Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; parts not in yet, will update when its done...
    drlib14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2014 Turbo AWD

Re: Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth

parts not in yet, will update when its done
    pever likes this.

dodgedieselguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V, 2014 V-Sport

I too have an Iphone5 and have 2 2014 Cadillacs, and the one with CUE, is the only one with this issue, so I too am very interested to hear if and when Cadillac addresses and solves this problem. Feel free to pm me for more details.

PBGelber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD Prem

They do have a fix. They drop the headliner and reattacht the mic with some new foam etc. have your Dealer order the kit before you go in or in will take 2 visits like mine did. Once the fix is installed, it works great. No more wind tunnel!!!!

dodgedieselguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V, 2014 V-Sport

Hopefully you would be willing to tell the forum the name of the dealer that solved your problem, so I can call them to get the bulletin number for my dealer that of course hasn't heard of the fix.
    When I get the bulletin number, I will post it!
    Thanks in advance for the help, in fixing a very annoying problem.
    Best Regards, Chip Fisher

PBGelber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD Prem

It was Key Cadillac in Edina MN. I checked my repair order and there was no TSB or any other info. Wish I could be more helpful. My last name is Gelber if that helps looking up the repair order.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Funny - my wind noise issue was repaired by a programming change.

My other Dealer just did a Software update
    here is the info from the paper work

9757 HMI per PI1126B reprogrammed the navigation radios HMI module with USB programming to updated version

still waiting on the other dealer to get in the parts for the mic

have not tested the software fix out on a long drive yet hope that was the fix
    had to re do bluetooth add phones back in
    and reset some nav stuff also

UPDATE

Software update did fix the Wind tunnel noise

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Car Issues – Fix It Right the First Time - April 8, 2014
    PI1162A ATS, CTS -- Mobile telephone microphone poor performance
    Secure the wire harness and install foam patch

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3105

lhastmann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS, 2014 CTS

I have a 2014 CTS and have experienced the same issue with the background noise when making calls with my iPhone 5. I've been to AutoNation in West Palm Beach, FL. Per the TSB, they wrapped the bluetooth microphone in foam. That didn't improve the sound quality. This morning I went to Cadillac of Mahwah, NJ and they found nothing wrong with the microphone. My 2009 CTS and my wife's 2013 XTS don't have this issue.

This is most frustrating as I often use my phone when driving. What can be done?

Thanks – Lloyd Astmann (lhastmann@gmail.com)

bhtko is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS & 2014 ATS

I have a 2014 CTS and ATS and both have the same problem. I took the CTS to my dealer and they replaced the microphone which did absolutely nothing. I gave them PI1126B and they said that this PI was outside of my VIN number. I gave them PI1162A and they said that the foam was already installed in my car from the factory??? Now they want me to bring the car in and leave it there because they say that Cadillac Engineering will not speak to them about it unless they have the car?!?!

I am beyond frustrated at this point. The fact that I cannot make a clear call in either car like I can on any number of cars that sell for a fraction of their cost is insane. The lack of dealer knowledge and Cadillac support on this issue only makes it worse. I am at the end of my rope! I have been buying Cadillacs for years but this may be the end for me. (on a side note, the CTS already had two recalls and a bad ball joint replaced and the car only has 7,400 miles on it)

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Bhtko,

For what it's worth, I had the wind noise problem on our 2013 ATS. I just had the additional foam added around the mic via PI 1162B. It solved the problem.

My 2014 XTS does not exhibit this issue..

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bhtko View Post
    I have a 2014 CTS and ATS and both have the same problem. I took the CTS to my dealer and they replaced the microphone which did absolutely nothing. I gave them PI1126B and they said that this PI was outside of my VIN number. I gave them PI1162A and they said that the foam was already installed in my car from the factory??? Now they want me to bring the car in and leave it there because they say that Cadillac Engineering will not speak to them about it unless they have the car?!?!

I am beyond frustrated at this point. The fact that I cannot make a clear call in either car like I can on any number of cars that sell for a fraction of their cost is insane. The lack of dealer knowledge and Cadillac support on this issue only makes it worse. I am at the end of my rope! I have been buying Cadillacs for years but this may be the end for me. (on a side note, the CTS already had two recalls and a bad ball joint replaced and the car only has 7,400 miles on it)
    Hi bhtko,

I’m really sorry to hear you are experiencing noise concerns with both of your vehicles and you are unsatisfied with your dealership experience. I understand your frustration. I would be happy to assist you and provide an additional layer of support if you are interested. Please private message me your contact information, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bhtko is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS & 2014 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi bhtko,

I’m really sorry to hear you are experiencing noise concerns with both of your vehicles and you are unsatisfied with your dealership experience. I understand your frustration. I would be happy to assist you and provide an additional layer of support if you are interested. Please private message me your contact information, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Katie,

Thank you. Private message sent.

liveoakranch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS and 2004 Escalade ESV

I've experienced this same problem. The callee hears the road/wind noise when the caller uses an iPhone 5 on a 2014 XTS or a 2015 Chevy 2500. The callee hears a clear sound when the caller uses an iPhone 5 on a 2010 GMC Denali or a 2011 Suburban. If the caller uses an iPhone 4, the callee hears a clear sound on all 4 of these GM vehicles. I plan to visit a GM dealer soon to see if there is a solution for the iPhone 5 on the newer vehicles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.