Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hmmm. .1 Has anyone tried this with the Bose AudioPilot turned off? .2 Has anyone with an iPhone 4S or ...
    pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: Wind noise when using iPhone 5 on Bluetooth

Hmmm.

.1 Has anyone tried this with the Bose AudioPilot turned off?

.2 Has anyone with an iPhone 4S or 5 (several of the phones listed above) found NO such problem when at highway speed?

I have this on my list for dealer action and will try to test the AudioPilot item tomorrow if I get a chance - and a volunteer willing to take a call from me! People get REAL irritated!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by drlib14 View Post
    I have the Same thing going on IPhone 5s 2014 ATS with Cue
    Hello dlib14,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same issue with the wind noise with your iPhone 5s as well. Have you reached out to your dealership regarding this concern yet?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by pever View Post
    Hmmm.

.1 Has anyone tried this with the Bose AudioPilot turned off?

.2 Has anyone with an iPhone 4S or 5 (several of the phones listed above) found NO such problem when at highway speed?

I have this on my list for dealer action and will try to test the AudioPilot item tomorrow if I get a chance - and a volunteer willing to take a call from me! People get REAL irritated!
    Hello pever,

Have you reached out to GM of Canada yet? You can reach out to them 800-263-3777 regarding this concern. They can be contacted Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 11:30PM EST and Saturday 7:30AM to 6PM EST.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Dave3283 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Had service for this and poor FM reception. They reprogrammed the radio and the Human Interface Module with newest software. Tested phone by calling my voicemail - it sounded normal. Need to go back for keyfob trunk release, they ran out of time. Offered me a rental, but it's not that important.

drlib14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2014 Turbo AWD

I will soon just drove 12 hours in the car and every call was bad, my Land Rover is great and My Benz is also
    my CTS coupe was also great, the ATS is very poor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3283 View Post
    They reprogrammed the radio and the Human Interface Module with newest software.
    Good tip, thanks; I will have my dealer consider this Tuesday when they pick up my car next. I have not had a chance to do other tests.

dsemaan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I just purchased my vehicle a couple weeks ago, and I am having the same issue with an Iphone 4s. I have a 2013 ATS without cue. I am wondering if Cadillac is aware of this issue. I have not been to the dealership to ask if there is a fix for this yet.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Yep. If I call my wife when shes driving the ATS it sounds like she has the windows down driving 110mph. She has a iP4s.

Calls through the Kenwood head unit I put in my M3 sound crystal clear.

My build date was early March. Cars before or close to this date may benefit from the update.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

FYI The Cue update Dave3283 is referring to is Bulletin #12293

The CUE system update (Bulletin #12293) includes software to enhance the customer experience with the Human Machine Interface (HMI) radio (Fig. 4), including Phone/Bluetooth pairing, Media Player, internal/external resets, rear camera and the map database.
    Use Black or Silver USB Stick
    The software update requires the use of a black USB stick (for vehicle with a navigation system) or a silver USB stick (for vehicles without a navigation system). These USB sticks were shipped to dealerships in February 2013.
    Do Not Use SD Card
    Do not use the SD card that was shipped to dealerships in conjunction with Service Update Bulletin #12257. Discard this SD card; it is no longer required for any service procedure.
    Performing the SD card update after the CUE system USB update has been completed may cause damage to the HMI module. If the SD card update was performed after CUE system USB update and the navigation system is stuck at the “loading maps” screen, contact the Techline Customer Support Center at 1-800-828-6860 (English) or 1800-503-3222 (French).
    Software Update
    Follow the procedures for the CUE system update exactly as outlined in Bulletin #12293 using the appropriate USB stick, which contains the HMI software and the latest map database.
    To determine if the vehicle is equipped with a navigation system, press the navigation button on the display. If maps are populated, then the vehicle is equipped with navigation (use the black USB stick). If a compass appears with OnStar instructions, the vehicle is not equipped with navigation (use the silver USB stick).
    The navigation software update will take about two hours to load. The non-navigation software will take about 30 minutes to load.
    TIP: Do not attempt to install the CUE system update USB stick to a Techline PC. Do not give the USB stick to the customer.
    If you have any questions regarding the infotainment files on the USB stick or the programming procedure, contact the Techline Customer Support Center.

----------

I have had the above update done the day that I purchased my ATS

In my situation a lot of the wind noise is due to the microphone picking up the Hvac system air coming out/blower motor when it is on.
    There is a big difference in audio quality during phone calls when it is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3283 View Post
    Had service for this and poor FM reception. They reprogrammed the radio and the Human Interface Module with newest software. Tested phone by calling my voicemail - it sounded normal. Need to go back for keyfob trunk release, they ran out of time. Offered me a rental, but it's not that important.
    Hello Dave3283,

I am glad to hear that the reprogramming of the Human Interface Module addressed the concern you were having. Keep us updated when you have a chance to go back in for the keyfob trunk release concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I will soon just drove 12 hours in the car and every call was bad, my Land Rover is great and My Benz is also
    my CTS coupe was also great, the ATS is very poor
    Hello drilib14,

Please let us know when you do decide to have your ATS in to have this concern looked into. If you need any assistance setting up an appointment, Laura or I would be more than happy to assist you in setting that up.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dsemaan View Post
    I just purchased my vehicle a couple weeks ago, and I am having the same issue with an Iphone 4s. I have a 2013 ATS without cue. I am wondering if Cadillac is aware of this issue. I have not been to the dealership to ask if there is a fix for this yet.
    Hello dsemaan,

Congratulations on your recent purchase of your ATS! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issues with your iPhone and your Bluetooth. I would suggest bringing your vehicle back to the dealership so they can look further into this concern. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like any assistance setting up that appointment.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Yep. If I call my wife when shes driving the ATS it sounds like she has the windows down driving 110mph. She has a iP4s.

Calls through the Kenwood head unit I put in my M3 sound crystal clear.
    Hello SLA,

I apologize that your family’s ATS has this concern as well. Have you contacted your dealership regarding this concern yet?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

drlib14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2014 Turbo AWD

Was just at the dealer Friday for this, Was told that they had to order a part (foam to put around the Mic in the headliner) again we shall see, hope they do not mess up the car to do this

Was just at the dealer Friday for this, Was told that they had to order a part (foam to put around the Mic in the headliner) again we shall see, hope they do not mess up the car to do this
    Wow, this could be great news for me as the situation is a serious problem for me and has been isolated to something to do with the microphones... please, do post any info you can on what part was ordered, any document reference used by your dealer, anything at all.

Reprogramming the interface failed ? I think the foam is used when there actually is wind to deflect.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Foam is used to buffet wind noise. In this case, wind is not the actual problem, it just sounds like it is windy. This problem still exists when the windows are all rolled up and HVAC off.

Hello drlib14,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please be sure to let us know the result of the repair when the dealership gets the required part in. We will be sure to be on the lookout for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.