in the right direction with the ATS!
    I took ATS to an auto cross event and there was 80 cars entered, about 60 Mitsubishi cars, some BMW m3's and some other random sports cars, and one stock cadillac ATS. The caddy held its own finishing 19th overall, this was on stock rubber with 500 tread wear as majority of other cars ran 160 tread wear tires and several inches wider, and set up aftermarket suspensions! To say the least this car impressed myself along with a lot of other people! Not to mention majority of evo's running make 400-600 horsepower!

----------

Main reason I got away from making aftermarket parts, some people you can't just make happy no matter how hard you try! Customer is always right, EXCEPT when they want a car that puts down 600 horse, handles better than a Porsche GT3, runs 9's at drags trip, never breaks a single part, gets 40 mpg, QUIET exhaust, ac has to blow frost, drives and cruises down road like its on air, no rattles all while on 93 octane!
    Kalibr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    I have a 2013 ATS 2.0 turbo! I have very small issues like the squeak talked about here and also moldy smell! I have owned over 30 cars! My last car was an 2003 Mitsubishi EVO, I worked for a company full time that all we did was build and race Mitsubishi cars! There isn't a car out there under 50k that can top the EVO, in handling, reliability, horsepower per cubic inch! With that said, my ATS is damn near the closest thing that I have driven all around! Cadillac did one hell of a job building this car!! Have I had issues, of course, it's a new model! Some people can not be fully satisfied, there going to constantly find things to complain about!
    You buy a performance car with stiffer suspension for handling, it's going to eventually have some squeaks! It sucks, but considering how well the car drives and handles, I can deal with small issues, I just turn radio up! Cadillac you took a huge step in the right direction with the ATS!
    I took ATS to an auto cross event and there was 80 cars entered, about 60 Mitsubishi cars, some BMW m3's and some other random sports cars, and one stock cadillac ATS. The caddy held its own finishing 19th overall, this was on stock rubber with 500 tread wear as majority of other cars ran 160 tread wear tires and several inches wider, and set up aftermarket suspensions! To say the least this car impressed myself along with a lot of other people! Not to mention majority of evo's running make 400-600 horsepower!

----------

Main reason I got away from making aftermarket parts, some people you can't just make happy no matter how hard you try! Customer is always right, EXCEPT when they want a car that puts down 600 horse, handles better than a Porsche GT3, runs 9's at drags trip, never breaks a single part, gets 40 mpg, QUIET exhaust, ac has to blow frost, drives and cruises down road like its on air, no rattles all while on 93 octane!
    Hello Ihuntv8,

Glad to hear that you love your ATS as well! Please feel free to reach out to me via private message if you would like any assistance working with the dealership in regards to the concerns you are experiencing. Thank you very much for taking the time to post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

No real complaints from me Gregory! Well maybe an additional 100-200 horse! Ha

My dealer is Dave towel in Akron Ohio, they have exceeded my expectations! First scheduled maintenance they looked into some things only because they asked me what I thought of car,I had no plans of complaining! They gave me a nice loaner ATS to drive overnight while my car was getting oil change and tire rotation. They also have me first in line if/when ATS-v arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    No real complaints from me Gregory! Well maybe an additional 100-200 horse! Ha

My dealer is Dave towel in Akron Ohio, they have exceeded my expectations! First scheduled maintenance they looked into some things only because they asked me what I thought of car,I had no plans of complaining! They gave me a nice loaner ATS to drive overnight while my car was getting oil change and tire rotation. They also have me first in line if/when ATS-v arrives!
    Hello Ihuntv8,

That’s good to hear! I am glad that they took care of you and have exceeded your expectations! Well we will all be looking for your input about your impressions if/when the ATS-V comes out then! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.