PFADT tune and intake dyno graph
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, PFADT tune and intake dyno graph in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I took my car to have it dynoed today. Very humid FL summer weather! First and 2nd runs we had ...
    malaka1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

PFADT tune and intake dyno graph

I took my car to have it dynoed today. Very humid FL summer weather! First and 2nd runs we had AC on we turned it off let it cool for about 10 min and ran it with AC off and picked up 8whp. I bet with a better cool down the numbers would be a little higher.
    2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT
    PFADT tune
    PFADT carbon intake
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

Re: PFADT tune and intake dyno graph

great numbers, congrats!

what pat of fl are you in? this speaks well for the pfadt tune, as you pretty much dyno'd your car on THE hottest day of the year.

clutch750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 AWD 2.0T Performance

what are the stock #'s

I was hoping for better gains I saw a stock auto 2.0t dyno 239whp and 275wtq based on that I only gained 15whp and 6wtq.

----------

I am in Tampa, FL

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by malaka1 View Post
    I was hoping for better gains I saw a stock auto 2.0t dyno 239whp and 275wtq based on that I only gained 15whp and 6wtq.

----------

I am in Tampa, FL
    thats it? a 15HP gain? somethings not right there, even in sweltering heat and humidity, the stock numbers would have dyno'd lower and the new tune, while maybe not high, would still have been a 30-40ish gap, know what I mean?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by malaka1 View Post
    You can't tell a thing about gains or losses without back to back with and without on the same dyno and even then you have to make sure other variables are the same such as engine temps, etc.. You can't compare your tune dyno to some other car's base on another dyno or at another time, nor can you compare your tune numbers with anyone elses tune dynos.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Oh good eye, didn't read that he was basing his stock dyno off someone elses'. I read

"I saw the stock dyno at....."

lol but yeah you can't really do that OP

Ya I just saw his #'s in 103f which is similar both dynojet and I am 6mt. And Edmund's dyno

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Must have back to back, same car...

dirty south Guest

That curve is MUCH nicer than the other dyno for a pfadt tune I've seen on here...Did you ever get to do a stock vs tune back to back dyno? HP curve looks more like the 328 now...pulls all the way through...and i love not seeing the torque curve so spikey...And it's not all about max numbers...if you get 300+ ft of torque for 1500 rpms and then it falls flat on it's face won't be as fast as a car that hits 275 and holds it longer...Plus it feels sooooooo much more enjoyable to have a car that just keeps pulling all the way through the RPM's...

exbagboy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium White Diamond

Yes, and there's no way a stock auto 2.0t would be making 275 tq to the wheels. Double check that dyno you saw.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

That was probably my dyno taken during winter and I have the DP installed. Talk about disappointment. Pfadt has also stopped e-mail support so I am truly abandoned. Pretty sure Pfadt lost this customer.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty south View Post
    That curve is MUCH nicer than the other dyno for a pfadt tune I've seen on here...Did you ever get to do a stock vs tune back to back dyno? HP curve looks more like the 328 now...pulls all the way through...and i love not seeing the torque curve so spikey...And it's not all about max numbers...if you get 300+ ft of torque for 1500 rpms and then it falls flat on it's face won't be as fast as a car that hits 275 and holds it longer...Plus it feels sooooooo much more enjoyable to have a car that just keeps pulling all the way through the RPM's...

dirty south Guest

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    That was probably my dyno taken during winter and I have the DP installed. Talk about disappointment. Pfadt has also stopped e-mail support so I am truly abandoned. Pretty sure Pfadt lost this customer.
    Sorry, I'm confused...You said in the OP it was a "humid FL summer day"...? Do you have other charts? I'd love to see them all...and i'd be curious if pdfadt worked with you after the initial tune....and is this "winter dyno" the straight software tune? I see you've got the intake but was it tuned for that? I see they do offer a intake/software tune...is that what these are?

I apologize for all the questions! And I'm sorry you've had, what sounds like, a disappointing experience...

Thanks again

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Looking at the graph your AF looks to be sliding down from 14:1 to 13:1 approaching peak boost/torque. That's too lean on a dynojet in my opinion for a boosted motor. You'll be even leaner on the street under full load.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Yes, my dyno results are from the full p35 kit. It's down 20whp and 60wtq from advertised and producing detonation. Since Pfadt is no longer supporting my tune via e-mail, I have finally found a local shop that will give me a custom tune via HPTuners and fix my detonation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty south View Post
    ....and is this "winter dyno" the straight software tune? I see you've got the intake but was it tuned for that? I see they do offer a intake/software tune...is that what these are?
    Nite_Hawk likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.