Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a 2013 ATS and SRX. When using my iPhone 5 on handsfree Bluetooth the conversation seems clear to ...
    Tim Hulse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth

I have a 2013 ATS and SRX. When using my iPhone 5 on handsfree Bluetooth the conversation seems clear to me, but the person on the other end says it sounds like I'm standing out in the wind. Does anyone have a cure for this? I can't seem to find a fix at cadillac or apple.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hulse View Post
    I have a 2013 ATS and SRX. When using my iPhone 5 on handsfree Bluetooth the conversation seems clear to me, but the person on the other end says it sounds like I'm standing out in the wind. Does anyone have a cure for this? I can't seem to find a fix at cadillac or apple.
    I assume you aren't on the freeway with the windows down

FWIW, My wife and I have Windows phones and when I talk to her when she's driving it sounds great, even better than when she's at home on speaker phone (new Panasonic phone over OOMA VOIP). I don't know if that helps you decide which (phone or car) to focus on but if the problem is a universal trait of either, it sounds like it's the phone. If its an uncommon problem with either, who knows?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Tim Hulse,

I am sorry you are experiencing phone sound issues when using your Bluetooth in your vehicle. Since you stated you can't seem to find a fix at Cadillac, does this mean you have already worked with a dealership about this issue?

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Tim Hulse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello Tim Hulse,

I am sorry you are experiencing phone sound issues when using your Bluetooth in your vehicle. Since you stated you can't seem to find a fix at Cadillac, does this mean you have already worked with a dealership about this issue?

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I've asked about it when my car has been in for regular service. Service dept. wasn't aware of any fixes but did share he has seen this issue with iPhones before. My 2009 CTS prior had no such issues.

Tim

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    I assume you aren't on the freeway with the windows down

FWIW, My wife and I have Windows phones and when I talk to her when she's driving it sounds great, even better than when she's at home on speaker phone (new Panasonic phone over OOMA VOIP). I don't know if that helps you decide which (phone or car) to focus on but if the problem is a universal trait of either, it sounds like it's the phone. If its an uncommon problem with either, who knows?
    I've considered a change, so thanks for the tip on a phone that is working.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Same problem - iPhone 4s

unclemoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance - Radiant Silver Metallic

I've had similar comments on my iphone 5

I've asked about it when my car has been in for regular service. Service dept. wasn't aware of any fixes but did share he has seen this issue with iPhones before. My 2009 CTS prior had no such issues.

Tim
    Hello Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I apologize that your service department wasn’t able to find a solution to the issue you are experiencing. Could you private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with so Laura and I can reach out to them and do some additional research for you on your behalf? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

uhlenbe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Laura & Gregory,

I would appreciate if one of you could call me this afternoon on this topic. My wife bought the first 2013 Cadillac XTS (Platinum Xi) July 2012. Performed great until software update this May/June 2013. Severe background noise in bluetooth. This doesn't happen with same phone in other XTS's. No response to me from Corp. Cadillac. Abismal run around at local dealership - in fact trhought corp Cadillac under the bus, "Cadillac recognizes problem, but soe minor they will not support or pursue resolution". I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS CAR and the CADILLAC RESOLUTION PROCESS.

I would appreciate a call this afternoon....Brian 309-256-3343

Quote Originally Posted by uhlenbe View Post
    Laura & Gregory,

I would appreciate if one of you could call me this afternoon on this topic. My wife bought the first 2013 Cadillac XTS (Platinum Xi) July 2012. Performed great until software update this May/June 2013. Severe background noise in bluetooth. This doesn't happen with same phone in other XTS's. No response to me from Corp. Cadillac. Abismal run around at local dealership - in fact trhought corp Cadillac under the bus, "Cadillac recognizes problem, but soe minor they will not support or pursue resolution". I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS CAR and the CADILLAC RESOLUTION PROCESS.

I would appreciate a call this afternoon....Brian 309-256-3343
    Hello uhlenbe,

I saw your message this morning and gave you a call so we could discuss this concern you are experiencing. I received your voicemail and left you a message. Please let me know if you did not receive it. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Same problem... iPhone 4S ... I do not make calls through CUE as people get irritated and ask me to call back.

Anz
    Anz is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    I too have the same problem with a 5S - another strike against CUE!

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

My Galaxy S4 does the same thing it worked fine in my 11 CTS because of it my boyfriend has told me to only call him from the ATS if it is important or an emergency.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

I have noticed that when my wife calls from her SRX sounds better than when she calls from my ATS using her iPhone 4s. So, this leads me to think the microphone on the ATS is installed either in a bad position relative to the person talking/AC outlet, or could be a different and lower quality microphone on the ATS.

Tsmith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I am having the same problem. I have an iphone5 and when I am talking to someone they ask if my window is down. I took it in the dealership and we even synced another brand of phone and it did the same thing. So it isn't related to the iphone5. They currently have a work order and are trying to find a fix. Apparently we are not the only ones with this issue. I use my phone for business and drive around all day. I would never have purchased the car if I knew the Bluetooth didn't work. I had a SRX before the XTS and the Bluetooth worked great and was extremely clear. I hope they fix it soon. My neighbor was looking to get a new XTS and is waiting to see if there is a fix before he buys one.

----------

Tim, Have the found a fix for you? I am wondering if I need to look at getting rid of my XTS. I have to have a phone that works.

drlib14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2014 Turbo AWD

I have the Same thing going on IPhone 5s 2014 ATS with Cue

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.